Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Healing sources:
    - Second Wind (better than IV/ER on >90% of fights)
    - VR procs on fights with adds
    - 2pT15 (really good)
    - 2pT16 (amazing, extremely good)
    - Juggernaut's trinket

Deleted
    Stone Guard:

not so hard, 5th pull

Nice, where you using any DPS gear for the kill?

Deleted
    My standard tanking gear. I only changed trinket Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal for TH heroic Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun for some extra dmg (I still don't have Thok's Tail Tip ).

What kind of trinkets should one go for, to solo as prot?

I have the normal version of TTT and a HC EoG, but are these beneficial for DPS as prot? Or should I go back to HC TF Gaze/Feather? Also got a Flex Curse of Hubris

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    What kind of trinkets should one go for, to solo as prot?

I have the normal version of TTT and a HC EoG, but are these beneficial for DPS as prot? Or should I go back to HC TF Gaze/Feather? Also got a Flex Curse of Hubris
    TTT is from this trinkets best for yours dps. Feather is good on low vengeance fights, because it can give you large amount of STR = large ammount of attack power. Feather has only one disadvantage in hit. You can reforge it, but you will still be a lot over hit cap. But this is not big deal. Third best dps trinket for prot wars is Primordius's Talisman, which is slightly worse than Feather. But I have only normal TH version of Primordius, maybe TH HC version could be a bit better then TH HC Feather which I have. Gaze is bad for prot war dps, and EoG is awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    I see so many people saying that but it's not true. The only difficult mobs are the hunters which do a debuff that ticks with 20% of your health 5 times. Either kill the hunter in a group before he does that or use a cd. All other trash is a piece of cake.

Been farming the trash up to Kalecgos for ages for blacksmithing plans, but never tried a boss in there.

Soloed the whole instance yesterday. pull all trashmobs up to brutalus. fury with bladestorm and AOE them down.

Brutalus - prot with independent victory. spam those barriers for meteor slash.
    Felmyst - Fury just nuke
    Twins - Fury nuked the melee boss first, may try to nuke the caster first next time.
    Muru. - Fury nuke and AOE adds
    Kilj'aeden - Fury- AOE adds, heroic throw and throw on shadow orb thing. nuke boss

As fury i use second wind on all bosses, and cycle shield wall rallying cry and Parry cd (forgot the name xD)

15+ Year Old Account
    Possible to solo chess event in kara? If so how?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Possible to solo chess event in kara? If so how?
    1. Enter your "king" and leave him to start the event
    2. Jump into the "pawn" infront of him and move him forward, then exit him
    3. Move into your "king" again and start cleaving and move out of fire, bonus point for getting down the healers and it should be a sure kill (as long as your HP is not much lower than the enemys "king")

Also note, there's no 100% chance of victory on this fight, no matter gear or level as the fight changes every try, but with the above method I usually bring it down 1st or 2nd try
    Last edited by Lushious; 2013-11-14 at 07:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just spent a good hour attempting to solo chess event, no dice. I don't get it. I do everything all the strats say, my king still dies. Either my healer dies and I can't heal my king or my king just dies flat out even though I'm healing him and moving him out of the fire.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Add Nef 25 nhc to the list...

http://www.twitch.tv/nightst314/c/3239835

tanking hardenrage is fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lotky View Post
    I only changed trinket Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal for TH heroic Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun for some extra dmg
    +~3% crit (riposte) vs. crappy trinket-proc (uptime + crappy bonus ap compared to your vengeance)?
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2013-11-14 at 09:13 PM.

Should I be able to solo LK in 530 gear? Infest kills me even with 2 t15.

T16 2p is faceroll. comb with juggernaut trinket you don't even have to think about preparing for infest.
    With t15 it can be heavy rng. so you might have to pool rage for those moments.
    Also use SW and TC on CD.

Depending on when you die to Infest, don't stick to the LK too long during transition and use defensive CDs "on CD" + Last Stand + Cancelaura macro for some insane burst heal.

Infest shouldn't kill you during p1 if you mange things correctly (SBar, Enraged Regeneration (or Impeding Victory), etc) but the beginning of p2 may be hard, don't hesitate to use a healing potion there, to reach 90+% before the first Infest.
    Anyway, 530ilvl is probably a bit low to beat the enrage, especially without 2pT16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I don't mean to brag but ive soloed Nalak, I know your thinking yeah right? but with a bit of luck and 39 other 90's I was able to solo him pretty easy

Post constructively, please. - Senen
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-11-15 at 02:39 AM.

Bosses that can be added to the spreadsheet:

U25hc:
    Hodir, XT (killed months ago)
    Iron Council (T16 2p ftw)

ICC25nhc:
    Putricide (months ago)
    Sindragosa (about 1 year ago)

AV25nhc:
    Toravon (farmable since T15/T16 as prot or DPS)

Yeah, most of the WotLk stuff which is still red is red because nobody cba to do it, I may do some clean up for things obviously doable.
    Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I'll add it when I come back home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    +~3% crit (riposte) vs. crappy trinket-proc (uptime + crappy bonus ap compared to your vengeance)?
    Fable gives you around 1,5% crit bonus when reforged. And proc gives you a lot attack power, which is on low vengeance fights really important. When you don't need extra hps from lifesteal it is big difference.

some maths for you: Fable proc around every 50s. average att. power bonus over 10s is 17k. uptime around 33% means it same as 5-6k attack power bonus for 100% duration of fight. On fight where is average vengeance 60-80k you have 100-120k attack power for full duration of fight. So it gives you 5-6% of attack power = 5-6% dps bonus. (all attack power numbers are unbuffed)

So when you kill boss 1 second before berserk, I think it is really important have this extra dmg. 1,5% extra crit bonus gives you lower dmg overall, especially when you have high crit chance (I have with full CDs and trinket from Garrosh around 90% crit chance). So other 1,5% is not a big deal.

Deleted
    just downed halfus 25hc.
    i killed him while he was in berserk. I used rook's unlucky talisman, juggernaut's focusing crystal and stamina flask/food.

Warmaster Blackhorn 10 heroic down. Give it a couple of hours and video will be below. Phase 1 is one of the most frustrating things ever because to kill the drakes as a melee, you obviously can't soak every twilight barrage which then sets a VERY strict enrage (boats hp running out).

Reached phase 2 once as fury before getting wrecked by Blackhorn and Goriona so that was out. Ended up going with a mixture of prot & dps gear with prot spec. Was a kill the first time I got into phase 2 as protection. Also double charge is immensely useful. I spent most of my attempts using Juggernaut and just ran out of charges at specific timings such as Drakes at the same time as a sapper and Goriona's Twilight onslaught shortly after so it was far more preferable.

Last edited by Comrade1182; 2013-11-17 at 09:11 AM.
    Comarada - Kazzak EU - Prot Warrior
    Conquest - Bronzebeard EU - Retired Blood DK