Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are problems with CRZ, but I don't see the PvP side (I'm on a PvE realm, I started on a PvP realm, spent a lot of time there too). However I feel the problems with CRZ are more widespread than just the ganking.

It's buggy, for a start. But other than that, its the amount of competition for older content such as ore, herbs, quest mobs, rares. Nothing is more frustrating levelling through outland than coming across a quest mob that has about 10 minutes respawn time and having about 6 different realmed people all waiting for it to spawn (even other factions). It takes a lot longer to quest through outlands for example, than it does in the mists zones.

As for rare spawn camping, good luck! Theres more competition for rarespawns such as Time Lost Proto Drake, than there was in wrath.

Trying to level herbilism or mining? Good luck finding ores! Zones are packed full of people doing the same thing. In cata, getting mining from 0 to cap was easy enough, took a few hours if you slacked. Now you'll be lucky if it takes you 2-3 days.

I've made it a point to ask as many people as possible about CRZ and get them to give their opinion on it. 100% (so far) of the people I've talked to about it, hate it.

Funny thing is, there are simple solutions to get around what most are considering a mistake.

It could be removed - The first and foremost "solution" is the simplest.

It could be "turned off" - Giving people the option to "opt out" so to speak.

It could have manual selection for individual realms - Don't like the current "realm" you're phased to? Switch it to one that suits your needs, no more waiting 10-15 minutes for that quest mob that's just been killed to respawn!

Blizzard said it was to make it a more sociable experience for people levelling. If that was the case, could they not just turn it off for those at cap?

I don't know the in's and out's of how they've implemented it, but so far what seems to be the majority opinion is it either needs to be vastly improved, or removed asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    There are problems with CRZ, but I don't see the PvP side (I'm on a PvE realm, I started on a PvP realm, spent a lot of time there too). However I feel the problems with CRZ are more widespread than just the ganking.

It's buggy, for a start. But other than that, its the amount of competition for older content such as ore, herbs, quest mobs, rares. Nothing is more frustrating levelling through outland than coming across a quest mob that has about 10 minutes respawn time and having about 6 different realmed people all waiting for it to spawn (even other factions). It takes a lot longer to quest through outlands for example, than it does in the mists zones.

As for rare spawn camping, good luck! Theres more competition for rarespawns such as Time Lost Proto Drake, than there was in wrath.

Trying to level herbilism or mining? Good luck finding ores! Zones are packed full of people doing the same thing. In cata, getting mining from 0 to cap was easy enough, took a few hours if you slacked. Now you'll be lucky if it takes you 2-3 days.

I've made it a point to ask as many people as possible about CRZ and get them to give their opinion on it. 100% (so far) of the people I've talked to about it, hate it.

Funny thing is, there are simple solutions to get around what most are considering a mistake.

It could be removed - The first and foremost "solution" is the simplest.

It could be "turned off" - Giving people the option to "opt out" so to speak.

It could have manual selection for individual realms - Don't like the current "realm" you're phased to? Switch it to one that suits your needs, no more waiting 10-15 minutes for that quest mob that's just been killed to respawn!

Blizzard said it was to make it a more sociable experience for people levelling. If that was the case, could they not just turn it off for those at cap?

I don't know the in's and out's of how they've implemented it, but so far what seems to be the majority opinion is it either needs to be vastly improved, or removed asap.
    The "problem" with higher competition between rares, herbs and ores has already been addressed, they increased the spawn rate of all of these by a ton. Have you tried mining ores in Pandaria? It was affected by the spawn rate change but is not yet cross realm zoned, I can literally walk around on my alt hunter in one cave, mine all the ghost iron in there, and before I mine the last one new veins will have spawned. It's a endless supply, and all lower version herb and ore veins have been affected by this.

Rare mobs also spawn a lot faster, Scritch for example which is a wanted rare by a lot of players because it drops hozen peace pipe which gives 1000 rep with all pandaria factions, spawns about once per hour.

The main reason for CRZ to be added was addressed by Ghostcrawler so that when you're out leveling in the zones you would actually see other people there, it shouldn't feel like a complete, empty and lonely experience. I would say they succeeded quite well on that front.

