Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    did you guys even SEE the size of that dog? couldve killed both of those police officers

Guess it's okay to shoot people who look dangerous since that's how it goes for dogs, ah hypocrites belong in the deepest corner of tartarus.

OT: Use your freaking stun guns cops, humans can bite MUCH harder then dogs yet you don't shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    did you guys even SEE the size of that dog? couldve killed both of those police officers
    Hope you're joking. If they can't handle dogs, no matter how large, they won't stand a chance versus a strong human.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2012-11-15 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Guess it's okay to shoot people who look dangerous since that's how it goes for dogs, ah hypocrites belong in the deepest corner of tartarus.

OT: Use your freaking stun guns cops, humans can bite MUCH harder then dogs yet you don't shoot them.
    Please try and formulate a better argument. There are many of them you can put together to show why what the police did was wrong. But saying "It's okay to shoot a person who looks dangerous because police can shoot a dog who looks dangerous." Because no, that's not okay, obviously not okay, and is not a logical conclusion to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Please try and formulate a better argument. There are many of them you can put together to show why what the police did was wrong. But saying "It's okay to shoot a person who looks dangerous because police can shoot a dog who looks dangerous." Because no, that's not okay, obviously not okay, and is not a logical conclusion to draw.
    It's not okay to shoot anything just because you don't like the way it looks.

Hope you're joking. If they can't handle dogs, no matter how large, they won't stand a chance versus a strong human.
    Lol I was joking, its pretty sad when a police officer 3 or 4 times the size of a dog cant even handle one

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    Lol I was joking, its pretty sad when a police officer 3 or 4 times the size of a dog cant even handle one
    It's irrelevant. I don't have a problem with a cop shooting a dog that is attacking him. I do have a problem with a cop CAUSING the situation by TACKLING the owner of a leased dog, CAUSING the dog to become agitated, and using that as an excuse to execute the dog.

I don't even need to talk about other situations. Talk about this one. This one is bullshit and 100% caused by the police officer's actions. (Again, the man refusing to stop did NOT cause the police to tackle him, that was the cop's (wrong) decision to do that and put themselves in the position.)

It's irrelevant. I don't have a problem with a cop shooting a dog that is attacking him. I do have a problem with a cop CAUSING the situation by TACKLING the owner of a leased dog, CAUSING the dog to become agitated, and using that as an excuse to execute the dog.

I don't even need to talk about other situations. Talk about this one. This one is bullshit and 100% caused by the police officer's actions. (Again, the man refusing to stop did NOT cause the police to tackle him, that was the cop's (wrong) decision to do that and put themselves in the position.)
    Theres that and theres also the the guy the didnt stop walking when the officers said so, There was errors made on both sides, But had one side made the right judgement call the dog would not have been killed

10+ Year Old Account
    Cops always err on the side of excessive use of force, because they can get away with it by going "But I was afraid it was going to attack" about anything. Go shoot your neighbor's dog in the head when it barks/growls at you, see if you get away with it.
    You won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    What could be said other than this guy is a complete waste of life. Granted some people have mental problems that effect how they think and handle things, but to shoot a dog because it growled at you? They make anyone a cop it seems, seeing how so many of them are complete assholes who think they are God because they have a gun and badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    What could be said other than this guy is a complete waste of life. Granted some people have mental problems that effect how they think and handle things, but to shoot a dog because it growled at you? They make anyone a cop it seems, seeing how so many of them are complete assholes who think they are God because they have a gun and badge.
    Hey, it doesn't take much to become a cop remember. Pass a fitness exam, health exam and background check and you are good to go. Only need a GED as well I am pretty sure.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Hey, it doesn't take much to become a cop remember. Pass a fitness exam, health exam and background check and you are good to go. Only need a GED as well I am pretty sure.
    It isn't THAT simple to become a cop. A lot of major forces also have academies and a huge waiting list. One of my friends got on the force the same time that one of his friends was trying out. Four years later, his friend still can't get on the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    It isn't THAT simple to become a cop. A lot of major forces also have academies and a huge waiting list. One of my friends got on the force the same time that one of his friends was trying out. Four years later, his friend still can't get on the force.
    Waiting lists =/= hard though. Being on a waiting list doesn't mean anything. And major forces like the FBI, CIA, Homeland etc have academies and require high standards, but the ones that everyone deal with on a daily basis(state,county and whatever other kinds of basic cops the USA have) are not even close to the same boat.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Waiting lists =/= hard though. Being on a waiting list doesn't mean anything. And major forces like the FBI, CIA, Homeland etc have academies and require high standards, but the ones that everyone deal with on a daily basis(state,county and whatever other kinds of basic cops the USA have) are not even close to the same boat.
    Maybe I said that wrong. I'm not trying to equate a waiting list with difficulty. It really isn't as easy as you make it out to be. A good deal of these guys get rejected because they can't meet the standards that are set even on local and county levels.

"INTERNAL INVESTIGATION"

thats copspeak for "we're sweeping this under the rug. screw off before we start harassing you for whatever we feel like"
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

I'm quite happy with my argument thank you very much. The average person is much more dangerous than the average dog yet for the latter the cops are very quick to shoot without even considering WHERE they shoot. Even if they DID shoot a human they would at least try to not aim for the head/heart.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Think about the topic bit fictionally...Dog injured cop for rest of his life.
    Now think about the OP's post again. When you are on the reality you must make fast decisions. This decision was well enough considered and no human was hurt.
    It's easy to blame who ever when YOU weren't there.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite happy with my argument thank you very much. The average person is much more dangerous than the average dog yet for the latter the cops are very quick to shoot without even considering WHERE they shoot. Even if they DID shoot a human they would at least try to not aim for the head/heart.
    Are you failing to see the pretty big difference between humans (who are, you know, people), and dogs (which are animals). There is a different standard here. Again, not defending the cop's actions what so ever, but the argument "Humans are more dangerous than dogs, but you don't see cops going around just shooting people!!!!" is stupid.

As for the "don't aim at the head/heart; you are one of those "Shoot him in the leg" or "Warning shot" guys. They don't do that; you never do that. If you are pulling the trigger, you are doing it to kill the thing you are shooting. Always.

Are you failing to see the pretty big difference between humans (who are, you know, people), and dogs (which are animals). There is a different standard here. Again, not defending the cop's actions what so ever, but the argument "Humans are more dangerous than dogs, but you don't see cops going around just shooting people!!!!" is stupid.

As for the "don't aim at the head/heart; you are one of those "Shoot him in the leg" or "Warning shot" guys. They don't do that; you never do that. If you are pulling the trigger, you are doing it to kill the thing you are shooting. Always.
    This is going to sound like country flaming but, that's only you guys in America and dictatorships. At least here in Sweden you'll probably lose your job if you kill anything without a very good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people here take things for granted way too much. So quick to bash the police for being incompetent, but where's that attitude when you figure out that their presence is the only thing deterring criminals from doing what they want?

At least here in the US we can deal with things on our own terms if the police don't do the job.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, in all those pages, one thing continues to amaze me:

People saying that "oh, the dog wouldn't *kill* him". I mean, what the hell? Are dog attacks binary? You're either completely fine or dead? Being bitten is completely fine as long as long as you make it out alive? I thought it's 'slightly' different from having your own doggie making out with your leg, but appearently I was wrong. Who needs all 10 fingers, after all?