Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    You sound kind of high-maintenance. You badgered the GM for a raid spot, then played LFR for a bit, logged off to go somewhere, and logged on expecting an immediate invite. I'm guessing they were ready while you were on your way home from your BF's house, but had no way of knowing how soon you'd be available so they had to pug it. And the GM probably feels pissed that he held this spot open for you but you were offline and unreachable when the opportunity opened up.
    This.

I'm a raidleader myself and every second I have to wait for someone is a huge annoyance. It's not just me waiting but 9-24 others.
    So if they had to wait for you to get home I completely understand if they invited someone else.
    Also asking for raidspots is a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Morecowbell View Post
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/wowscrnshot112112183343.jpg

(Sorry couldn't link it because I just created this account and MMO won't let me. Copy and paste for screenshot.)

She knew about the raid, signed up for the raid but was in LFR during raid time. As I said in my previous post I tried getting her attention while she was in LFR so she could raid with us, but I could not get a response so off we went to raid. Even with all this I tried to get her in the raid but she went OFFLINE. So can we end this thread now? Kk thanks! Feel free everyone to bash my UI, I like my simple in game UI. Sorry to have spilled our guild troubles onto these forums. Take care everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Sounds reasonable.

Quoting mainly to show that this thread is resolved, for what good it will do. :P

Deleted
    Can't attend all raids + woman or gay male = BOOT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    The trick is to find a guild ran by an adult, not some high school student. Someone who doesn't live with mom and dad and actually has a job of their own. That way they'll be more understanding and willing to work with you having to raid around your work schedule.
    Actually, adults who work full-time and have other obligations outside the game understand the importance of time management and sticking to commitments, and will be even more annoyed by people who disrespect the limited time they have and the efforts they make to commit to a raid schedule. Turning up whenever it suits you and excusing yourself by saying 'I have a job' won't impress 24/9 other people who also have jobs but still showed up on time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maladicta View Post
    Actually, adults who work full-time and have other obligations outside the game understand the importance of time management and sticking to commitments, and will be even more annoyed by people who disrespect the limited time they have and the efforts they make to commit to a raid schedule. Turning up whenever it suits you and excusing yourself by saying 'I have a job' won't impress 24/9 other people who also have jobs but still showed up on time.
    ^ This.

Our GM is working on his PhD, one of the officers is working on his masters in education, we have one officer working on his accounting degree, other officer works a full time fairly nice paying job, I don't think anyone that actually has any choice in the guild or that raid leads in the guild I'm in lives with the parents or is jobless.

It's one of the main reasons they can't stand people who use the "Well I have X and Y to do" because they can always come back with "I did X Y and Z and still made it on time." This argument happens a lot.

All that is asked, is that if you can't make one or two raids NORMALLY that you let them know and understand that you will be replaced. If you have to miss a raid for work, coming in late, anything like that, let them know prior to raid (we have a forum thread dedicated to this) so they can replace you. But if you have to miss regularly, you're out.

Deleted
    How can you even be so clueless in the first place? I mean isn't it normal to join teamspeak/vent sometimes to talk with your mates about these and that? There you should get not only hints but well some real "feedback" if something is wrong. If there was some dude who just joins in raids and never ever does anything else with the gang, yeah those ppl get sorted out as soon as there is someone better...

Deleted
    Sounds like a crappy guild to begin with. The GM is afraid of being honest and managing the group. Get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    You do realise how easy it is for a whisper to be totally missed in the middle of a raid ?
    Is there any reason not to have whispers in a separate chat tab?

Deleted
    Having the GM ignore you makes it sound like the guild isn't the best one to be in, that kind of atmosphere is complete crap.

On the other hand - you're also seemingly unreliable, if I were GM I'd have a hard time justifying gearing up someone who can't attend all or the majority of raids - you're just throwing gear away at that point and imagine being the guy who's losing loot to someone who's there 1 raid night a week, I doubt they're having a great time.