If players could turn off CRZ then the spawn rate of rares, ores and herbs must be decreased for those people as well, and it could be exploited further for people to gank low levels, then when they get friends they could just turn off CRZ and escape to their own realm.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-11-17 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    The "problem" with higher competition between rares, herbs and ores has already been addressed, they increased the spawn rate of all of these by a ton. Have you tried mining ores in Pandaria?

If it was addressed, then it wouldn't still be a massive problem in the 1-85 zones, which of course, it still IS a problem.

And as for rarespawn camping, have you gone looking for things like TLPD lately?

Did you even read my post or just skim read?

10+ Year Old Account
    More tears? Stop crying...!
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Deleted
    If it was addressed, then it wouldn't still be a massive problem in the 1-85 zones. You cannot deny that it is a problem. Did you even read my post or just skim read?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847727841#7

It is exactly the way they intended for it to be when they designed the game. And no it's not a problem at all.

The "problem" with higher competition between rares, herbs and ores has already been addressed, they increased the spawn rate of all of these by a ton. Have you tried mining ores in Pandaria? It was affected by the spawn rate change but is not yet cross realm zoned, I can literally walk around on my alt hunter in one cave, mine all the ghost iron in there, and before I mine the last one new veins will have spawned. It's a endless supply, and all lower version herb and ore veins have been affected by this.

Rare mobs also spawn a lot faster, Scritch for example which is a wanted rare by a lot of players because it drops hozen peace pipe which gives 1000 rep with all pandaria factions, spawns about once per hour.

The main reason for CRZ to be added was addressed by Ghostcrawler so that when you're out leveling in the zones you would actually see other people there, it shouldn't feel like a complete, empty and lonely experience. I would say they succeeded quite well on that front.

If players could turn off CRZ then the spawn rate of rares, ores and herbs must be decreased for those people as well, and it could be exploited further for people to gank low levels, then when they get friends they could just turn off CRZ and escape to their own realm.
    I wish I could feel a sense of social interaction and restless activity by seeing people from other zones doing quests. But I don't. And that's why I don't like CRZ. The purpose is meaningless to me leaving only the downsides.

Deleted
    personaly i wish they never added mass crz i think it should just be removed and added to pvp zones WG TB etc the way it is atm there is just so much griefing

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847727841#7

It is exactly the way they intended for it to be when they designed the game. And no it's not a problem at all.
    It needs improving. It is be no means perfect. And regardless to what that blue post says, a hell of a lot of people hate it.

I've defended blizzards design decisions in the past, some that people still bitch about to this day. But CRZ.. It's not up to standard yet. And I for one, will keep complaining to blizzard and offering up constructive criticism, until they do something about it.
    Last edited by razski; 2012-11-17 at 02:39 PM.

Yes, CRZ is fucking amazing.

I love questing in areas where there's not enough mobs/resources/gather points for ONE person and having to compete with SEVERAL additional retards and taking multiples of the amount of time it would normally take me to get done with a quest hub just so that I can SEE some people that I don't know, don't care about, have no interest in associating with, and would never group with.

Because, you know, I'm some fucking lonely assfuck and I need to fucking SEE some bitches while I'm leveling or I might go fucking cry in a goddamn corner or something.

It's also a wonderful experience to NEVER be able to just put an alt on my 2seater like I used to be able to and just go AFK cross-continent.

And I just can't wait to have to fly a long distance across 5000 CRZ barriers and watch my screen freeze up every few seconds for the duration of the flight.

And yea these node respawn rates are totally baller. Resources respawning like twice as fast as normal totes makes up for there being 2-3 additional people trying to use/farm them sometimes.

Who cares if your stupid whatever can sit in a cave and endlessly farm ore in MoP? Certainly not me. I used to be able to go to obscure areas, or farm at obscure hours, and the odds of anyone being around were nonexistent. Now? No matter what hour of the day, no matter how fast you log on, there's FUCKING people there. Tried doing pokemonz yet? Good luck getting any rare/desirable pets! Minfernal? HA! CRZ ensures that there will ALWAYS be people in Felwood for me, because after the few people camping 24/7 NOW get it, CRZ will ensure that the NEW people looking to farm it are in a Felwood with OTHER people, meaning we're all still competing with eachother. You see, under normal circumstances, if you and me both wanted a Minfernal, a) The odds that we were both camping at the same time was slim and b) there was a very finite amount of people potentially camping against you and c) once one person got it, they left, and you never saw them again, and then you could camp it in peace and get yours and then leave.

