Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    On a serious note, it looks like Blizzard just can't avoid overpowering couple of classes every season and nothing changed in this regard.
    ^

Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    PvP will always suck cause they dont even bother trying to "balance" it 1v1.

Thanks to that the class i might play is crap 1v1 hitting for like 10k while other classes crits me for 50k+ while ofcourse in arena im viable in a special combo that blows CDs in the same time.

Hope one day Blizzard tries doing something for it but i doubt it cause this game is so old.
    Actually i just realised that this post is 100% true. In GW2 every class can holde it's candle to any other class, ofc it depends on aviable cds/skill-trait choice/gear setup choice but still it's pretty balanced in 1v1 scenario and in no way i'm ever looking on any class like a punching bag. Moving on to WoW it's easy to understand that when warrior is clearly better then most melee, rest will be pigeonholed into specific setups that works only combining X,Y,Z becouse without X/Y Z can't hold its own. So as result hordes of ppls are rerolling to FOTMs, some succesfully whille others no so much. And truth be told not every reroller is doing it of his own free will, quite a lot are doing this becouse of current state of their beloved class/spec.

Easiest example is Cata ench shaman - few ppls got very high with the spec, but majority couldn't becouse class was limited to probably 2 setups - ench/rog/priest and ench/feral/priest and replacing ench with hunter or mage would yield better results unless team synergy between teammates was totally amazing. Problem is that to build such a strong team synergy you need your partners to be your friends or long time teammates that're willing to sacrifice extra raiting just to play with you. Long terms you can achieve results similar to FOTM compositions, but short term you're holding your team back playing underpowered spec and truth be told not many players are thinking months ahead when building their team. So all in all most ench shamans didn't even have a proper chance to pvp in Cata.

The long story short: Blizzard ignores 1v1 imbalances, becouse they balance game "around 3v3" but no matter what they do 3v3 balance is still in the gutter.

Deleted
    Actually i just realised that this post is 100% true. In GW2 every class can holde it's candle to any other class, ofc it depends on aviable cds/skill-trait choice/gear setup choice but still it's pretty balanced in 1v1 scenario and in no way i'm ever looking on any class like a punching bag. Moving on to WoW it's easy to understand that when warrior is clearly better then most melee, rest will be pigeonholed into specific setups that works only combining X,Y,Z becouse without X/Y Z can't hold its own. So as result hordes of ppls are rerolling to FOTMs, some succesfully whille others no so much. And truth be told not every reroller is doing it of his own free will, quite a lot are doing this becouse of current state of their beloved class/spec.

Easiest example is Cata ench shaman - few ppls got very high with the spec, but majority couldn't becouse class was limited to probably 2 setups - ench/rog/priest and ench/feral/priest and replacing ench with hunter or mage would yield better results unless team synergy between teammates was totally amazing. Problem is that to build such a strong team synergy you need your partners to be your friends or long time teammates that're willing to sacrifice extra raiting just to play with you. Long terms you can achieve results similar to FOTM compositions, but short term you're holding your team back playing underpowered spec and truth be told not many players are thinking months ahead when building their team. So all in all most ench shamans didn't even have a proper chance to pvp in Cata.

The long story short: Blizzard ignores 1v1 imbalances, becouse they balance game "around 3v3" but no matter what they do 3v3 balance is still in the gutter.
    Sad but true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fro my personal experience I think wotlk was most balanced, or at least s8. Classes barely had any burst CDs (no on use trinket, but proc chance, which wasn't that great.) and the ones who did were either haste increasing CDs are CDs that allowed you to use other abilities easier. Only the paladin had real DMG % increasing CDs (and warr for 3 attacks).

What I'm trying to say is that classes had A LOT better sustained damage back in wotlk.

If you compare damage in MoP with wotlk the sustained damage of classes have been decreased by like 4 times while burst has been increased by 2 times.

for those exploiting arena ratings, I honestly don't see why they don't make a system that bans players from participating in arena. Like activating the "Season not available" switch on a player to player basis.

And no, PvP is far from balanced. It probably never will be as long as PvE and PvP are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Fro my personal experience I think wotlk was most balanced, or at least s8. Classes barely had any burst CDs (no on use trinket, but proc chance, which wasn't that great.) and the ones who did were either haste increasing CDs are CDs that allowed you to use other abilities easier. Only the paladin had real DMG % increasing CDs (and warr for 3 attacks).

What I'm trying to say is that classes had A LOT better sustained damage back in wotlk.

If you compare damage in MoP with wotlk the sustained damage of classes have been decreased by like 4 times while burst has been increased by 2 times.
    As short as it was, I think season 7 was better balanced than 8, season 8 got ruined by ICC/pve gear (mostly trinkets and weapons).

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's terrible. Although I was having a lot of fun on my Warrior that was only because I could reck everything, sort of like artificial fun if that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's essentially the standard pvp season we usually have, some classes are OP, some are underpowered. To be fair though I'm seeing much more diversity in the classes able to hit 2200+ in arena's (minus all the hunters/warriors) where classes like Enh shamans can actually hit 2200 with greater ease, but I'd still say I enjoyed season 6 the most.

most of you know coridor based games like dota, there are hero tiers after everypatch like god tier, legendary tier to trash etc. that is comprehensible because there are at least 100 heroes. those tiers exist in wow pvp too despite 11 classes. that is the major problem, i support diversity between classes, i miss the days when we searched a shammy for our raid back in wotlk but diversity shouldnt mean a cliff between classes. like compare a rogue to a fdruid. both has permaslow both are dispelable, then come to comparison between a warrior and a dk, well thats when things get serious.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    I guess banning isn't that easy when we talk about games with a monthly subscription fee...
    Banning means losing money, short-term, but in the long run it should actually be the opposite, as it improves reputation.

Blizzard probably thinks that their reputation regarding anti-cheating measures is good enough right now.
    Banning will also increase profits in the long run because a lot of hackers/botters/exploiters will just buy a new account.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post

Imo it wasn't: prot wars doing more dmg then arms with retarded lockdown, destro/eles globaling ppls, warriors with stupid amount of ARP, dieing in a single bladestorm or scatter-silence etc.Tbh i can't really remmember a single season when every spec (lets admit it lots of ppls roll class for specific spec, not to be forced to play something other) could compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Dude, dontchya know? PvP is like, always balanced around 1v1!
    /end sarcasm
    +agree
    Well, to be fair, it is supposed to be balanced around rated battlegrounds, but everyone here likes to pretend arena is what matters. Blizzard said long ago they were no longer balancing around arena because it was too gimmicky. So the people preaching about arena balance are no more valid than people who go off duels.

pvp in mop is is amazinggg

Deleted

One of the better posts of this forum.

You're absolutely right about team partners synergy giving you the edge in PvP.