Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've just gotten my main to 90. And I have no intent of levelling another for a while. Which is a shame, as my old main, my priest, is still at 85. I'd like to play a warlock and a rogue at max level too. It's just gotten to that point where I don't like to level any more, and MoP levelling feels tedious to me.

I got rather irritated that as a tank, I only had four dungeons to level with, and past 86, two of those went green.

I've started playing again after quitting during Cata. So far, i've only levelled to 90 on my Mage and Druid.Only doing the rep/daily grind on my mage, cba on any other character. I'll probably level all my alts to 90 and max their tradeskills.What will be interesting for me will be if I quit WoW before I get my chars to 90 or if my farm pisses me off before then. Everyday, I pick yesterdays crops and fight off 10-12/16 mobs just picking the crops and ploughing it for new crops. After I plant the new crops, I always seem to be fighting another 10-15 mobs just for planting the new crops. I've vowed to quit WoW forever if I ever have to fight 16 mobs for picking crops and fight 16 mobs for planting a new batch!!! Was soooo close the other day, 12 for picking the old crop and 15 for planting the new crop. ;-) Most retarded thing in the game, can't believe it got past quality control, its a *ooking joke.....
    Last edited by Axxy; 2012-11-14 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Want to buy carriage returns after paragraphs

This expansion isn't alt friendly, but it's not really the dailies that are the cause of it. They are a factor... sort of. I've always been an alt person. I love trying out different roles, different classes, different ways of doing things. Since the introduction of "badges" in BC, guys like me have had a way to gear up alts to the current tier without having to run everything in the intermediary. Snag some crafted gear, run a couple heroics, grab badge gear, and you are all set. Now if you do run those heroics, your valor points are useless unless you also grind that rep. Or you can incrementally upgrade gear with the new system, though I can't imagine being able to go from 463 to whatever patch 5.2 or 5.3 will be. Or you can do all the work required to get a cloud serpent mount from an achievement, but you won't be able to use it unless you grind yet another rep to exalted. I had one of each class at 85 (plus two more on different servers). In six months, if there is no path to gearing a new alt up without the endless grind all over again, that's a big problem. I'm not going to go all melodramatic and say I'll quit over it, but that does affect my interest in continuing to play quite a bit.

I've got 4 to 90 2 more at 89 and my Monk is almost 86. I'm not doing any dailies on anyone but my main until 5.1 though. The only reason that I even have so many that high right now is I didn't want to miss out on the Horseman's rings.

Deleted
    I leveled (and semi-geared) 7 alts at Cata. Now in MOP, i've managed to level only one alt to 89, but been vp capping my main through dailies and few 5-mans. True, it felt kinda chore at worst (when i was doing 5 daily hubs at every day) but i'm still going to do same thing on my hunter. Other alts will get only tillers exalted (for full farm) and then "gear" through few 5-mans, plus my JC alt will get Cloud Serpent rep for that onyx panther (kinda only thing atm i WANT from any faction).

I have enough time. It's still 1,5-2 years (i think) to the next expansion...

If i would do raiding/LFR/pvp, i would stopped playing long ago though.

Same, before you could just do dungeons to cap weekly vps (which i like, playing with people rather vs npc with dailies) and then u could buy VP gear. It was decently easy to gear up alts to get them raid ready for at least alt runs. Now, I can still do that (dungs to get vps) but I'm required to do dailies to be able to buy VP, no fkng way I'm going to do that again on my alts.

i have 3 90's, pally lock DK, i dont do dailies so I need to burn some time by leveling alts

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Trassk, can I ask you why you feel the need to do dailies every day? I posted my thoughts about the feeling of mandatory in another thread. I just don't understand. Please understand I am not trying to be a dick or anything like that. I am just really curious as to what is driving you
    What drives me to play alts: getting better gear for them. Let me explain, I start doing dungeons and getting loot to be able to replace that shitty 410 with a shiny new 463 weap, wooot, soo happy... A few weeks later, I'm decked out on 463's and also capped on VPs (due to playing lots of dungs for gear, which i like doing it). Before (cata): yay, I can buy one shinny new 489 item wiht my saved up VPs.... Now (mop): oh wait, do I have to do dailies to be able to spend vps? oh damn, never mind, ark alt till 5.1:

10+ Year Old Account
    The first few months of an expansion are not the best time to level alts. After you'd grinded all your raids/reps/etc and you gear is BiS for the patch, then you'll start levelling alts while waiting for the next raid patch.
    Agreed. It's too soon.

