All these informative spam bots

All these spam bots posting "informative" information are starting to annoy me. What is their deal? If I want to know about lawn tennis, fifa, samsung, call of duty, babolat, spartacus, social engine, or DRN-chinese company, I can just look at wikipedia or something. I am getting annoyed

Do we just report each post? How are they getting through user account creation?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Mods are asleep I guess?

Deleted
    I thought those posts were rather weird, didn't know they were a spam-bot though. Not sure what the point of them is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's an actual guy who's terribly misunderstood the concept of a discussion forum?

Report, and move on. When the moderators can, they'll deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Maybe it's an actual guy who's terribly misunderstood the concept of a discussion forum?
    Maybe he is He just needs help and you guys are getting mad at him. Wonder why he stops after 10 posts though.

Yeah, just report the post. Mods act pretty swiftly once it's reported.

And hey, even though there's a ton of mods, they still can't be everywhere at once. Especially with how popular this site is and how many spambot accounts get created. So help them out with reporting posts; it'll make a better forum experience for us all.

Taking care of it right now.