Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why on earth would I give a site that steals accounts in order to sell something they do not own my credit card number? Do people actually not understand they are giving thieves another source of income when they do so?
    You think that all the gold that's sold on these site is stolen from hacked accounts? That's cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never spend real life money for in game goods. I don't buy pets, I don't buy mounts and I won't buy gold.

That's also why I won't do well with an F2P model MMO.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Actually not bought gold. But infact sold much gold, approx 1.5mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. A few times in Vanilla, and once more in BC. After I actually took the time to learn the AH, I haven't had a money issue since. My dad actually fronted $50 worth of gold (about 1000) during Vanilla so I could get my first epic ground mount for my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Yep. A few times in Vanilla, and once more in BC. After I actually took the time to learn the AH, I haven't had a money issue since. My dad actually fronted $50 worth of gold (about 1000) during Vanilla so I could get my first epic ground mount for my birthday.
    Does anyone else think that this is fucked up on so many levels ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Nope, not at all. Considering there are many things that could be much worse, this is pretty normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope I have never bought gold and don't have any plans to do so in the future.

Once, way back when I first started playing (1.4) I had no idea what I was doing, no clue how to make money, I ended up in an anti-social guild (why they even had one then, no idea), so nobody to talk to really and no help with... well figuring out anything. It was before all the WoW websites were really set up and going, so there wasn't much help to be found elsewhere either. I had a whopping 3g plus change at level 40 and couldn't handle running everywhere any more so I bought 300g so I could get a mount and some gear (I had no idea how gear worked either, I was prioritizing armor over everything, as a rogue. I died. Frequently.)

Of course not long after this I quit my guild and ended up in an actual helpful one, learned what the hell I was doing, and after that learned most gold came from hacked accounts (yes, I honestly thought people just made a lot and sold it). Never bought again, never will again, feel stupid that I did, but there you go.

Deleted
    I bought 5.000g during TBC for my epic flying, the money I spent, was earned in a single day at work, but would have taken me at least 1-2 months to acquire ingame, so I figured why not. Never done it since though, it's a lot easier to get by these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    I bought 5.000g during TBC for my epic flying, the money I spent, was earned in a single day at work, but would have taken me at least 1-2 months to acquire ingame, so I figured why not. Never done it since though, it's a lot easier to get by these days.
    Thanks. You saved me some writing. This is exactly what I wanted to say. Making gold in TBC was hell'ish grindy. Not that I was ever good at making gold, but TBC was my worst time ever. Luckly you can give your chars epic flying with questing from 1-90 alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    What's fucked up about it? A young teen selfishly doing something with spare money? Aside from knowing I wasn't supposed to do it "Because Blizzard said so" (I wasn't as wise to the effects of gold buying, economically, back then as I am now), it's no more different than a kid buying DLC with allowance money.

me and my brother bought 5k gold each back when TBC was new, to get epic flying on our chars. Back then we saw it as an impossible feat to gather that much gold :P

I'd like to add that buying gold back in TBC/vanilla wasn't as frowned upon as it is today. It was still against the rules, but it wasn't a huge deal. Today you could get banned; back then maybe a 3 day suspension. If you were even caught. A lot of the gold earned was also through bots farming things like linen cloth, not from hacked accounts.

Technically yes. A friend of mine once or twice ran out of money and had nothing to eat, and seeing how he lived in a different state I ordered some pizza online for him and he insisted I take some gold since it was the only thing he could give me. Other than that I've always been able to make money when I feel like it and I've sold plenty but never bought.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I've bought gold several times. With a full time job and pursuing a PhD it was a better choice, time and money wise, to just get the gold onloine

I bought a couple grand long long time ago (early BC) when I was relatively new to 'making gold' and the game in general. Needed the gold just to raid effectively! Now I would never, it's incredibly easy to make 10 or 20 thousand. Which is basically all you need unless you want gold-sink items.

Yes. Back when the epic mount cost 800g. I was awful at getting gold, so I bought it.

Deleted
    Yes a lot of times during wrath. and the end of BC. i stopped at the end of ulduar as i no longer found it worth it
    Why i did it? because it was easy and i could.
    I never got scammed or hacked by them

I also never got banned or caught by Blizz. Kind of surprising how easy it is to get away with.
    Especially with the ammount of times i did it too!
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-11-12 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    No, but i sold a lot.

Never in WoW, but in this old Korean MMO called Kal Online I did multiple times. I also once traded an in-game item from that game for a sack of weed from my dealer. He was the one that got me into the game, lol.