Poll: Glad its finally over?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't like the poll options because although I enjoyed most of Cataclysm, I wouldn't really say I miss it after all the time spent playing in those zones/dungeons/raids. My biggest beef with Cata was how big the skill/ability gap became between average and good players in both dungeons and raids. ZA/ZG were a lot of fun for quickly farming VP when they were released, but once most good players had all the VP items they wanted they stopped queuing and that shit was painful to do with more than 1 terrible player in the group.

What I liked about Cata:
    - ALL of Firelands, save for the excessive trash. Every encounter had unique elements to it and having tanked, healed, and played both melee and ranged DPS it was the most enjoyable raid I've done since Wotlk's revamp of Naxx. Yeah Naxx was easy as fuck, but it was FUN (imo) so I didn't mind steamrolling through the place.
    - HoT heroics took very little time to finish, helped to quickly cap out VP for the week to sell BoE epics and load my pockets. Those heroics weren't much fun, but they rarely lasted longer than 15 minutes so I didn't mind the monotony.
    - Reforging/Xmog
    - Some Tier11 raid encounters were a lot different from what we'd seen and I enjoyed them. With that said, the only fun thing about Throne of the Four Maelstroms was having a priest main and griefing guildmates with levitate as they hopped from platform to platform.
    - LFR was a blast when it was fresh and, once again, populated with above average players. I could compete against players with better gear than my alts' and it gave me a reason to keep gearing them up. Abusing life grip to kill bad or arrogant players is some of the most fun I've had with friends, and nothing was more fun than queuing up with 5-6 priests in a raid and chain-gripping egomaniacs.

What I hated about Cata:
    - Vashj'ir - I only quested there on my herbalist so I could make some gold farming herbs nobody else wanted to mess with.
    - Dragon Soul - only because it took more than 2 minutes to get there. I liked the encounters despite the large number of people who hated every minute of it.
    - Feeling forced to do dailies in order to catch up as a fresh 85. Unfortunately this issue is back in MoP only much much worse, and I can't stand questing. Give me a reputation cloak and I'll bash my head against heroic dungeons bosses all day rather than doing 10 daily quests in each zone (to each his/her own).
    - Raiding on Tichondrius-US (horde) there was/is a very limited number of players who aren't/weren't terrible, and in Wotlk my guild died and those of us still playing went casual. Because of this, some of us are forced to carry bad players through content and it got old in Dragon Soul and it's already killing my interest in MoP raiding. Sadly I'd rather carry bads than raid more than 3 hours a night or more than 2 nights a week, so it's not really something Blizzard can fix but is simply the reason my time playing the game is quickly coming to an end.

Deleted
    While Cataclysm did bring back some good mechanics (namely LFR and transmog), the high level content wasn't any good, to the point I didn't subscribe for most of Cata.
    MoP is a step in the good direction though still not on par with Wotlk.
    Guess it'll be for the next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The attitude of appealing only to hardcore players instead of the wider community.
    eh?! every aspect of the game was nerfed to appeal to more casual players. how can that be to only appeal to hardcore players?!

But overall ia gree with you, cata wasnt the best of expansions.. the first raid teir and rag was the only really good things in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Fifty fifty.

Content wise was really good ( heroics , raids , lvling ).

But on other hand ... jesus thrall poking out from every possible hole ...

God no i dont miss that.
    Could you please enumerate how many holes? I'm really sick of this stupid argument of "they're shoving thrall down our throats" bullshit.

Tirion was ULTRA-SHOVED in everyone's faces on WOTLK and nobody complained, but hey, lets give a little attention to Thrall and lets make a fuss about it. Thrall only shows up in ONE zone, the goblin starting zone.

Other than that, he shows up ONCE in a single quest in Hyjal, and one non-canon cameo in twilight highlands. He doesn't show up ANYWHERE ELSE in the revamped azeroth, nor in Uldum, or Deepholm, or vashjir, or any of the raids.

So you mean to tell me one zone, one instance, and one raid is "poking through every hole"?

Tirion showed up in the DK starting zone, on Howling Fjord, and in Icecrown he shows up a grand total of TEN TIMES. No to mention how he shows up in 2 raids, 1 instance, 2 trailers, the ending cinematic, and unlike thrall, he gets a big statue full of gold, right in the middle of the capital of the expansion.

>_>
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-11-19 at 10:49 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I said many times, and repeat... Cataclysm is at the moment, and probably always will be, WoW's worst expansion.

Wait aren't we still in Cata? feels like it to me lol. I raid and log off cause there is nothing at all to do .

and in 6 months time, youll all be saying how great cata was and how awful mop is,

12 months down the line, Cata best expansion of the game

These threads do my head in, it seems to me as if your drunk, make a hate thread, then decide the next morning, ( 6 months later) you made a mistake
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I enjoyed the start of Cata and thought it had potential to improve and possibly bring out something that could rival Ulduar, then quality went down fast. The quality went back up in MoP and more content, yet most of the "accessible" content is rather flat game play wise and wont hold my attention regardless of how stacked the rewards are that are being placed behind it to get players to do it.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2012-11-19 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The alterations to the world. The attitude of appealing only to hardcore players instead of the wider community.
    You lost me here.
    Cata Pre nerf 5man HC were easier then TBC 5man HC even after tbc 5man hc nerfs.
    You may not remember but WOTLK 5man HC with a full party in greens and normal blues would wipe at some trash and bosses, maybe you just join when people over geared the HC and you were just carryed by a retribution paladin/arms warrior/feral dps druid or DK any dps spec taking or a retribution paladin/ench shaman that queue has a healed and toss a instant FOL every now and then since bosses died in less then 10s.

