Quote Originally Posted by Ansekh View Post
    He has the achievement for the epic cloak, but he is not using any of them. Nor the legendary meta gem.
    Achievements are accountwide now so it's not unthinkable that he has those from his resto druid and not his paladin.

Wow, thanks for all the feedback. My rotation it seems is somewhat out of whack. I will focus my efforts there and on the my usage of holy power. Improvements to my UI may assist with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Achievements are account wide now so it's not unthinkable that he has those from his resto druid and not his paladin.
    Yeah, that is the case. Currently burning my way through the quest again, the 3 week valor cap is what is slowing me down there.

Thanks again guys, appreciate the time taken to look into this.

Hey folks.

So normally I'm a ret pally, but due to H Dark shamans, and one of our tanks getting hacked, I've had to star tanking every so often. I know my gear is poop since it's mostly DPS gear, but my DPS seems ridiculously low.

Am I doing something horribly wrong?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b5zkdr4j81hyyxpw/ is our WoL for the night. I usually try to keep EF up on me or the other tank, and besides that just always try to be hitting... something.

I'm super new to prot though and kinda clueless. Thanks! (Also, how well rated is spark of zandalari? Should I keep my thoks, drop that if I get the CD reduction trinket? I assume yes but want to be sure.)

Edit: My armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...entos/advanced
    Last edited by CyborgGrandpa; 2013-12-18 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgGrandpa View Post
    I'm super new to prot though and kinda clueless. Thanks! (Also, how well rated is spark of zandalari? Should I keep my thoks, drop that if I get the CD reduction trinket? I assume yes but want to be sure.)
    Gear overall looks good, far as i know 10m go for thok's and zanda as BiS or at least that's what i am aiming for. i think 25m looks at possibly getting Malk stam trink and im using atm just because ive never seen thok trinkets drop in our raids. Also dont be afraid to grab a healing shield if it drops from a boss, the arm/stam and stats will be a massive upgrade to what your currently using and there not that bad either (you lose str which bar little bit parry is dps stat for haste/mastery)
    I dont rate holy prism for prot really, and personaly i dont like the 20sec cd on top of everything else. Id suggets trying hammer of light which i use for most fights or ES. Looking at sha on logs i always use hammer to throw into middle when group stacks for self reflection as its always up and help me grab all the mobs.

Looking at shar of pride (3) on log as its for the most part tank and spank for tanking side of things. (im not great at logs but try and help ^^)
    90% uptime on EF which is good, your crusader strike / judgment ratio looks good - did use divine protection 4 times that fight and you currently have and assume you use unbreakable sprt during that fight so you could of use 8-9. Far as my math goes you use all holy power before it was capped although you did cast SotR 32 times (32x3=96HP, 133HP gained, 37HP on EF), you said you were casting on other tank also - while i do this sometimes as the new tank on the block i would worry more about yourself than the other tank atm and focus more HP into SoTR.

Overall i can't see anything majorly wrong, sure if i missed something someone else will shout. On another note your holy pala seams to be massivly behind the healing curve, with you as prot either just behind or the same healing over the 3 sha fights. Doesn't seam so bad on the other kills, but might consider telling the monk or H-pala to stop slacking and go 2 heal as you should be able to do it looking at fights before. That and i honestly feel that fight is easier with more dps to shorten time to 30% and from 30%-0%.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Thank you so much for the critiques!

Let's not talk about the holy pally. >.>;; And as far as the monk, I think the problem with them was normally I'm ret, and I pretty much call out every mechanic... they might have gotten lazy/used to it. Even though tanking has been a bit easier than DPS'ing for me, I'm still learning the spec so I tend to concentrate and only focus on me and the other tank, and forget to call things out. Not an excuse for their performance, but I think that's the reason.

We had a big roster shake-up recently and missing DPS and a hacked tank so we were basically stuck 3 healing this time, but we were about to move over to a 2 heal setup.

I have one last question though; my DPS is absolute shite compared to other tanks (we used to have an amazing brewmaster who would crush the meters, and our warrior puts out good numbers).

Is my DPS about where it should be considering my gear? That would make me a sadpanda if so.

Also one last note: My gems and whatnot are kinda wonky because I share a lot of my gear with my ret set, and I don't want to have to regem/reforge every piece every time I have to swap, so until I get full sets of gear for my tank, gonna have to forge/gem around those pieces I guess.