Once they bring out a new content tier, they will make the current one easier to obtain. My alts always were one Tier behind. Doesn't really matter b/c I don't have the time to raid on multiple chars anyway.

Me neither. I shelved my mage and my rogue for MoP.

Mage because of the level 90 talents. The moment I first heard about those I knew that I really did not want to ever DPS on my mage in MoP.

Rogue I do not feel like playing simply because after a legendary you always feel weak for at least a couple of tiers.

I still leveled and keep up to date with my lock, hunter, druid and priest.

Deleted
    I just do dailies on a main and level my alts when I'm burned out on my main (which didn't really happen yet).
    I do plan to reach 90 on my pandaren monk asap.

What do dailies have to do with leveling alts? Do dailies on your main, maybe one alt. After that just leveling alts to 90 isn't bad. What on earth would possess you to do dailies on all of your alts? It's completely unnecessary. Just level them, level their professions and pretend that dailies don't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage because of the level 90 talents. The moment I first heard about those I knew that I really did not want to ever DPS on my mage in MoP.
    Yeah the "omg keep that buff up or you're screwed" sucks. Esp if randoms just . well do what randoms du and pull before you're ready. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The endless VP grind means you will never be able to gear up alts properly at level cap. So, there's not much reason to level them to 90, even ignoring the rep grinds.

The alt-hostility of this expansion is one of the primary reasons I've cancelled.
    ^ This.

With how terrible the leveling experience has been in MoP [for me personally] the thought of having to do that again on another toon isn't appealing.

Tie in the fact that the only things I can do as a non-raider in the game grind dailies and heroics for gear to get into the terribly boring LFR raids I just don't really see what this game has to offer anymore.

No desire here. The daily grind required to do anything with profs or get some vp gear deflates any desire I have to play alts. Like my warlock/tailor, for example, needs to hit exalted with august celestials, a gated daily grind, just to make good bags. LOL, not gonna happen.

Secondly I find my valor gets capped on monday at midnight, so I don't see having any playtime in a week to enjoy the valor bonus on alts.

All my alts will likely continue collecting dust, and I'm actually more than OK with that.

No-one is forcing you to max 9 toons, its your decision whether you want to do so, and no-one is forcing you to do dailies. As for myself, I'll probably level at max 1 or 2 more toons and that's it, and I wont be doing dailies besides the "necessary" ones, ie OotCS and tillers. Other than that I'll just gear via lfr, since I wont be raiding much on either of the alts.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-11-14 at 06:44 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no.

I don't recall the actual hours in Cataclysm vs the hours in Mists, but it certainly seems to take longer to cap this expansion. Which is fine, maybe even better since it draws out the experience, but it hasn't made me in a real rush to cap all my alts.

I did my two main raiders and I've fucked around on a couple other guys a little but haven't had any real desire to level them... yet. I expect I will, it's just more of an investment this time around to chain level a bunch of them.

Not to mention there is still stuff I'm working on on my mains. That's also different than Cataclysm where I ran out of stuff to do and sorta had to level alts.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I have had no issues with randomly doing dailies and randomly playing alts. Not doing every daily every single day has not prevented me from doing anything else in the game. I don't think I've touched my farm in a couple days and my gaming experience has not been diminished in any way because of it. Just like it hasn't diminished in any way because I haven't done the other dailies every day. I can still LFR on my warrior!

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be leveling my alts like I did in Cata currently. Maybe later in the expansion. I leveled my mage first and did the whole grind rep crap and decided I wanted to be a monk so I leveled and made him my main. Currently its way to much work for more then 1 char. In Cata one of my goals for MoP would be to stick to at most 3 characters. Currently my Monk, mage & either my pally or my warrior.