Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Jaina's turned from a stable character to a freaking fruit loop.

Saying on the one hand its alright for her to hate the horde because of theramore is one thing, but so far she's changed her mind back and forth between believeing in peace to wanting to destroy the horde.

Sorry, but this is terrible writing, it borders on the same inconsistency that Garrosh has. When this wars all over, will be go something like this?
    Hardly in fact her 5.1 text gives us the exact opposite indication of this.
    At no point after Theramore does she mention any desire to destroy the Horde she simply states that the Horde keep back stabbing her when she tries to bridge relations and as such see's no point in continuing to mend a relationship the Horde obviously doesn't want.

What do you expect her to do?
    Honestly the Horde have blown up her city and now have started using insurgents in her new city, not to mention how the Horde in the first place obviously had no love Dalaran as they killed it's previous leader, nobody in their wildest imagination would continue to treat the Horde as anything but hostile at this point.

There isn't inconsistency. There's a character who wants to trust the Horde and keeps trying but they keep backstabbing her so she retaliates. Sounds reasonable.
    You said you understood her going crazy, and yet you also in past said you wanted the old level headed Jaina back so you got it. Then the Horde betray her a second time, so she retaliates in a very very reasonable manner by imprisoning the guilty organisation. She isn't loopy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    He was low on mana!!
    [Arcane Torrent]
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, on the Jaina crazy thing that Trassk was on about. There is a quest in 5.1 that sends you to Dalaran, she meets with Anduin and tells him about her initial plan to decimate Orgrimmar.

She is ashamed of that very thought and since then she spoke to Kalecgos about power etc.

It helps if you play both factions to get where characters are going. Silencer has the Alliance versions up so take a look.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Yeah, on the Jaina crazy thing that Trassk was on about. There is a quest in 5.1 that sends you to Dalaran, she meets with Anduin and tells him about her initial plan to decimate Orgrimmar.
    was it just me or did Jaina's model look kinda tiny
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post

She is ashamed of that very thought and since then she spoke to Kalecgos about power etc.

It helps if you play both factions to get where characters are going. Silencer has the Alliance versions up so take a look.
    Meh people moan about any of Jaina's attitudes.
    People said she had become a derailed character after Theramore as she became a bit angry, even though this attitude is effectively removed by the end of the book.
    People then got a neutral Jaina and weren't happy as it essentially meant Theramore had had no adverse psychological effects on her which kinda defeated the point of her city being blown up if all it did was bring her closer to the Horde than further away.
    Now we see people saying that she's angry again and they don't like it.

As far as I'm concerned anyway you only have to read the quest text and watch the Jaina discussion with Anduin to realise she isn't crazy at all. She still wanted to trust the Horde but they didn't want any of it, so she imprisoned the Sunreavers and didn't go on a bloodbath like people are acting like she did.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much!!!

please just give us a video!

Quote Originally Posted by lixxon View Post
    please just give us a video!
    As I sad, currently working on it, hope I will have everything done from Horde and Alliance in monday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Hardly in fact her 5.1 text gives us the exact opposite indication of this.
    At no point after Theramore does she mention any desire to destroy the Horde she simply states that the Horde keep back stabbing her when she tries to bridge relations and as such see's no point in continuing to mend a relationship the Horde obviously doesn't want.

What do you expect her to do?
    Honestly the Horde have blown up her city and now have started using insurgents in her new city, not to mention how the Horde in the first place obviously had no love Dalaran as they killed it's previous leader, nobody in their wildest imagination would continue to treat the Horde as anything but hostile at this point.

There isn't inconsistency. There's a character who wants to trust the Horde and keeps trying but they keep backstabbing her so she retaliates. Sounds reasonable.
    You said you understood her going crazy, and yet you also in past said you wanted the old level headed Jaina back so you got it. Then the Horde betray her a second time, so she retaliates in a very very reasonable manner by imprisoning the guild organisation. She isn't loopy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:30 PM ----------

[Arcane Torrent]
    Sorry Trassk, but the guy's got a point. It's only this far you can be Ron Paul, until somebody stabs you in the back 2x by killing everyone you ever knew and loved and than starting to do it again.

Beside, while Jaina has every right to be ticked off, it's not her fault that Garrosh is treating other members of the Horde like his bi7ches.
    It's not like anyone in Alliance (except maybe Anduin) know's what happening in the Horde right now, what with inner rebelion and other non-orc members not agreeing with him; bloodelves were given only 2 choiced by Garrosh, do what he says, or axe to the chest..

