Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Im in special Olympics, we managed to finish clearing all the experts a few hours ago,
    Damn S.O. - not leaving any achievements for anyone else :P

I'm just a very laid back, casual raider, and still only 51.7 but I keep seeing these pop-ups: "Special Olympics were first on shard to down... >boss<"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Damn S.O. - not leaving any achievements for anyone else :P

I'm just a very laid back, casual raider, and still only 51.7 but I keep seeing these pop-ups: "Special Olympics were first on shard to down... >boss<"
    Haha yes! sorry about that we're all done with experts now so you won't see anymore till we get into raiding... which will be a couple of days time :P

Somebody thought it would be a good idea to make every boss in experts trigger a shard first message, while good for us because it strokes our egos even further, it does get quite annoying ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody thought it would be a good idea to make every boss in experts trigger a shard first message, while good for us because it strokes our egos even further, it does get quite annoying ^^

Classic Rift was the same.

Was involved in a server first kill of the world event boss for Seratos, though good god ... 160 million HP. I think the only reason it was the first time is every other time people went "hell no ..."

Deleted
    The water boss had 750mil on icewatch and the event failed. Not enough time for a measly few hundred players to down...

Crucia has like ~50mil... this guy must be the god of gods or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09...2p-if-need-be/

Not really the grapevine if its the CEO, but yes, my original post should not have said "is going".
    That would be pretty awesome, it'd get some new people in there. It's a pretty fun game, the worlds are so empty though.

Im in special Olympics, we managed to finish clearing all the experts a few hours ago, just gearing up a bit more then doing the 10 man tommorow evening, before probably heading to 20 mans early next week! I was almost world first level 60 as well, I passed out with about 3 bars to go at level 59 tho, after 43 hours of solid gameplay xD, When I woke up I got on and quickly level'd tho becoming the world first 60 mage... But yea whatever! having a blast experts are a real challenge ^^
    You shoulda told me you moved you nab. every time I see the shard proc for SO I'm thinking "poor seatiin" - all that empathy for nothing!!!!
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Taking a look at the current viewers of MMOs in this forum.
    D3 - 223
    GW2 - 131
    LoL - 87
    Minecraft - 27
    Rift - 35
    Swtor - 131

Surprising that the week of launch there are that few people "listening" in on the sub forums. I have the game, but am currently unsubed. I just can't find the urge to sub up. Something about the marketing just didn't grab me. I kept looking for that hook. I'm people are talking about it, and I really hope it (continues) to do well for where it's at.
    You have to remember that mmo-champion is a wow fansite, that happens to have sub forums for some other games. As such you are only going to get a tiny subsection of the forum going Rift player population coming here. Of course the forum going players of any game are already a tiny portion of the player base to start with. Essentially most of the people that post about Rift here, are people that also play Warcraft.

To simplify:
    Most Rift players don't post on forums. Of the small number of Rift players that do post on forums, most post on dedicated Rift fan sites not Warcraft based fan sites.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    You have to remember that mmo-champion is a wow fansite, that happens to have sub forums for some other games. As such you are only going to get a tiny subsection of the forum going Rift player population coming here. Of course the forum going players of any game are already a tiny portion of the player base to start with. Essentially most of the people that post about Rift here, are people that also play Warcraft.

To simplify:
    Most Rift players don't post on forums. Of the small number of Rift players that do post on forums, most post on dedicated Rift fan sites not Warcraft based fan sites.
    Also play Warcraft?

While yes, mmo-champ is a WoW-based website, a good half of its userbase no longer plays WoW, but probably 99+% of us played WoW at some point, thus we ended up at mmo-champ.

I personally still post here because I love mmo-champ. I quit WoW over a year ago, but I still partake in several forums here:

General Off-topic.
    Rift.
    Diablo 3.
    Fun-stuff.
    Computer.

Don't make such claims unless you're a red. =X
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Well just from looking at the activity of the official forums and the server pops on the shards page (i know really scientific, but that's all we really have to go by) it seems to me that the population is around the same level as it was pre SL. Which kind of saddens me as i was expecting the game to really take off with this xpack

I personally still havent bought it yet even though im a fan of rift and have been since launch. There just wasnt that hook to pull me back in and prevent me from making my purchase of skyrim instead of SL a couple of days ago.

I think thats one of the problems that trion needs to think about, they really need to focus on what makes them stand out even more i think.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

I think thats one of the problems that trion needs to think about, they really need to focus on what makes them stand out even more i think.
    You don't think they did that though?

- Modular housing system
    - Zone events
    - Rifts everywhere
    - Onslaughts like every 10 feet
    - IAs for everything
    - Top notch usability
    - More souls, more soul combinations

I mean those are the big things about Rift in a nutshell. The ease of UI/interface, modular classes, zone events, hotjoin parties. With SL its mostly housing and more of the same.

Would agree that perhaps housing [though impressive] isn't enough. Maybe Trion should have added more standout features rather than just refinement. Though I am not sure that is really Rift's thing.

The greatest strength and weakness of Rift is that it is for the most part; a standard MMO. It's done very well and is robustly supported. In the end Rift is essentially "Warcraft/EQ for people who don't like Warcraft/EQ specifically".

Would say SL does play up Rift's strengths. They are just not particularly flashy or esoteric.

I've been playing the expansion, haven't been on here in like a week now... I don't know whats happening... Time just seems to pass so fast, but having such a blast!
    Yes, I fall into this category as well - I've been leveling when I can and having a blast with SL. Strangley it is now that I am at work that I can actually come and check MMO site for what's new.[COLOR="red"]

Edit: we took out the water event boss was at 500mil health. Two times during the fight I ported to re-fill my planar charges, and then came back to continue... this was the longest fight i've ever seen in pve mmo.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-11-17 at 07:32 PM.

I like that the event bosses take a long time now. One of my biggest frustrations with EI was that by the time I ran to the boss [through a million mobs] he was dead. Even worse in the old world where you had to basically be at the boss spawn point to get in your 1 shot before the zerg obliterated the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I like that the event bosses take a long time now. One of my biggest frustrations with EI was that by the time I ran to the boss [through a million mobs] he was dead. Even worse in the old world where you had to basically be at the boss spawn point to get in your 1 shot before the zerg obliterated the boss.
    That's not at all how EI zone bosses were the first few weeks of EI's existence. Holy crap that was horrible... ._.
    "A flower.

I rarely make it in time to fight Old World/EI bosses. Way too much stuff aggros to me and I end up running/walking like 3/4ths of the way there uttering obscenities. Desperately trying to re-mount.

What a pain in the ass.

I hate traveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely make it in time to fight Old World/EI bosses. Way too much stuff aggros to me and I end up running/walking like 3/4ths of the way there uttering obscenities. Desperately trying to re-mount.

What a pain in the ass.

I hate traveling.
    I want to be friends with you. :P The way you wrote this, just made me giggle. lol
    "A flower.

I'm not a nice person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a nice person.
    That means you can't have friends? psh'aw.
    "A flower.

Is this bugged?
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/index.php
    Now it shows Some US High populations. I've not seen High on any rift servers for a long, long time.
    Last edited by Black Rider; 2012-11-18 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Is this bugged?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...npopular/page2
    Now it shows Some US High populations. I've not seen High on any rift servers for a long, long time.
    Your link just points back this page btw. If you mean the Rift shard status no reports of it being bugged the xpac/game is very good no reason servers aren't medium and full. Everyone is leveling and many old people came back and new people starting since it's a fresh start for everyone.