Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which 2 PvE specs to choose?

Hello,

In this tier, there are alot of bosses. Affliction is the best overall choice, but some bosses is seem to favour Demo (Windlord) or Destruction (Easy mode soloing Spirit realm).

Anyone have advice, what bosses I should spec out of Affliction, and what OTHER spec, that will be the overall best second one? (I don't want to learn how to play Demo, Affliction and Destruction

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably safe to say that pretty much everything Destruction can do you can also/better do with Affliction OR Demonology. I'd learn about and spec those 2 and only do Destruction if you like the playstyle.

Deleted
    Affliction and demo.

I think the last time I played destruction in a raid was the end of TBC where you pressed 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction anything else as main spec is just crippling yourself.

Destro is far behind demo in single target and not as good for movement fights and has shocking AoE.

In short Affy MS and Demo OS

Deleted
    What fights is Demo actually better than Affliction on? Windlord, and anything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    What fights is Demo actually better than Affliction on? Windlord, and anything else?
    That'd be it mostly. =P

Deleted
    I ended up having to go demo to help out with AOE on heroic feng, hopefully your roster isn't in such a shape as to require it - but it can happen.

I'd reccomend using Affliction reforge and demo as second specc. Affliction is the way to go for standstill and multidot below 4 targets, Demo is the partial movement specc with better multidot potential on a higher number of possible targets (eg. windlord), burst aoe on demand (Feng hc) or burst single target while movement (Lei Shi).
    I know my last example will make some people mad, but in my raid, it helped a lot with the pushback phase.

Destro has it's tools, but requires a completely different reforge and gemming. This and the fact, the other two speccs scale better (until 5.1 but mostly even after the patch), will make aff/demo the way to go.

Affliction for single target and fights with little movement. Demonology for multi-target and heavy movement. Just remember that if you plan to switch specs for certain fights that you should run hit-capped all the time since Demo/Destruction without hit cap is a DPS loss.

Deleted
    idd, afflic and demo is the way to go for pretty much all kind of raiding atm. destro isnt really worth the time and effort since it is so far behind all the other specs, so in short, play what you like, but afflic and demo is optimal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    idd, afflic and demo is the way to go for pretty much all kind of raiding atm. destro isnt really worth the time and effort since it is so far behind all the other specs, so in short, play what you like, but afflic and demo is optimal.
    Thanks for the answers. I think I partly asked, because even tho I like Affliction most of the 3, I like Destruction more than Demo.

However, it seems like I am stuck with Demo, atleast during progress! Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the answers. I think I partly asked, because even tho I like Affliction most of the 3, I like Destruction more than Demo.
    I love destruction more than any other spec, but I cannot in good conscience take it into anything more than LFR. Doing so is putting my own needs above the needs of my friends, and making them carry more of a burden to make up for the DPS I am not outputting.

Go Affliction if you wanna top meters in all fights, and do the most dps.

Demonology it's very good in some fights but will never overcome a lock that knows to play perfectly with Affliction. Demonology will loose in all fights this tier that I can ensure you.

I will give you a list for the fights about those 2 specs, since I don't play destruction since Dragon Soul.

Mogu Vaults:

Stone Guards: Affliction. Demo will be top 5 if you know to play with it.

Feng HC: Affliction. Demo will top meters on shield phase.If you can hang on your dps until the fight ends, you clearly will be on top 5 again.

Gara'jal:Affliction.

Spirit Kings:Affliction.Demo it's very good here since this figh requires alot of movement.But again I will go Affliction for progress.

Elegon: AFFLICTION!

Will of Emperor: AFFLICTION!

Heart of Fear:

Zorlok:Affliction.Demo will perform good aswell since it's requires alot of movement like Spirit Kings.

Lord Ta'yak:Affliction.Demo isn't bad either. But affliction will stab you like a boss.

Garalon: AFFLICTION. Isn't a good fight for locks,though.

Wind Lord Meljarak: Well here Demonology will be a king at the phase 1(aoe phase), but at the 2nd phase your dps will drop alot and Affliction will do more dps at the end of the fight. But both are pretty viable. I might consider go Demonology next reset. Since I have a dagger o/ and don't need to be all the time moving.

Amber Shaper: Affliction. But I need to give a shot on Demonology when I'm more confident with this fight.

Empress: Affliction. Not sure with Demonology here.

Terrace of Endless Spring:

Protectors: Affliction. Demonology it's very good for movement aswell.

Tsulong: Affliction. If you're guild it's struggling with "day phase". You can always go Demonology for AOE more quickly.

Lei Shi: Affliction.

Sha of Fear: Affliction.

Garajal, Elegon, Will and Amber Shaper are all good Destruction fights if you know how to abuse Havoc and/or ember recovery on killing adds. Demo is beast on Wind Lord if you know how to keep Corruption and Doom rolling on 6 target, and I think that's pretty it. I would advise to learn all 3 specs though, you never know what the winds of nerfs will change.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Go Affliction if you wanna top meters in all fights, and do the most dps.

Mogu Vaults:

Feng HC: Affliction. Demo will top meters on shield phase.If you can hang on your dps until the fight ends, you clearly will be on top 5 again.
    I would say that Shield phase dps is the only dps that matters in this fight. The rest of the encounter is almost as easy as normal mode.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Any of the specs are extremely viable. Destruction, the lowest DPS spec, is still middle of the pack at worst.

I personally find Affliction dreadfully boring, so I run primarily Destro with a Demo OS. I usually rank 1-2 times a raid night swapping between those specs. /shrug

Do what's most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    Any of the specs are extremely viable. Destruction, the lowest DPS spec, is still middle of the pack at worst.

I personally find Affliction dreadfully boring, so I run primarily Destro with a Demo OS. I usually rank 1-2 times a raid night swapping between those specs. /shrug
    You find Affliction boring and choose Destro which has even less buttons to press and find that fun? Well then again Havocing is pretty awesome.. its all about preference in the end i guess.

I personally am very glad to drop demonology now that there is no more 10% SP buff. So it is affliction/destro for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I main spec demo and os affliction. I only go affliction for heavy multi dot fights (ie will). I hate affliction with a passion, as they made the dots sucks without mg up on them. and i prefered shadowbolt over mg. So I am heavy demo now. I do not care if I am beat by others, as I am still usually top dps in my guild 10m. Even beating out that fire mage and spriest who is slightly more geared than i am (sitting on ilvl 478/479)

Deleted
    my question is... if you're going to have DEMO/AFFLI or AFFLI/DEMO, which stats do you prioritize? Keeping in mind the usual AFFI = not hit capped, mastery>haste (4100 or 4700) and demo = hit capped and haste=> mastery... I like the demo/affli idea, just confused about the stat prio