Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got it now, paid 3 steam TF2 keys + a pair of vanity glasses.
    Total cost to me: 0.35 euro for upgrading my tf2 account to premium :P

The rest was paid with steam cards i put up for sale, or from items found in other games. Nice nice ^^

New update (Steam). Can't find any patch info atm on it

latest post, but nothing about a patch
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/14/st...ame=0&ns_fee=0

Also:
    Update v. Offended Koala 15/12/2013

Lots more balance go!
    Scroll down for complete changelog! <- hello?

Changelog for v. Offended Koala 15/12/2013

There are a whole bunch of improvements to balance here, particularly in the early game.
    We aren’t wiping characters or worlds, but if you want to experience the proper balance
    you should make a new character/worlds to play it on!
    Also..
    - Experimental gun rebalance
    - Experimental biome settings
    - Streamlined mod support, more details here
    - Unique monster changes
    - Enable plasma guns
    - Fix naked NPC merchants
    - new portable pixel printer item (you must unlock tier 2 for it to show up in crafting).
    - Tons of new blocks and items to craft
    - New random encounters with unique items to find
    - Lots of work in progress server changes
    - Pets only attack npcs that are attacking the owner
    - New songs to play on instruments including christmas carols
    - New novelty hats
    - Pets now level up
    - you can no longer warp to gas giants
    - Lots more fixes and small additions
    More coming really soon!

--

Any way to save your pixels? If you die you lose quite a lot of them...
    And, picks degrade over time - do they actually break as well or can you repair them?
    Sleep to regen takes rather long as well.
    Last edited by bbr; 2013-12-15 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Any way to save your pixels? If you die you lose quite a lot of them...
    And, picks degrade over time - do they actually break as well or can you repair them?
    Sleep to regen takes rather long as well.
    They can be repaired with ore (drag ore over top and right click, for some reason only inferior ore works for me atm)
    yeah sleep regen sucks i farm out bandages like crazy to slightly help, I think better beds regen you faster also.

Saving pixels - You can use the compressor and bank them in that at the cost of 40% or you can just do what I do and constantly have my refinery running whenever I am on my ship (sometimes 2 refineries) and keep roughly 3k pixels in them as banks.

I hate birds in this game! They are so annoying and stay just out of your reach. For a long time only thing I had was a bow... ... then I wandered into friendly avian (or whatever the bird people are) town where they greeted me and wanted to sell me fruits and other stuff. In that friendly nice town I found a chest and inside that chest was a rocket launcher!

Talking about ranged weapons. Are they crafted somehow or do you just have to find them? As much damage as the rocket launcher does, its rather slow and if I miss it takes annoyingly long time until I can shoot again. Many videos and stuff show where people shoot laser beams, ect. but I have yet to find anything ranged except bows and that rocket launcher :/ .

You can craft bows, for example an iron bow.

You can craft bows, for example an iron bow.
    Yea, but I already did mention bows.

Unless I'm mistaken steel bow is last bow you can craft. At least there were no upgraded versions when I started crafting titanium and the one that came after that. What I'm looking for is something that does more damage than ~15dmg the steel bow does with one shot. That damage is useless. What I'm looking for is faster ranged weapon that has similar dps to rocket launcer or close.... like ranged weapon that is usefull in delta (is that threat level4?).
    Last edited by Morae; 2013-12-15 at 07:13 PM.

A quick search through the wiki found this:

On top of all this, Ranged Weapons may have utilities such as laser sights and flashlight guns can be bought from several merchants across the universe. As of December 10th's update, one is in the beta sector at these co-ordinates: -23202433,71687640

I haven't bothered to check it for myself, but I figured it would be of interest.

I run a server. I think I am the only person who wishes they would update less frequently and do bigger patches. It sucks having to constantly update / fix things on your server everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I run a server. I think I am the only person who wishes they would update less frequently and do bigger patches. It sucks having to constantly update / fix things on your server everyday.
    Its beta, trying to run stable server is downright pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its beta, trying to run stable server is downright pointless.
    Well, the one point of beta is to run everything as stable as possible, if something happens, fix it, if fix requires wipe, wipe everything, it's beta, no one cares. If this guy will find bugs with server on beta, it's great, much better than finding them on release.

And i wish bigger updates but not that frequently. I have very limited time to play and creating new world+character every patch (i play around 4 hours per week until holidays) and i struggle to progress through robot and experience new patch features/rebalance. I haven't even seen any pets around, and only shop-man i've met is a frog who sold me cheap bombs.

I have heard that you can "save" you character by deleting only world folder in game files, but will it allow to use all new features from patch?

By the way, is there a way to repair diamond pickaxe? I tried to use diamond ore on it (right click) but it didn't worked.
    And is the only way to obtain "matter" block (that one, that required for Doom helmet) is weird laboratory with machine that spews them on you when you use it?

And is there any quests after distress beacon?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-12-16 at 06:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, the one point of beta is to run everything as stable as possible, if something happens, fix it, if fix requires wipe, wipe everything, it's beta, no one cares. If this guy will find bugs with server on beta, it's great, much better than finding them on release.

And i wish bigger updates but not that frequently. I have very limited time to play and creating new world+character every patch (i play around 4 hours per week until holidays) and i struggle to progress through robot and experience new patch features/rebalance. I haven't even seen any pets around, and only shop-man i've met is a frog who sold me cheap bombs.