So Jaina can't know that Sunreavers were forced to streal the devine bell.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 02:16 PM ----------

I'm liking lor'themar more and more.
    Seeing Garrosh's hipocracy on Obama level.=P
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2012-12-08 at 02:43 PM.

soon see the purge of dalaran

I'm kinda glad Blood Elves are starting to bring something into the game. But really, how was it possible that they felt so low? I mean, look. Blizzard made a storyline, where Garrosh shows how he does not care about his allies and sees them only as meat to throw on enemies. And well, to support the storyline Blizzard had to get a race as an example. Is it only me, or are Blood Elves a default choice for "being the victims of humiliation"?

But, to be honest, I'd like to see Lor'Themar cross blades with Garrosh. He has every reason for it now. But, seeing the way Blizzard threats Blood Elves, after small tantrum he is going to go back into his mild and apathic state.

And, anyway... Is it only me, or is there something really stupid about this whole "ally hating" thing Garrosh has? I mean, yes, he hates Alliance, thats a good thing, but he could mess Alliance with allies. Conflict with Trolls - understandable thing, their leader kinda said "i gonna shoot you with an arrow new orc, mon", and those are quite a fight words. But why is he doing everything to make Blood Elves hate him as well? They are perfect allies of Garrosh! Is h going to build a new throne room with goblin babies now, to piss the only remaining friends as well? Well, this whole mess makes totally no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Beside, while Jaina has every right to be ticked off, it's not her fault that Garrosh is treating other members of the Horde like his bi7ches.
    It's not like anyone in Alliance (except maybe Anduin) know's what happening in the Horde right now, what with inner rebelion and other non-orc members not agreeing with him; bloodelves were given only 2 choiced by Garrosh, do what he says, or axe to the chest.
    Varian knows and if he, Anduin and Jaina know then so do all the other leaders in the Alliance. Varian mention this is iirc in ToW (Most likely his son told him after meeting Baine) and definitely mentions this at the end of the 5.1 Alliance questline where he says "His Horde already crumbles beneath him".

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    So Jaina can't know that Sunreavers were forced to streal the devine bell.
    Oh she knows they were possibly forced "It's important to separate Garrosh from the Horde".
    But the fact remains that they couldn't have been left in Dalaran, willingly or not they are still Horde and as such will follow Garrosh as they have shown. So she does the most merciful thing she could which is incarcerate them after telling Aethas to leave peacefully, she didn't go on a bloodbath or anything.

People are acting as if imprisoning an organisation that includes Blood Elves more loyal to Garrosh than the Kirin Tor is suddenly the worst act ever committed.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-09 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    People are acting as if imprisoning an organisation that includes Blood Elves more loyal to Garrosh than the Kirin Tor is suddenly the worst act ever committed.
    Hmm, the way I understood the whole thing, was that she tried to imprisonate every single Sunreaver, and the ones who resisted, she killed. If that is the most merciful thing she could do, then I don't want to be at her mercy when she is mad. But it's pretty hard to know EXACTLY what is going to happen/happened in Dalaran before we actually see some footage from the quest.

Alliance questline has some flaws.... "Horde invaded here took that ancient powerful artifact! And they used the kirin tor to get it! go kill them in krasarang some more and then come back to me in 2 or 3 days and we will kill them all to make sure they don't take it somewhere 'safe', Yeah!"

