Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    This describes around 90% of the people on the forums. Those who are happy with the game are PLAYING IT instead of TALKING ABOUT IT on a forum. ^_^
    I think this is absolutely right. A bunch of people scream and yell and say they're in the majority but they're not. The majority is being quiet because they don't care and they're busy getting their dailies done. I know I would be if I wasn't stuck at work.

P.S. For those that say all of their friends or everyone in their guild feels the same way, they don't. They just want you to shut up about it and move on. Several weeks of dailies out of a 2 year expansion isn't going to hurt anyone/anything. And if you're one of those people like the forum poster that has a crap ton of alts (like me ) then you just have to accept that you can't have EVERYTHING right NOW.

Deleted
    Some say they wish all those that QQ would go away .
    But when they do they wish they would come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    The majority is being quiet because they don't care and they're busy getting their dailies done.
    No, the majority would like to comment, but the forums tend to be so bad for that they don't want too. They see it as some zoo.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Some say they wish all those that QQ would go away .
    But when they do they wish they would come back.
    The truth of this is striking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I have two characters that have cleared MSV and one that is 4/6 in HoF(normal) and I have not done one single daily after my first round of them, because I realized they're not required and it wasn't fun.

Also, the guy who he's talking about was blaming Blizzard for taking time away from his family because he "had" to do dailies on all nine of his level 90s. If you think that is a rational way of thinking and not just him passing the blame for his own lack of self control and inability to prioritize then I don't know what to tell you.
    So you either bought gear from the AH or you got carried by other people putting effort. Do you really want expect us to think you are doing a good job?

I agree that dailies aren't needed, but I'd prefer if people slowly progressed towards gear from factions...even if they only did 1 hub a day wich only takes 10-15mins. If one of my raiders can't put in 15mins of his day progressing his character than he can buzz off as he takes 4 times the time to stand afk in any city anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    All I hear is boohoo I want more loot.... because really I can understand that you think heroics are boring, but that's really where challenges come in... if it's all about the loot then yeah it won't fix your problem. Then again why worry about a bunch of pixels that's not legally your own anyway but something you lease from Blizzard (in a way).

Besides that there are several other things:
    - Leveling a Panda
    - Leveling a monk
    - Running scenarios
    - Working on tradeskills
    - Running alts
    - Achievements
    - Soloing old stuff and/or building gear sets
    etc.

Well if nothing of that can interest you, then I'm sorry but you're to be pitied and I'd advise you to quit the game right now...

By the way progress is not just getting better gear, it's about getting better at playing your class with which, good gear helps.
    This sums up my sentiments perfectly. There is so much to do besides rep gear, and daily grinding. I actually got sucked into the Battle Pets action. I was at first very much against it (Pokemon came to mind), but now I've warmed up to it. I don't think I've become bored with WoW, as there's always some trade-skill on an alt to level, or some transmog gear to go after.

Bottom line is WoW is not dying. Let the L33T douchebags QQ on the Blizzard forums. As many folks have mentioned, you can't please everyone all the time. Not gonna happen.

The OP has a valid point on dailies. Blizz should have made a rep system where it alternated between dungeons and regular quests. Put some flavor into the rep grind. Blizz has over 10 million subs, it's about time they use some creativity, it's not like they can't afford it.

I recently unsubbed myself, it's odd, because I'd rate this as a fanstastic expansion - I'm just amazing burnt out and I put a fairly large blame of that on rep grinding dailies.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I hate dailies, so I don't do them other than the Tillers I love that shit. I don't do pet battles, basically I play the game for friends and because of the amount of time i have invested in it. It has always been about the gear for me so I raid, there is nothing greater in this game to me then when you get full BIS for a raid tier and run around crushing things. The best way to fix dailies would be to have all rep gains be at the same pace as the Tillers, I maxed from Neutral to Exhaulted in 2 weeks time. I have yet to get Golden Lotus to Revered, and just got Kalaxi to Revered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir1122 View Post
    Alright, so I just read a thread over on the WoW official forums. Some guy was yet again complaining about how blizzard has forced him at gunpoint to do dailies, and how majority of players feel the same way and will soon quit. I'm just completely dumbfounded by the lack of common sense here.
    Here's what was idiotic about his post. He didn't have time to do dailies and progress his characters... he hates repetitive things... but he has NINE level 90 toons.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be exalted with August Celestials in a few days, and then I'll be done everything except for 1) Black Prince (which presumably is going to be done in stages this expac) and 2) Nat Pagle.

Was it a little grindy? Sure. Did it still pale in comparison to the grinds in TBC/Vanilla? Yes.

Personally, I play MMOs for longer term achievements. If I want instant gratification I play FPS or fighting games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    Other than that I agree with the guy to an extent. If blizzard wants to add several horribly boring rep grinds to get gear, whatever I can live with it on my main, even though it sucks. BUT when it comes to my alts, no way in hell am I doing it again. So now that I am working on an alt and hit that brick wall of not being able to gear him, because I'm not doing dailies on him, I'm going to get bored quickly and stop playing.
    What brick wall? You will gear out of heroic dungeons on your alt, when t15 content is released and the new set of heroics drops at 483ilvl or whatever, you will have the same non-raiding ilvl gear thats slightly better than previous LFR, and repeat with t16 patch, and heroic dungeons. Besides, when you get exalted on your main and have no dailies to do with them, why wouldn't you just pick up the slack on an alt to gear it?