I have heard that you can "save" you character by deleting only world folder in game files, but will it allow to use all new features from patch?
    You don't have to start over with a new character just because there's a patch, so far everything patched in after the one wipe has also worked for old characters.

By the way, is there a way to repair diamond pickaxe? I tried to use diamond ore on it (right click) but it didn't worked.
    Still copper ore.

And is the only way to obtain "matter" block (that one, that required for Doom helmet) is weird laboratory with machine that spews them on you when you use it?
    Yes

No

ill assume repairing will work with the relevant ore in the future.

ill assume repairing will work with the relevant ore in the future.
    ill assume that "right click with ore" is just a placeholder.

From what I've read this is a list of the stuff they are working on. Although a handful of things (like ship to ship combat) has been mentioned as coming after full release, so keep that in mind.

http://playstarbound.com/the-future-of-starbound/

So here is a non exhaustive list of additions coming to the game. We have a lot more than this in store (not yet discussed), but Xealaz over at reddit compiled such a nice list of the stuff we HAVE discussed that I wanted to share it with you. As always, things are not set in stone.

On with the list!

NPC Spawners & Building Logic: NPCs will scan the structures you build around them and the contents of chests; they will have improved inventories/behaviors depending on how valuable their surroundings are.
    Macro Terrain Changes: Affect an entire planet’s terrain and weather
    More Planet Scanner Data: See details in the planet scanner like planet occupants/dungeons
    Underground: More secrets will spawn below the surface
    Space Combat: Way in the future, expect space combat and the ability to board other ships.
    Spaceship Dungeons: Very large, size of a planet.
    Biome Hazards: Sandstorms, icestorms, meteor showers, toxic planets, airless planets.
    Ore & Difficulty: Higher difficulty planets will have improved ore distribution
    Story Missions: Eventually each tier will end with a story mission that ends with the bosses you see now.
    Ship Navigator Changes: Still not set in stone; but the new idea is to give a local map with fog of war. Instead of sector buttons you have to fly out of a sector and into the next one by uncovering more of the star map. The final sector would be infinite.
    Smoother Difficulty Curve: Better indication of the difficulty of an area. Difficulty will change within tiers as well as between tiers. There will be fractional difficulty (for example, Difficulty 1.12 in tier 1 would be easier than Difficulty 1.52, while still in T1)
    Monster Generation: Right now, monster parts just have stat boosts, but eventually rolled monster parts will affect their behavior and abilities. For example, monsters with spider legs can climb walls; fiery monsters inflict burning. You might get a burning spider dropping on you from the ceiling. Projectiles may be tied to specifically generated heads. Biome may influence monster part generation.
    Mini-Map: Rotating circular map showing highlights only such as the location of friendly players, spawn points–but no major details. For the details you’d use a mapping item to create a map as you travel.
    Teleporters: Stargates between planets and eventually between servers.
    Dramatic Planet Modification: Not going to be implemented any time soon. Ability for players to modify huge chunks of planets through things like orbital bombardment; removing the entire first layer of a planet and leave behind a lifeless surface.
    Tech Priority: Eventually all techs can be active at once, but a categorization system is in the works to assign priority to conflicting techs, preventing issues. A hotkey to switch the active tech will be added as a temporary workaround until the priority system is completed.
    Server Commands: More server commands and control for chat and port listening.
    Villager AI: Villagers will aggro when you steal from them and follow you more aggressively.
    World Storage: Improve world storage and organize *.pak files to improve modding. Add launcher integration.
    Spawn Points: Change spawn points on individual planets.
    Controls: Reconfigure controls; keybinding.
    Ship Size: Upgrade ship/increase size.
    Racial Armor: Racial abilities will not be inherent but will be tied to racial armor. For example, Avian armor can glide downward.
    Capture Pods & Mercenaries: May be able to capture NPCs with pods. Summon NPC Mercenaries by using the pod as a beacon.
    Reduced Wipes: Working on a system to patch without requiring as many character wipes in the future. This will require one more wipe and that’s it.
    Other Changes: Colorblind Mode & Engine Optimization. FTL animation being revamped to reduce memory strain.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Teleporters: Stargates between planets and eventually between servers.
    That is awesome.

I think I'm going to stop playing for a while now, until it moves out of Beta. I've played quite a lot of hours worth and seen the majority of the current content. I don't want to burn the game out for myself before it's even released, which is highly likely at the moment.

Game's great so far and with everything they have planned, it's just going to keep on getting better.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

Have you tried using copper ore? So far it has worked on every level/type of pick axe I've made. Any of the other ores haven't worked.

I don't think there are any quests after you complete the distress beacon and use the MkII Star Map...but there is another boss that is a giant robot (not sure if there is any more than two at this point, I spend more time dinking around on various planets than going after the second boss).

Deleted
    I kind of liked terreria. is this a game I might like? how similiar / different is it from Terraria ?

From a brief writeup that I had read it seems that there is less building in Starbound than Terraria. The building of the interesting housing was what I liked the most. If the building doesn't get interesting I'd imagine it'd be Terraria with more content and less interesting options for building things. Can anyone tell me if that's the case?

-Nish
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.