Sunreaver or reliquary infiltrated

Fanlyr Silverthorn is a level 90 blood elf first encountered on Pandaria. Though he spends much of his time directing members of the Horde and the Reliquary (at Garrosh Hellscream's personal behest), his later actions suggest he is a member of the Sunreavers, who (like Thalen Songweaver before him) is following the Warchief's direct orders.
    Fanlyr is the first to discover information on the [Divine Bell], and informs Garrosh of it. He is also part of the blood elven force sent to Kun-Lai Summit, and survived the mogu ambush; later, Fanlyr joins Regent Lord Lor'themar Theron on his trip to the Valley of the Emperors, and pleads with Garrosh not to slay a captured mogu warlord, so he could be taken in for questioning. Garrosh stays his hand, but threatens to put Fanlyr's head on a pike outside Orgrimmar should he disrespect the Warchief again.
    Under orders from the Warchief Fanlyr used a Sunreaver portal to transport himself and Horde champions to Darnassus, where the Alliance had hidden the Divine Bell. After capturing the Bell Fanlyr sends it to Silvermoon and orders his companion(s) to go through the portal while he covers their tracks. However despite his best efforts Jaina Proudmoore discovers that someone was able to circumvent her wards and later goes to purge/imprison the Sunreavers. Fanlyr gets word of this and sends Horde champions to report to Grand Magister Rommath who leads a successfully rescue mission which frees Aethas Sunreaver and a number of Sunreavers, though more seem to remain imprisoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Darkmoon Faire is over I'm going to miss that rep buff so I can get to the story quests faster.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    but it isnt the most cute and fluffy act ever either
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    In a time of war where said faction has aided one faction in acquiring a WMD to commit another Theramore then it is the right thing.
    It isn't cute and fluffy, but the last time she was cute and fluffy the Horde destroyed her city.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elves4everr View Post
    Hmm, the way I understood the whole thing, was that she tried to imprisonate every single Sunreaver, and the ones who resisted, she killed. If that is the most merciful thing she could do, then I don't want to be at her mercy when she is mad. But it's pretty hard to know EXACTLY what is going to happen/happened in Dalaran before we actually see some footage from the quest.
    Tell me what she could've done that wouldn't have put more lives in jeopardy.
    The Sunreavers remaining in Dalaran is not a good thing anymore.

Flip-flops Drek? I think you're grasping at straws.
    Seems Jaina has finally given up on the whole peace-keeper buisness
    When the Horde mercilessly annihilate your entire nation, how could you possibly stay pacifist? Even the shitty horde-loving cdev couldn't make it work with Jaina; they were able to squeeze Malfurion into that bullshit role, but Ashenvale wasn't mana bombed.

Shes been having major flip flops recently

Before Theremore she was all peace at all costs,
    And found out what cost her, thousands of citizens she was sworn to protect dead, along with her friends.

then the next day she is enjoying causing pain and agony to Orcs.
    because those disgusting animals were responsible for all of it
    At Dalaran she refuses to pledge the city to the Alliance, saying its a syombol of what life could be,
    Because despite all of it, and her initial rage at the Horde, even then, she was willing to try and forgive grievances and betrayal, specifically of the Sunreavers.

the later she is purging the city.
    Fun fun fun.
    because when she forgave them, they went right ahead and BETRAYED HER again. She's not going to let it happen a third time or ever again. The Horde cannot ever be trusted. Im sure if they could work it into the story you'd have Horde betrayers cheap shotting the Alliance and abusing the neutrality via the Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle too.

Oh please. You act like enforcement and police action is a bad thing but your horde crimes and backstabbing is acceptable and honourable.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Alliance questline has some flaws.... "Horde invaded here took that ancient powerful artifact! And they used the kirin tor to get it! go kill them in krasarang some more and then come back to me in 2 or 3 days and we will kill them all to make sure they don't take it somewhere 'safe', Yeah!"
    The Alliance flaw was having Sarannha Skyglaive exist.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 08:12 PM ----------

Not when its a leader, a leader needs to overcome such things. Jaina's acting like Varian use to be and Garrosh does now. And we know what that kind of leader ends up as.
    She's not acting like either of them. She's not going to be a doormat for backstabbing little horde filth who hijack neutrality to attack the Alliance. Do you not get that? Do you not know what Garrosh intends to do with this MOgu hardware? Or do you seem to think turning a blind eye, as the Alliance has done since the start of the WoW timeline, to the Hordes BS is going to be acceptable when the Horde seeks to enslave, commit genocide, and destroy their people? "the shit got real" when garrosh made it clear what his intentions are for Alliance races. It's not something that can be overlooked and ignored as it was when Thrall was the warchief and could rein in the murderous filth he called his people.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2012-12-09 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you very much for the vids! I hope to see the other quest video of the Horde Quickly to prepare my RP campaign for my blood elf guild

This patch is a little tragic for my favorite race but it's interesting at playing in roleplay and i hope to see the blood elf riposte againt the Alliance and Garrosh.

15+ Year Old Account
    The final quests were pretty good, Loved the monkey king stuff

This part bugged me, the buff I got kept ripping me out of shadow form
    Sig by Safhira