Thanks again for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgGrandpa View Post
    Is my DPS about where it should be considering my gear? That would make me a sadpanda if so.

Also one last note: My gems and whatnot are kinda wonky because I share a lot of my gear with my ret set, and I don't want to have to regem/reforge every piece every time I have to swap, so until I get full sets of gear for my tank, gonna have to forge/gem around those pieces I guess.
    Ill be honest i dont look at my own dps personaly, doesnt mean to say i dont work to do more i just dont normaly monitor it to closely unless were close but not quite reaching a dps check. Looking at nourshen to comapre dps as our immersues bit of a mess as few of main team on break and rest for you wernt HC kills. Im 567 Eq and using crit build with 3 bastion WoG glyph build to max dmg, i did 160k and you did 139k - so yea given everything id say your dps was fine. Dont bother comparing to brewmaster, i havent tanked with but ive heard that they can do some pretty high dmg. 4set will proberly help your dmg also as you get more HP to use on SoTR instead of EF

Also enchants might be off like bracers with str but gem's for the most part are shared between the spec's. Haste is king.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no normal way to be on par with a brewmaster on the dps side at equal gear/skill. Wars can be challenging on mono, unbeatable on aoe.
    Just looking at your overall dps, it seems fine.
    Also it mostly depends what you have to do during fights but in general, prepare to be bottom of the list I guess, except for a couple of fights.
    It's a good idea in theory but do not really try to have such a high EF uptime without 4pc. Wait for 5th bastion + big hit and cast another one.
    Rather spend HoPo in SotR. Although I agree when you got 4pc, go for it. Your healers will love you.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear looks fine. One thing that people coming into prot pala from DPS classes seem to do, is have an unhealthy obsession with meeting socket bonuses. Nope. Nope. Nope. If you need to gem something other than 320 haste then do it but put it in a place where you get the nicest bonus. Don't go for a bonus just because it's there. For all those old pala tanks - remember ICC. 30stam in every slot then a Sovereign Dreadstone in a red slot that grants you the biggest stamina bonus.

If you NEED those green/orange gems then fine but if you don't then don't bother. Your haste is at such a level where Long Arm of the Law provides a higher uptime of a fast speed effect than PoJ so go for that as Judgement has a low CD at this point. Speed of Light will be nice for some fights though so don't ignore that too, I'm not sure the optimal choice for Shamans. I would've thought LaotL honestly because there's always a small gap between each spell they cast and you can then move at supersonic speeds to escape whatever/get to oozes but that's the only movement you'll need to do. I've not done the fight on heroic though so someone else will have to explain that part.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Your gear looks fine. One thing that people coming into prot pala from DPS classes seem to do, is have an unhealthy obsession with meeting socket bonuses. Nope. Nope. Nope. If you need to gem something other than 320 haste then do it but put it in a place where you get the nicest bonus. Don't go for a bonus just because it's there. For all those old pala tanks - remember ICC. 30stam in every slot then a Sovereign Dreadstone in a red slot that grants you the biggest stamina bonus.

If you NEED those green/orange gems then fine but if you don't then don't bother. Your haste is at such a level where Long Arm of the Law provides a higher uptime of a fast speed effect than PoJ so go for that as Judgement has a low CD at this point. Speed of Light will be nice for some fights though so don't ignore that too, I'm not sure the optimal choice for Shamans. I would've thought LaotL honestly because there's always a small gap between each spell they cast and you can then move at supersonic speeds to escape whatever/get to oozes but that's the only movement you'll need to do. I've not done the fight on heroic though so someone else will have to explain that part.
    You're correct that when you have around 15k+ haste you really don't need PoJ. LoatL is way higher uptime at that point, even more so considering we dump our HoOk almost instalty anyway.

I must say I haven't used anything but SoL since ToT as a tank; if played correctly you won't need the movement speed unless you majorly fuck up, and SoL gives you faster speed if that happens. And if you fuck up more often, then you should focus more on how to prevent it from happening instead of bandaiding it.

