Deleted

Rabid+lynx macro

Hi!

Would a rabid+lynx macro for a BM hunter make sense, or is it better to leave it on manual (or autocast)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnaroki View Post
    Hi!

Would a rabid+lynx macro for a BM hunter make sense, or is it better to leave it on manual (or autocast)?
    Personally, I take it off of auto cast and have it macrod into my lynx rush/BW and even if LR+BW are on CD when rabid comes up and if I know my pet will get the full 20 second duration, I hit it. Most people don't want to manage another CD so they just do what I do except for watching it or they just leave it on auto cast even though in some cases that could be a dps loss. There is also really no reason to macro it into LR as it doesn't increase the damage of the ability anymore (except for the reason I listed). I just have it macrod because of how it was before the hotfix and never changed it because I don't feel the need to.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-21 at 09:10 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Personally, I take it off of auto cast and have it macrod into my lynx rush/BW and even if LR+BW are on CD when rabid comes up and if I know my pet will get the full 20 second duration, I hit it. Most people don't want to manage another CD so they just do what I do except for watching it or they just leave it on auto cast even though in some cases that could be a dps loss. There is also really no reason to macro it into LR as it doesn't increase the damage of the ability anymore (except for the reason I listed). I just have it macrod because of how it was before the hotfix and never changed it because I don't feel the need to.
    Thanks for the fast answer

Deleted
    dont macro rabid with lynx rush u are losing dps.
    lynx rush dont increase ap anymore, they do hidden nerf on hability and tooltip is not updated u can test it when u use rabid pet dont increase ap%.
    increase haste of pet and when u are in lynx rush ur pet dont do autoattacks

sorry for my english i try explain more good i can.

Quote Originally Posted by bubalu View Post
    dont macro rabid with lynx rush u are losing dps.
    lynx rush dont increase ap anymore, they do hidden nerf on hability and tooltip is not updated u can test it when u use rabid pet dont increase ap%.
    increase haste of pet and when u are in lynx rush ur pet dont do autoattacks

sorry for my english i try explain more good i can.
    Well if you don't macro it (and do what I described above) it would just be another ability on your action bars and god knows hunters need more buttons. If you are concerned about dps then surely you wouldn't leave it on auto cast because you could potentially lose some of the duration.

That being said, the main reason to macro it to LR is for better cooldown management and that it wouldn't be another button, not waiting for LR to come off CD and use both.

So to sum it up, try using rabid whenever it's off CD and whenever you won't lose some of the duration. The macro just simplifies it and it would be tied to a key that you already press rather than giving another keybind.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-21 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a dps loss as prev. stated because it just raises the pet attack speed, which in turn doesn't synegize at all with lynx rush.
    When 5.1 hits it will be a ap increase again (iirc if not correct me) where macroing could be an option again.

On bosses like Feng (normal especially) leave it on autocast. You could turn it off on bosses with "lots" of transition or target swapping so rabid doesn't go off for 3 seconds on some noname add. But if you are considering this much of optimization you would know by now. As with most encounters lerning the mechanics and when to use what is a bigger dps increase than that.
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

Quote Originally Posted by CrenVerdis View Post
    It is a dps loss as prev. stated because it just raises the pet attack speed, which in turn doesn't synegize at all with lynx rush.
    When 5.1 hits it will be a ap increase again (iirc if not correct me) where macroing could be an option again.

On bosses like Feng (normal especially) leave it on autocast. You could turn it off on bosses with "lots" of transition or target swapping so rabid doesn't go off for 3 seconds on some noname add. But if you are considering this much of optimization you would know by now. As with most encounters lerning the mechanics and when to use what is a bigger dps increase than that.
    Nope, it isn't being changed back into AP. It is not a dps loss using it the way I stated but if you just wait to use it with lynx rush it is.