Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    which 5 dailies take 15 minutes? Especially for a casual player whos gear is probably less than optimal and for mobs that take massive fights to down. No dailies take 15 minutes. Especially alone.
    I can do a set of faction dailies, while I sit in queue, run the dungeon and be done everything in roughly 45mins.

Just stop doing dailies or raise an alt without doing any dailies and see how easy it is to gear without them. Sorry your points get wasted, there is an option for that but you don't want to do it, so don't. The gear upgrades not being good enough either is your problem, but you are no longer wasting points. Sorry gearing has changed this expansion.

Well I seem to recall a certain ghost crawler saying that if "optional content is to rewarding it ceases to become optional" but let's table that for a minute.
    its clear you dont know wtf your talking about. the upgrading system is not the same thing as the valor gear from dailies
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So what? An upgrade is an upgrade. Or are you changing your complaint to not being able to get the best gear in the game without being subject to boss drops? It is still unclear what you want from the game. You dont seem to want to play it, but you want to collect gear?
    No it's not. An upgrade is clearly not an upgrade otherwise the cata system of getting rewards out of content would have stayed the same. I'm not the one contradicting you here. Blizzard is.

No it's not. An upgrade is clearly not an upgrade otherwise the cata system of getting rewards out of content would have stayed the same. I'm not the one contradicting you here. Blizzard is.
    again wtf are you talking about?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its clear you dont know wtf your talking about. the upgrading system is not the same thing as the valor gear from dailies
    No it isn't. When did I say it was? I said they are both designed to be less rewarding than raid drops. Yes. That's by design.

10+ Year Old Account
    So an item with better stats and higher item level is not an upgrade?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I can do a set of faction dailies, while I sit in queue, run the dungeon and be done everything in roughly 45mins.

Just stop doing dailies or raise an alt without doing any dailies and see how easy it is to gear without them. Sorry your points get wasted, there is an option for that but you don't want to do it, so don't. The gear upgrades not being good enough either is your problem, but you are no longer wasting points. Sorry gearing has changed this expansion.
    Well at least you recognize it has changed. I could level alts but they'd go nowhere and I'd be spinning my wheels once again unless I did dailies. No point. It takes to long and it's not enjoyable enough. It's simple another "requirement"

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:44 PM ----------

So an item with better stats and higher item level is not an upgrade?
    It is not a rewarding upgrade. It is by design not meant to be.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/395...7_03_2012#blog

Over time, we have felt like Valor has taken on too prominent a role, to the point that it risks becoming more important than actual boss loot.
    In other words take a back seat valor we want raid bosses to be where you get the reward from.

No it isn't. When did I say it was? I said they are both designed to be less rewarding than raid drops. Yes. That's by design.
    except one of those things is a raid drop.... so again wtf are you talking about?

except one of those things is a raid drop.... so again wtf are you talking about?
    What's a raid drop? You have to be more clear and stop answering in half sentences or please stop posting altogether.

10+ Year Old Account

So explain what it is you want. You dont want upgrades, cause some long rant like blog says they're not "upgrades" despite being better in every way. You dont want raids drops, you dont want reputation gear, you dont want point upgrades, so what do you want?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Well at least you recognize it has changed. I could level alts but they'd go nowhere and I'd be spinning my wheels once again unless I did dailies. No point. It takes to long and it's not enjoyable enough. It's simple another "requirement"

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:44 PM ----------

In other words take a back seat valor we want raid bosses to be where you get the reward from.
    do you even know what the upgrade system does?

do you even know what the upgrade system does?
    Yes. You trade in valor points to upgrade the ilvl (and the stats) of whatever gear you want to uggprade.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:48 PM ----------

So explain what it is you want. You dont want upgrades, cause some long rant like blog says they're not "upgrades" despite being better in every way. You dont want raids drops, you dont want reputation gear, you dont want point upgrades, so what do you want?
    Oh I want to spend valor on gear. Actual GEAR. But not if dailies are in the way. Or better yet. Not if I have to farm revered or honored to do it. Especially if that is tied behind dailies. I mean the valor cap is already so fucking minuscule anyway and the point gain is so fucking tiny. You could remove the rep requirement from the gear and it wouldn't make a difference. Or at least not that much of one. Basically I want what i've had since at least IOQD. A valor gear vendor that wasn't tied behind rep or behind daily quests.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-11-16 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to do dailies and want to gear, run dungeons. I was in LFR without spending a single valour point. In fact I just spent my first VP and I'm at an ilvl 468. You don't even need to do that for you alts.

This isn't the end of Cata where you could be geared up in 2 days. You also don't need VP to get into LFR/Raids. That's what you aren't getting. Once in normal modes you get better gear anyways. Having shitty drops, sorry about that but you should have at least a 463 to sit there for now, which can be upgraded in 5.1 (that way vp isn't wasted).

So again not sure why you have to run dailies?

How do you not get that boss loot is still important even with the valor upgrade system. You still want that highest level boss loot so you can upgrade it even further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I want to spend valor on gear. Actual GEAR. But not if dailies are in the way. Or better yet. Not if I have to farm revered or honored to do it. Especially if that is tied behind dailies. I mean the valor cap is already so fucking minuscule anyway and the point gain is so fucking tiny. You could remove the rep requirement from the gear and it wouldn't make a difference. Or at least not that much of one.
    And how do you get this valor you want to spend if you refuse to do any content? And what in your mind is the difference between saying "I need a new set of bracers" and upgrading the ones you have VS buying new ones?

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Dailies are counterproductive and forcing us to do things that aren't fun at all. It should be an option, not a mandatory feature.
    No they really aren't. No

What's a raid drop? You have to be more clear and stop answering in half sentences or please stop posting altogether.
    okay im going to describe this as easily as i can since it seems you have no idea how this works.

you get a piece of raiding gear you then take that piece of gear and lets assume here for a second that this piece of gear is a gear called heroic raid gear you then take this gear and for 750 valor and with no reputation requirements upgrade that piece by 4 item levels you can then do this once more when you have more valor.

now when a heroic piece of raiding gear is fully upgraded its near equivalent to normal gear from the next tier however that gear will still be bettewr then the heroic gear from last tier because that gear can then be upgraded by 8 item levels just like that one thus making it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    How do you not get that boss loot is still important even with the valor upgrade system. You still want that highest level boss loot so you can upgrade it even further.
    That's the point. That's why the valor system upgrade system cannot be as good or as rewarding as any valor system they could implement because they've accepted this nonsense notion that boss drops just have to be more epic when in reality all it is is just more frustration.

Based on the various comments he made, he wants the Cata system back. Where the boss drops only really mattered if you were after BiS gear, because you could be in equivalent gear just from the valor vendor. The one where you could be fully raid geared within hours of hitting cap and in BiS gear within a couple weeks. Then you un-sub and wait for the next content patch, or sit in SW/Org and bitch that there is nothing to do.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

And how do you get this valor you want to spend if you refuse to do any content? And what in your mind is the difference between saying "I need a new set of bracers" and upgrading the ones you have VS buying new ones?
    Did I say I refused to do content? I did lfr and dungeons and was happy doing them at the end of cata. I do not think I should have to do dailies to do them or have rep status with a faction to do them. As has never been in the game.