That said, SoL combined with nitro boost is rediculously funny to do, you're nearmy as fast as a flying mount. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    You're correct that when you have around 15k+ haste you really don't need PoJ. LoatL is way higher uptime at that point, even more so considering we dump our HoOk almost instalty anyway.^
    LAotL is better than PoJ at 0 haste. You should really never ever ever use PoJ. But, I have been using SoL for almost every boss since ToT anyways. Been a few fights where I chose LAotL instead. Thok and Siegecrafter in SoO, probably some other boss aswell that I cant remember.

lel, i think i switched to PoJ for back peddeling with skeer. (Later on i just started using rp walk)

Deleted
    PoJ is great for when you can't attack the target. For instance let's assume you're kiting the iron star in p4 on garrosh it moves at 130% speed so if you run poj with 3 hopo before it spawns you'll be moving just fast enough to stay ahead without getting too far and losing the fixate (you'd obviously then want a speed boost just before you hit garrosh with it).

Deleted
    I loved LAotL for primordius because of random spawning black blobs and the long CD on SoL. You could be rng fucked so hard on those pop and violet pools to avoid... as soon as LAotL was in the picture : cake walk. Also animus "normal" heroic strat to boost the fadd feeding.

On SoO I use SoL every time, but I can see some fight with LAotL being interesting, just maybe no as crucial as it was for primoridus (for our raid and strategy I mean). And since HC blackfuse is being focused after the holidays, I'll see if I need it, but thanks for the hint

For protpal dps, It's just disapointing with low vengeance. So yeah it's where it "should" be since your rotation is similar to ret which you already mastered. If you want to dps as any tank, vengeance whore at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

Yeah, once I get a full set of pure tank gear, instead of several pieces that are also my DPS set that I can't gem/reforge differently, I'll fix the last few gem slots I'm using. I'm currently stuck in a weird balancing act because I'm really not supposed to be a new main tank.

I had a feeling LAotL was better than PoJ, considering that's what I use on my ret, but while I was still getting comfortable with the spec I wanted to at least have the flat move bonus. I've switched back to LAotL now.

Thanks again for all the help from everyone.

In regards to H Shamans: There's actually barely any movement for me, because I'm one of the two tanks on Earthbreaker who we drag into the corner of the arena and tank/spank.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Got a warforged Nazgrim shield on my bonus roll! Wooo~ I'm sure this will help me RIDICULOUSLY, since I'm getting a lot more comfortable tanking now. :3

Hello all!

I would appreciate some feedback / advice for my Prot Pally so I can try and improve where possible as I know there are improvements that can be made to help make myself better. Considering our team is a little low in the DPS and Healing Department, I don't want to make things any harder in the tanking department also! So any advice to improve myself, then i'm all ears (well.. eyes!). I can also take criticism well, just as long as you tell me how to improve with what you're criticizing about

A little note also is that I raidlead too, however, I don't feel this hinders my game-play too much!

Will link our whole calendar so you can choose which bosses you would like to see..

Logs - http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/271528/

Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ivine/advanced

Also, I was wondering on what CD rotations you guys / girls use for solo tanking Heroic Thok upto in the first Phase 1 to about 24-27 stacks.

All feedback will be greatly appreciated and thank you very much for taking your time in reading this to help me out
    Last edited by Hound02; 2013-12-20 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    Doesnt work for me but bit of digging guess this is you -
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ivine/advanced

Not seeing anything on armory majorly wrong, 2 tired to try go though logs atm so hopefully armory link help someone else out.

>EDIT<
    As was moved here by Fhi im guessing that broke link as original works.
    Last edited by Teddybird; 2013-12-20 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    Also, I was wondering on what CD rotations you guys / girls use for solo tanking Heroic Thok upto in the first Phase 1 to about 24-27 stacks.
    I personally use Divine Prot for the 3rd stack, HA just after that DP for 5th, guardian just as the 6th hits and AD/DP again just after 7. We never get 8 i forget how many stacks we actually hit might barely be 24.

If you do last long enough to get to 8 just push everything back 1 stack more.

This has never let me just die...hell even my cloak doesn't proc on this phase. Long as you EF a 5 stack just before you HA, sometime in the middle of HA, and at the end near stack 6 you should really never need heals either. Only before you get a EF up on the pull do you actually need heals.

and why do you cry ?

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    and why do you cry ?
    Because it's a lot more about confort level and what you need in a given moment instead of being actually best in all scenarios (like 7.5% hit/exp)

On related subject, does anyone have a list of which of our abilities can be parried/dodged ? (AS,CS,HotR,J,SotR,HW,HoW,t6,Harsh Words - WoG)