I remember CATA giving free raid equivalent epics just by spaming 5man hc (during ICC you could get them too but in a week you could only get 14 emblems and a piece costed what 50-75? That is how many weeks just for a piece? in CAT that is 2 weeks)

In Cata 10man = 25man gear wise so again were hardcore?
    All
    Are you complaining about some difficult fights? Sinestra, HC ragnarus? Nerf HC? Akali HC and Spine hc?

What about WOTLK? OS 3D ups with current gear? Ulduar almost all hardmodes with current gear, hell XT normal pre nerf. Anub HC?? Blood Princes HC? PP Hc? Sindra HC? LK hC? hell LK normal?

So you are comparing what? 5 Hard encounters vs the rest in WOTLK?

What you couldnt pug 10man during Cata? Because your PUG doesnt have 25man raiders that are overgeared and couldnt carry you and are just there for OP trinket and extra emblems?

Are you forgetting LFR???

How is Cat not appealing to baddies? with all its free epic policies and nerfs to every single Raid and 5man hc? WOTLK only had a nerff in ICC with the 30% players buff but tanks got a nerff there remember 20% less dodge?

BTW i said baddie not casual because that is a different thing read my sign.

BTW not saying that WOTLK was better then CAT both had its ups and downs and at the end of the day they were both bad expansions but both had the most epic boss fights in the game

I'm glad cataclysm is over. Now i'm hating on MoP.

Deleted
    Cataclysm is the expansion I will miss the least! Everything took way to long to be released. And the troll HC'S instead of raid was so boring.

Deleted
    Not voting here, biased poll. The first and second tier of Cataclysm were good. The third... not so much.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-11-19 at 11:47 PM.

While Cata had some major flaws (weak questing 80-85, awful endraid, city crowding), there were some things that were good in it. For me it was way better PvP-wise expansion than MoP (atm, well see). Major 1-60 revamp made great, leveling through questing is fun again. LFR - as much as I don't like this mode I must agree that it was a great move. And probably my favourite tier of raiding so far - T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't there a neutral answer like "It's over, i moved on"?
    I'd vote for that.

1) Old world revamp - loved it.
    2) Super hard launch heroics - loved them.
    3) Heroics nerfed and outgeared so that after a month or less they were cake - loved that too.
    4) LFR - great idea, loved it.
    5) New talents - loved them at the time, of course MoP took the whole concept a lot further.
    6) ZA/ZG - loved them at first, but the split queues for dungeons kind of screwed up the VP grind until HoTs came along.
    7) HoTs - quick and easy and cool fun, loved them.
    8) DMF - loved it.
    9) Raids: T11 - loved it
    10) Raids: FL - was okay at first, some bosses are still cool, but man I am so sick of that damn place
    11) Raids: DS - kind of disappointing (though people hate on it far more than it deserves). Some fights were cool, some a bit lacklustre, but it wasn't quite as good as I was hoping all in all. Still I'd rather go back there than FL by a long shot.
    12) Story, feel, soft stuff - hmm, it had its ups and downs but on the whole it didn't really come together. Also thought we needed more time on Deathwing as a character.
    13) Legendaries - haven't finished the staff yet but the Rogue legendary chain was really awesome

So all in all a lot of cool things but overall not as seamless as Wrath was. I still think they could've made it all work by improving DS a bit and releasing another raid tier - I thought the Vashj raid could've been unique and interesting if they'd been willing to take some risks in it. Might've been Cata's Ulduar. But from what I saw they'd started work on it wasn't that promising anyway.

*EDIT*

Man, so I forgot to even mention transmogrification (awesome), the goblins and worgen (both amazing starting zones - wish the worgen one went on a bit longer though), the dungeon bag (godsend)... just goes to show how many features Cataclysm really had that people take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I think my problem with Cata was just that it got old WAY too fast. Also, I hated Vash'jir. I did about 10 quests there on my warrior before moving on.
    Never understood the hate for Vashj, I liked that zone. Got way more bored of Hyjal.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    I remember CATA giving free raid equivalent epics just by spaming 5man hc (during ICC you could get them too but in a week you could only get 14 emblems and a piece costed what 50-75? That is how many weeks just for a piece? in CAT that is 2 weeks)
    In Wrath you could buy your entire tier and everything for Emblems. Cata changed it so you could only get tier from raid tokens again. Gearing was a cinch in Wrath, I geared the hell out of my alts.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I said many times, and repeat... Cataclysm is at the moment, and probably always will be, WoW's worst expansion.
    Anyone here remember back in late Wrath the forum was wall to wall posts about how ICC was the worst raid ever and Wrath would always be the worst expansion? And now people talk about it in glowing terms haha.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-11-20 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm glad when every expansion (and vanilla of course) is in the rear view mirror. It means we get to move on to the next bit of fun Blizzard has planned. It's good to enjoy the content while it's there, but you have to move on.

That's what annoys me about people with rose-tinted glasses, they're stuck in the past, only remembering the good shit about the older stuff. Though I guess that's the point of their rose-tinted glasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't miss it.

Glad to finally be back in an expansion where being a Warrior means something, even if it's just being a dangerous one shot macro class that's become more boring to play than a Cataclysm Arcane Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, so very very much. It felt like a huge slog. The only time I was every awake during it was on a few choice raid encounters.

Mists is a step back up the right path I feel. New lore to get involved in. Less retreading old ground.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Am I happy to see something new? Yes.

Am I happy to see Mists of Pandaria? No.

After T11 (I really like the beginning of Cata) Cata was boring, I agree. But Pandaria to me just doesn't fit right... There's some better aspects to it than Cata, but it just doesn't feel like WoW to me anymore.