Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Vanilla Nostalgia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE5oa...feature=relmfu

Just listened to this and holy shit it brings back memories.

As an old time warlock, I remember switching between SM/Ruin and some Demonic Sacrifice builds, farming felcloth for my first epic, the warlock tailoring chest, and getting my tier 2 helm from onyxia.

Those were some good times!

I really hoped they would bring this back to the login screen for MoP. They're really trying to go back to Warcraft's "roots" with this expac and think this would have gotten everyone's excitement flowing at the thought of stepping back into Azeroth :3

Teldrassil music > Login music for nostalgic reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I really hoped they would bring this back to the login screen for MoP. They're really trying to go back to Warcraft's "roots" with this expac and think this would have gotten everyone's excitement flowing at the thought of stepping back into Azeroth :3
    Aren't we gonna spend most of our time on the Pandaria continent in MOP?

Pandaria is a part of Azeroth.

Deleted
    I also miss a lot my vanilla warlock, create on the 5th march 2005.
    My main until the end of Burning Crusade and her 250 days of played.

I remember the good time I had with this toon :
    - The first /w at level 40 ("OH MY GOD WHERE DID YOU GET THIS MOUNT!!! SO AMAZING!!!" "Just trained it from my class master /cheers")
    - The unseen dreadmist chest even after dozen and dozen UBRS clean.
    - Hundred runs of Dire Maul West so that all my padawans can get their mount too.
    - "What are you doing?" "I'm raising my argent dawn rep" "Why?" "I like to see all these bars filled".
    - My first FREAKING AWESOME SB CRIT above 1k ^^
    - The felheart boots drop after my 20th Sharraz kill.
    - The days spent in front of Majordomo in MC40 just to skip all trash by teleporting the whole raid.
    - Soulshards farming before raids.. "How many do you have?" "Almost 60" "Will be more than sufficient" "Trust me It won't"
    - All my epic fails when I was on special duty in raid (Twins tanking..)
    - Weeks and weeks of farming to get Ahn Qiraj opened

and so more...

Now I can't stand playing warlock anymore, I think I'm stuck in those days with this class.
    I had a break at Wotlk realease due to RL things and never felt the same way when I log back on my lock with patch 3.3 (ICC release)

I tried just to see all the changes performed since 5.0.4. but was even worst.

We'll never see that again.. /cry

PS : Forgot all the TP just above the lava in IF "TP PLZ" "mmhh k accept party" "you f...retard!" "Don't complain, It was free"
    Last edited by mmoc7c9bfc547c; 2012-09-12 at 01:31 PM.

Oh yeah! The original login screen is still my favorite.

- 40 man raids
    - 16(?) debuff limit on bosses "No dots, guys, don't push the sunders out"
    - "Wait for 5 sunders before you start dps!"
    - SM/Ruin spec for optimal shadowbolt spam
    - Could only use a phase shifted imp as a walking health buff totem because anything else would die
    - Summoning the entire raid. Each summon costing a soul shard that had to be farmed before a raid
    - Lots of drain soul beams cast on a dying mob in a 40 man raid and the jokes about not letting the beams cross.
    - "Loot the dogs!"
    - Onyxia's corpse disappearing before we got the picture taken on our first kill because someone skinned her.
    - Epic items being epic
    - Intellect being the main caster stat in gear and it only increased your mana pool and a gave tiny amount of crit
    - Slowly running without a mount from Ironforge to Wetlands to take a boat to Theramore at lvl20. Then running for ages in Kalimdor for the succubus quest. When I was almost there I got stuck in something when taking a shortcut and had to hearth back to Stormwind, curse for 5 minutes, and then start the run all over again.

Technically the game was crap compared to what it is now but everything felt new and exciting.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2012-09-12 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i miss demon quests, and class quests in general.

Don't forget about the flight paths not being linked together!

Gotta love the summons and healthstones requiring 1 shard each and having no lock summon stone nor soulwell, and pets costing a shard!

Or how about Ritual of Doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i miss demon quests, and class quests in general.
    I'm happy I got all my pets from quests (apart from felguard which never had one), including infernal & doomguard and the dreadsteed mount.

Deleted
    Lol at 'wait for 5 sunders' and loot the dogs!

I was a priest at the time, but having to wand bosses to get mana back, being the 2nd on the server to get full t2, wiping on broolord and having to go through the suppression room again!

Good times.

15+ Year Old Account
    My main memory of vanilla wow is elites everywhere when questing!

Great times. Its sad they never allowed us to chose the loggin screen we want.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    My main memory of vanilla wow is elites everywhere when questing!
    the world was a lot scarier in those days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    Oh yeah! The original login screen is still my favorite.

- 40 man raids
    - 16(?) debuff limit on bosses "No dots, guys, don't push the sunders out"
    - "Wait for 5 sunders before you start dps!"
    - SM/Ruin spec for optimal shadowbolt spam
    - Could only use a phase shifted imp as a walking health buff totem because anything else would die
    - Summoning the entire raid. Each summon costing a soul shard that had to be farmed before a raid
    - Lots of drain soul beams cast on a dying mob in a 40 man raid and the jokes about not letting the beams cross.
    - "Loot the dogs!"
    - Onyxia's corpse disappearing before we got the picture taken on our first kill because someone skinned her.
    - Epic items being epic
    - Intellect being the main caster stat in gear and it only increased your mana pool and a gave tiny amount of crit
    - Slowly running without a mount from Ironforge to Wetlands to take a boat to Theramore at lvl20. Then running for ages in Kalimdor for the succubus quest. When I was almost there I got stuck in something when taking a shortcut and had to hearth back to Stormwind, curse for 5 minutes, and then start the run all over again.

Technically the game was crap compared to what it is now but everything felt new and exciting.

Because everything was new and exciting, thus is the reason why people "miss" vanilla even though they really don't they just miss the new and exciting because they never experienced it before...

Stitches!

I miss how the world felt big in vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Stitches!

I miss how the world felt big in vanilla.
    It would still feel big if it wasn't for flying mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Because everything was new and exciting, thus is the reason why people "miss" vanilla even though they really don't they just miss the new and exciting because they never experienced it before...
    observably soemone who havent heard of Feenix

Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    I'm happy I got all my pets from quests (apart from felguard which never had one), including infernal & doomguard and the dreadsteed mount.
    /highfive!

When inspecting other warlocks, does anyone else check for the Dreadsteed FoS before actually looking at their gear (when just randomly looking at people)? I know it's odd, and I want to know if I'm the only one who does it.

The quest items were more expensive than just buying the training and mount outright, but damned if I didn't do it anyway.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

classic the only time where i didn't have a lock
    still remember how i did slay so many in blackrock with the roq from my guildmaster, how i probably spend more time ingame then outside and how just to get rank 14 i needed 4 people (and the dude that got it first was alone .. he basicly just never went offline)

but i loved to talk with my warlock friend, his constant cry about "why do i have to farm shards for all the lazy guys" "fuck you i don't have shards for a healthstone go buy pots" or how freaking overpowers shamantotems are against his fears (duels were kinda stupid against him since i basicly won by just beeing a shaman)

just thinking back to classic now makes me feel i played a realy crappy game but had a shitload of fun doing it. now i got 1 char of every class and i don't even know why, only class that i love is warlock since bc. Never realy liked them in classic .. guess i was just to young to get the joi of killing someone after your death

@poster above, sometimes i look if they got the acievment just to check , but most of the time i stick with "another noob that trys to be as cool as me .. suckaaa" :P