Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Without causing too much of a debate about it, surely WW2 was an example of how you don't need citizens who would agree with you on an equal footing, you just need to get them to do what you want done.
    Actually Hitler was widely supported by the German population ... which is not suprising as they suffered a lot under the ( rather unfair amount of )punishments they were given as a result of WWI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    It was a loose generalization to help get my point across. No offense intended.
    None taken. I live in Texas, after all. Just wanted to point out the country isn't homogenous.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have never really understood why Non-Americans are so interested in the affairs of our country (USA). Why take so much interest in the United States, and how our political affairs work? I have not a single interest in any other country and how they run it, and quite frankly could care less about who becomes prime minister / president of xyz random European country.

I see so much disdain of American lifestyles and politics coming from Non-Americans, and its amazing why they are so enthralled with our country. Are there not better things to do than to follow American Politics and lifestyle? Is there not enough political drama in your own country so you have to go and look for it elsewhere? Are other countries so boring that America is the only place to turn to for entertainment?

Just curious is all.
    Because no other country in the world is as invested in the affairs of other nations than the United States. You have one major world power with so much political, cultural, economic and military influence, people are going to sit up and take note of what you are doing. The trickle-down is obvious.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Because we're the sole superpower and leader of the world.
    Objectively false. I suppose you've never heard of China, India, Russia, Britain, France, or Brazil before. Also, if the US was the sole leader of the world, you guys would be in Iran right now.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2012-11-15 at 07:49 PM.

I have never really understood why Non-Americans are so interested in the affairs of our country (USA). Why take so much interest in the United States, and how our political affairs work?
    For the same reasons why Americans are interested in China, the middle east, and other countries?

Groupies and haterz. People always have opinions about the champ, good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Groupies and haterz. People always have opinions about the champ, good or bad.
    They also have opinions on the guy standing at the corner claiming to be Napoleon. Whats the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a lot of emotional connection to other countries. Maybe United Kingdom cause my Cousin lives there and I'm fond of London and all that. Most other countries no...that and any *attention* give to other countries it's mostly on Middle East. Not intended because....I don't watch the news anymore because it gets depressing. I don't need more of that.

If the news wasn't so depressing and finding a decent news station.... I'd be more informed on...foreign affairs. Alas I am not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    It sounds to me like you couldn't care less, to be honest.
    http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ico1.htm

Infracted for grammar Nazism.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-15 at 11:33 PM.

Cause sadly the USA rubs off europe, and so does europe on USA.

You're the biggest economy inn the world, by far.

Also, I'm only bashing on things there are obviously flawed so badly, its a joke by now. I will never understand how people inn the USA can not all want public healthcare, much stritcter gun laws, less religoues-nuts to lead the country, who decides how women shall treet there body, and what the right way to love another person is.

All thoes things, and few others are what keeps me interested mainly. I have yet to hear one good reason, that would let me think otherwise.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I have never really understood why Non-Americans are so interested in the affairs of our country (USA). Why take so much interest in the United States, and how our political affairs work? I have not a single interest in any other country and how they run it, and quite frankly could care less about who becomes prime minister / president of xyz random European country.

I see so much disdain of American lifestyles and politics coming from Non-Americans, and its amazing why they are so enthralled with our country. Are there not better things to do than to follow American Politics and lifestyle? Is there not enough political drama in your own country so you have to go and look for it elsewhere? Are other countries so boring that America is the only place to turn to for entertainment?

Just curious is all.
    It's just in the news a lot during your big election.

Other than that I'm only vaguely interested in your country, mainly because it's so similar, yet so different from Western Europe - not sure why interest in your country upsets you so much, though, I always enjoy foreign interest in my country's (Germany's) current state and history (the good and the bad).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Good and bad things the USA does, affects the rest of the world and its close allies way more than it should.

However Ive always seen the USA as a cultural experiment, where all people from around the world gathered and mixed into this sort of utopian country, naturally that fell flat on its arse, but no one wants to see you guys fail, we all want to see the USA do amazing things like fly to the moon, but the government over there is making things worse and worse.

1 thing I will say is that alot of americans I meet are what ide call, unintentionally arrogant, or they dont care about anything but america, other than that no one really has anything against you.

I will say one thing, you should probably care about other countries, believe it or not theres a world outside your bubble.

(holy crap a jaylock thread that wasnt trollbait, +1 for once)
    There are a lot of us that do care what goes on in the world. In my office today, for example, I had a couple people bring up the rockets falling on Tel Aviv.

Deleted
    hi,because america interferes in many things happening around the globe and affects our lives?

it's the most powerfull and influential nation since '89 and will probably remain so for the next 50 years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    There are a lot of us that do care what goes on in the world. In my office today, for example, I had a couple people bring up the rockets falling on Tel Aviv.
    Out of curiosity, did they even bring up the civilian deaths on the palestinian side. After all the usual israeli ratio of 1-3 injured/dead people result in 15 dead palestinians most of which are civilians and often children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Out of curiosity, did they even bring up the civilian deaths on the palestinian side. After all the usual israeli ratio of 1-3 injured/dead people result in 15 dead palestinians most of which are civilians and often children.
    Not in my office, but my cousin (from Gaza) did bring up the following message last night:

"It’s Gaza The past few days, a mother delivered her baby boy (Matar) on the same day her son (Matar, 17 years) was killed. It’s Gaza where people never die, where life goes on despite of every tragedy the city goes through, and where everything seems to grant people more strength."

Edit: I just realized the kid's name is Spanish for "to kill."
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-11-15 at 09:52 PM.

Comic relief mostly. America is like the Lindsay Lohan of countries. Opinion wise, politically and general scandal wise it is amazingly entertaining.
    Sometimes because you do something worth noticing. It's not really very complicated, most informed persons take a interest in whatever situation is important to the world as a whole. Right now the middle east and Israel is in focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Out of curiosity, did they even bring up the civilian deaths on the palestinian side.
    Yeah, considering how advanced the US is, their mainstream media seems exceptionally terrible. I mean governments all over the world use the media as a manipulative tool, but to me (this is just from personal experience) it seems especially bad in the US.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Because America is #1

because all other countries are America's bitch?

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-15 at 10:59 PM.

Just curious is all.
    cuz we love USA

and Miami Vice rule.