CRZ seems to work like this:

First person who logs in and goes to a zone causes WoW to generate an "instance" of that zone.

Any subsequent players who enter that zone up to a certain number, probably like 5-10 depending on the area, are put in that zone.

The 11th person to enter that zone enters a new instance of it.

The next 5-10 people are put in that second instance.

And so on.

So no matter how many or how few people are competing for a resource CRZ virtually ASSURES that you WILL have competition. Even if you log in on fucking Christmas morning, the few other people scattered across a handful of servers that got up at 5am to go camp something WILL ALL GET LOPPED INTO THE SAME FUCKING CRZ INSTANCE. Or the handful per timezone or per server type. However it works, it artificially inflated the competition for any given resource.

Increasing spawnrates doesn't solve a completely foreign issue that only exists because of CRZ. Higher spawnrates just means you're stuck in a shitty situation that only exists because of CRZ For a shorter amount of time.

My solution is make CRZ opt-in. Then all you fools that want it can suffer together. And leave the rest of us the fuck alone.

CRZ is fucking retarded and if you like it then you're part of the problem, and the enemy. I don't know a single fucking person in-game or IRL that likes this shitty fucking poorly implemented pile of shit. And I honestly think that you've got some serious cognitive disabilities if you don't think there's an issue with the fact that it was even implemented in it's current iteration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Displaysia View Post
    I wish I could feel a sense of social interaction and restless activity by seeing people from other zones doing quests. But I don't. And that's why I don't like CRZ. The purpose is meaningless to me leaving only the downsides.
    I'm sorry you feel this way. However a lot of other people really enjoy actually seeing other people when out in the world, it is an MMO after all and the zones shouldn't be left empty.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 03:38 PM ----------

It needs improving. It is be no means perfect. And regardless to what that blue post says, a hell of a lot of people hate it.
    It is not perfect no, but all in all what is? It could definitely be improved, as can a lot of things. Whilst a lot of people might hate it, I believe a lot more love it.

I'm sorry you feel this way. However a lot of other people really enjoy actually seeing other people when out in the world, it is an MMO after all and the zones shouldn't be left empty.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 03:38 PM ----------

It is not perfect no, but all in all what is? It could definitely be improved, as can a lot of things. Whilst a lot of people might hate it, I believe a lot more love it.
    I'd agree that there are some that love it, but as I said in my large post, I've gone round questioning opinions on it (theres been polls on this site also) and it does seem the majority do not like it. I've known a few who (stupidly) quit because of it.

The only way I'd be happier with it, is if I could choose (like in Tera, for example) a realm (channel) to be on at will.

I have a question. Does anyone know if US-Stormrage has CRZ (considering it's already the most populated alliance server, don't know how they are rolling out CRZ) because if so, I have yet to lock-up or freeze or even slightly stutter when going across any zones.

I don't know if that's a computer thing, connection thing or what, but I definitely don't "notice" if I'm crossing into a CRZ area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I have a question. Does anyone know if US-Stormrage has CRZ (considering it's already the most populated alliance server, don't know how they are rolling out CRZ) because if so, I have yet to lock-up or freeze or even slightly stutter when going across any zones.

I don't know if that's a computer thing, connection thing or what, but I definitely don't "notice" if I'm crossing into a CRZ area.
    It should yes. Try using the who tool and look up a zone with a low amount of people (the who tool can only detect people from your own server at the moment), if you find someone in that zone that the who tool can't, they are from a different server. Since you are on a high populated realm however it's more likely that people on your own realm are separated from each other in highly populated areas. Keep in mind however that Stormwind/Orgrimmar and all of Pandaria is not yet affected by CRZ.