If you didn't raid, even in dragonsoul, the highest ilvl you could get was like 382-383 from 378s + handful of 397 crafted items. You did LFR and pugged reg DS if u wanted to get your gear beyond that. And in BC, the model everyone claims they love, you couldn't raid on your alt readily unless you had a guild willing to drag you through attunement and all the pre-reqs; dailies you can do on your own.

I don't see why anyone is complaining at all. You think you have to do everything all at once and set arbitrary time constraints because of your desire to be geared as fast as you were in DS on all your toons. Bloody hell, slow it down, you could poorly attempt to rationalise your need for gear on a main if you're raiding, you can't possibly rationalise a need for all epix in every slot on an alt within a week of dinging 90...

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with people is, if one person starts pointing out the bad, other people will find reasons to connect to it and follow their believes. I myself got myself into this, I really do enjoy the game however.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys, we are losing subscribers, what should we do?

The thing is though that when we subscribe to this game, we don't know exactly what we are ordering. What we get changes with patches, progression, what aspect we focus on, and where our characters are at in the game. To continue with the fast food analogy, it is like going into a restaurant and only being able to order "a meal from the menu".

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out, is a pretty common response to people who don't like the menu, but the real problem is that the menu keeps changing. When people calmly express their complaints and do leave, they are met for the most part with silence. There isn't a "Thank you for your feedback," "A we appreciate your comments, but this is the direction that we have to go in for the health of our company," or a, "Many people have expressed the same concerns, we are working on something for you all," there is silence. Comments from way out in left field get how many blue posts in the RIP thread now?

The tone of the blue responder to that thread is very disrespectful. He may have said some things that we all were thinking, but long story short, as an employee of a business you don't comment on your customers private life (and marriage) even if they bring it up. Those blue posts were more along the lines of boys heckling each other in trade, not a comment as a representative of a company to a customer.

I don't mind being responded to with humor, but it needs to be humor in its own right, not at the expense of someone else. Long story short, the wrong sort of feedback from a company really is worse than no feedback. When I see blue and green posters replying that the problem is with the customer, it implies that our comments never make it past a forum moderator to the people we actually want to see them. It implies that the company itself doesn't care and indeed is saying that the door is -> that way. I've unsubscribed once, and came back for MOP. I'm here for now, but am still undecided. There really isn't a point for me to post feedback, I don't need anyone to show me were the door is, I've already found it.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    All I hear is boohoo I want more loot.... because really I can understand that you think heroics are boring, but that's really where challenges come in... if it's all about the loot then yeah it won't fix your problem. Then again why worry about a bunch of pixels that's not legally your own anyway but something you lease from Blizzard (in a way).

Besides that there are several other things:
    - Leveling a Panda
    - Leveling a monk
    - Running scenarios
    - Working on tradeskills
    - Running alts
    - Achievements
    - Soloing old stuff and/or building gear sets
    etc.

Well if nothing of that can interest you, then I'm sorry but you're to be pitied and I'd advise you to quit the game right now...

By the way progress is not just getting better gear, it's about getting better at playing your class with which, good gear helps.
    Basically you can grp most of these ideas. You can level an Alt that's a Panda Monk. If you went through the content at a normal pace you could have easily hit most of the achievements, which weren't that hard, and others just revolved around a daily grind. Most of your trade skills would have been easily leveled before you even hit level 87. cloth drops were common and gathering profession items were abundant and crafting in most cases netted you +3 increase. Fishing doesn't take any time with the Angler dailies and cooking ingredient requirements, so all your really left with is cooking you can easily work around. As for old content, you could grp that with Achievos since that was what most were doin during the 6mnth of downtime between content.

Quote Originally Posted by FraQture View Post
    /facepalm.....
    he's right, they said they're over 10,000,000 subs because in the quarterly conference calls, they announce subs. shit isn't rocket science. they were around 9,000,000 pre-mop

it's fucking idiotic to think they have over 11,000,000 but announced over 10,000,000

and if they ban all the bots they'd probably be around 8,000,000

Deleted
    There were a lot of players posting on that thread who agreed with the OP
    If I Was Blizz that would worry me.

10+ Year Old Account
    In before why did he level a bunch of toons to 90....o wait.

Back on topic.... WOW is dying its pretty obvious. Once the AP runs out and blizzard runs out of tricks you will see ridiculous sub losses. This xpac is burning people out at an enormous rate.

Sure "it has something to do", just THE FACT that something is completely boring for the VAST MAJORITY of people playing MOP. Atleast 90% if not 96% of people are bored already.

Ironically one of the main activities that people did is level and gear alts.... which this xpac essentially eliminates because of dailies. So the FACT is there is less to do for the VAST MAJORITY of people.
    Last edited by Aurust; 2012-11-13 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir1122 View Post
    WoW is not dying. The only possible way WoW could die is if right now, at this point in time, well over 3/4 of the playerbase unsubbed. Even if they went down to 5 million, it still would not be dead. World of Warcraft is not the be all and end all of MMO's, however they have absolutely paved the way for the good majority of MMO's today in some way. Even now they're constantly adding new features to this damn game.

I'd say give it another 4 or 5 years before it actually has a significant decline. My thoughts are many people who are playing WoW now will switch to "Titan" (codename for blizzards new mmo) whenever that is released. But wow will always be around in one form or another, considering its history I would say the game's servers will still be up for another 10 years