The GM would frankly have made almost as bad of a choice by inviting you over someone if he had, though if he IS planning to replace you he should certainly have sat you aside and told you so, not done it on the sly and told you absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Having the GM ignore you makes it sound like the guild isn't the best one to be in, that kind of atmosphere is complete crap.

On the other hand - you're also seemingly unreliable, if I were GM I'd have a hard time justifying gearing up someone who can't attend all or the majority of raids - you're just throwing gear away at that point and imagine being the guy who's losing loot to someone who's there 1 raid night a week, I doubt they're having a great time.

The GM would frankly have made almost as bad of a choice by inviting you over someone if he had, though if he IS planning to replace you he should certainly have sat you aside and told you so, not done it on the sly and told you absolutely nothing.
    Eh. Read the whole thread.

Girl was invited to the raids, as she accepted the calendar invites. When it was time for her to come in she was busy doing other things or simply logged off.

I would've ignored the whispers too.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickHunter40245 View Post
    To avoid missing whispers in the future:
    1: Download WhisperN00bMSBT (Requires MikScrollingBattleText), which flashes the whisper on the screen and plays a loud noise when you get a whisper.
    2: Set the chat window to display whispers in their own tabs.
    Right because during a raid you want even more visual spam going on.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by florestan View Post
    Separate from what? If you mean behind the main chat that is going to house your DBM spam, raid warnings, and raid chat filters, then having it in another tab doesn't really fix the issue if you can't see it at the time. If you mean a tab that opens in a separate window for each whisper then yeah there is a good reason not to have that occurring during a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by florestan View Post
    Honestly, I've had the WoW Instant Messenger addon for as long as I can remember and I don't think I could function without it now. I'd end up MT'ing people all the time or missing whispers.

If you're in combat when the message comes in it's automatically minimized until combat is over and then it pops up where you can see it. If you have DBM set up to do it, it'll autoreply to the person as well if you're on a boss.

Anyways I'd say this thread seems to have resolved itself since the OP hasn't posted in many, many pages and her GM showed up in thread saying she was less than truthful and to come talk to him.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We usually run in to these situations where deadlines are not being met by certain players. While it may be for legit reasons which crop up at the last minute, it's often a case of players just being negligent and waiting till the last minute to either go out of their way to do something else or have poor time management with lack of foresight.

We have no issue if a player is unable to make it but certain efforts need to be met so we're all aware of the circumstances. Whether it's declining on the calendar, whispers/mail for the GM and/or officers, texting the GM (his info is available to all in the guild) or logging in to vent for a quick explanation. If players simply ignore all of these steps and fail to show up but accept the invite, we bench them and bring in one of our reliable pugs as soon as the raid time starts.

Unfortunately, this usually happens to one or two players per week who just can't care enough to be responsible for their in-game commitment and cost the other raiders time and chance of progression. It's pretty much been one of the top reasons why we are struggling as much as we are because those players force us to pug and have other raiders swap to their secondary rolls which are often weaker.

People will often blame the GM for being an ass but it's often the other way around when all the details come forward.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

K, so you get a new job that conflicts with your previous raid schedule and miss 2 raids. Thats prolly not a good start.

The guild tries raiding on a new day that actually works for you. You choose to do LFR on an alt until they finish the bosses you don't need and then expect them to kick someone from the raid so you can come get epics ?

Yeah... if I were the guildleader in that position, you'd be lucky not to get a reply from me on that.

A raider raids, regardless of whether its farm or progression.

Quote Originally Posted by maladicta View Post
    Thank you.

Deleted
    That's why I love LFD/LFR.
    No more guild nightmare. Good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the op finally removed her signature with all her toon info, I wonder how many people bugged her on her characters for this thread? Morale of the thread, careful what you post I guess :/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what mmo-champ forums would be like if all guild drama had to be discussed here. Just talk to the guy, no need to forge up a 7 page thread about an extremly common situation. If you're out you're out, life is unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Wonder what mmo-champ forums would be like if all guild drama had to be discussed here. Just talk to the guy, no need to forge up a 7 page thread about an extremly common situation. If you're out you're out, life is unfair.
    It would be an old-west ghost town with tumble-weeds rolling through :P