If you go to Dalaran for example I'm sure you will see someone from another server. You can see that they are by hovering over them, then reading in the tool-tip at the end of their name, there you should see their server name if they are from another realm.

I

Is this based on -anything- at all?

Because I would really love to see some competent polling done on the subject. Because if you poll a raiding guild and they all hate it and then you poll an RP guild and they all love it, like, it's skewed, it's not an accurate representation of how people feel on the subject.

So what are you basing this on, that you think more people explicitly like (not tolerate, actually LIKE) CRZ, versus the number of people that explicitly dislike it?

Deleted
    I'd agree that there are some that love it, but as I said in my large post, I've gone round questioning opinions on it (theres been polls on this site also) and it does seem the majority do not like it. I've known a few who (stupidly) quit because of it.

The only way I'd be happier with it, is if I could choose (like in Tera, for example) a realm (channel) to be on at will.
    Pretty much everyone in my guild and most people on my server love it. Might have to do with the fact that it's a low populated server which otherwise was completely dead and you never saw anyone, ever outside of Orgrimmar.

As an example, when the maintenance ends and Galleon is up, if you use the who tool to check the amount of people online there will be around five of them. It usually takes several hours and the invitation of people from other servers to down him.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Is this based on -anything- at all?

Because I would really love to see some competent polling done on the subject. Because if you poll a raiding guild and they all hate it and then you poll an RP guild and they all love it, like, it's skewed, it's not an accurate representation of how people feel on the subject.

So what are you basing this on, that you think more people explicitly like (not tolerate, actually LIKE) CRZ, versus the number of people that explicitly dislike it?
    I'm basing it on the reactions I have gotten from people I have encountered. Since there hasn't been any major polls including hundreds of thousands of voters, it's currently the only way to view it.

The only people who really knows the number of people who like/dislike it is Blizzard themselves who get all the feedback collected. Considering they haven't made any further changes to CRZ, there must be a lot more positive feedback than negative in total.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-11-17 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post

It doesnt matter how many times you say 'pvp happened in a pvp server', this system IS stupid. It only makes ganking efficient. No friends, no help for quests, nothing.

It's hardly stupid. It does its job very well.

It makes the zone more populated, which is the intended situation, contrary to no man's wasteland of emptiness.

On a PVP server, this has the side-effect of an increased number of ganks. That's how PVP servers work.

Sounds like you can't handle the choice you made.

Pretty much everyone in my guild and most people on my server love it. Might have to do with the fact that it's a low populated server which otherwise was completely dead and you never saw anyone, ever outside of Orgrimmar.

As an example, when the maintenance ends and Galleon is up, if you use the who tool to check the amount of people online there will be around five of them. It usually takes several hours and the invitation of people from other servers to down him.
    You poor thing! You get to kill Galleon uncontested?

Talk about first world problems! Have you SEEN the Illidan screenshots for Galleon? Most people would KILL for the chance to sit around for hours gathering up people to kill him when he's up and for the knowledge that no one can just swoop in almost instantly with a 40man alliance and kill it instantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    You poor thing! You get to kill Galleon uncontested?

Talk about first world problems! Have you SEEN the Illidan screenshots for Galleon? Most people would KILL for the chance to sit around for hours gathering up people to kill him when he's up and for the knowledge that no one can just swoop in almost instantly with a 40man alliance and kill it instantly.
    Where did you get the idea of that I was complaining? I merely used it as an example to show just how dead my server is, and how welcome CRZ is.

Cross Realm Zones (CRZ's) have many problems and Blizzard has openly refused to address most of them. Corpse camping on PVP realms is one issue. Another issue is resource farming. These are both fair concerns with real problems that blizzard has, so far, ignored. In stead they prefer to cherry pick the empty complaints while saying that most people like the idea.

Where did you get the idea of that I was complaining? I merely used it as an example to show just how dead my server is, and how welcome CRZ is.

I just love the fucking rationale here.

My uberly lolpop realm is a miserable shithole so it sucks for us, but CRZ makes it better, and it's ok that it fucks over countless other people.

And the fact that Blizzard is ok with fucking with so many people's gameplay experience just for the sake of what I perceive to be an extremely small percentage of the population is just mind-boggling.