Poll: Is Ancient Portal: Dalaran fun?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    It's funny and it's mostly his fault for clicking it, but I wouldn't expect you to feel bad because you're a Mage.
    I'd bet that you created the portal on top of the banquet, though.
    Nevermind how damn difficult it is to get one conjured item to land on top of another these days (I believe Blizzard has put some sort of conjured item clipping in place - even when I try, the portal spawns an inch to the left of when I may be trying to 'cover up'), I assure you, I lined up a mage table, a banquet and a portal all in a row, a kind of 'pick your poison' type situation.

But I understand how that'd be hard to believe :-P

In fairness, the people who gave Ret. Paladins the reputation they have are currently playing Night Elf Frost Death Knights or Blood Elf Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Or, from the victim's point of view, you learn. DPS get a pretty quick queue, so he'll be back pretty soon. If he's a quick learner, he'll never click a random portal again, ever. Some are slow learners though...

That's also why as a healer its great to "slack" instead of focusing on keeping everyone who is taking unnecessary damage topped off. If some fellow nearly dies (or dies) he'll make sure not to take unnecessary damage. I've been on both sides of the fence in this regard. Like first boss Jade Serpent some DPS just like to stand in the swirling beam (dealing 50% of their health as damage). Its always ranged, and almost always an arcane mage (why be arcane anyway?). Tank says, heal the mage. I'm thinking like if you wanna be so pro, go use blink, ice block, and evocate but if you wanna slack I'll show you you got queued with the wrong healer.

So I can say, lighten up. F.e. getting ganked is much worse waste of time (for both persons) than a silly prank like this.
    Trust me, I learned about the random portal thing back in Ultima Online. You'd just see random portals people would open in town, and while most were benign, or to a dungeon for farming, a few were trollish. Like in the middle of a pen of tough monsters that would kill you in 2 seconds flat. And then the person would usually loot your corpse.

Asheron's Call, you'd learn to be careful about where player portals sent you. There weren't really any "troll" portals, but you could easily end up in an area with stuff you couldn't handle. Or meant for a group of players.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    You had fun messing up someone else's game? I do not think that is always fun. Someone might think its fun to go to your house, trash your room and use your bed as a toilet. They could be rolling around laughing but you may not find it such fun. I believe in karma so maybe one day when others are having a good laugh at something that happens to you remember all the 'fun' you had in game fucking over someone else
    Thing is... he clicked that portal himself. He did it to himself. Shouldn't be clicking a portal in the middle of a raid anyway. Same stuff used to happen with mole machines. I'd understand more if he was opening a portal to Dalaran for someone who asked, tricking him like that. That'd be kinda shitty to do. Though I'm not above pranking a friend like that. (Though I can easily follow and mass rez them when they die, then summon a real portal...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Been feeling terribly guilty, but like I said, that feeling is waning pretty quickly :-P

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 04:00 AM ----------

Haha, now that's a good one. The tooltip for mouseover on the Jaina portal says "Portal to Dalaran" just like a mage's portal too? It's almost like the mage portal designer is ENCOURAGING us to troll.
    Exactly this.
    Ask yourself why the portal is half a mile in the air... BY DESIGN.
    By *design*, it's intended to be a death trap.
    Therefor, if someone falls for it, you shouldn't feel bad. It's literally, in every sense of the word...

... working as intended.

Fun fact: There's a dead paladin NPC near the dropzone too. Even NPC's fall for it.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

So wait a second... you were in a random PUG and decided to troll/grief other random players? It's one thing to do this to your friends as a joke but some random anonymous stranger?

You are not original.

Yeah, very "good", "funny" and "innovative" "joke". Teach me master.

It is possible again to open portals in LFR?

In DS LFR they removed the ability to cast portals, nothing more fun than people sending to Theramore waiting for the portal to Hagara.
    Oh wait, sending them to death would be even more fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    OP is winning.

And more innocent than my LFR pranks.. which usually involved summoning people to the old Eye of Eternity as the raid was going to Hagara,starting the encounter, then leaving just before the portal shuts.

Best thing is that people never remember who summoned... attention span zero
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    This is a great example of the toxicity that has crept into the WOW community. Childish pranks like this, which waste player's time and mucks with their game experience, are pathetic. I don't think you really feel bad, seeing as you are basically bragging about it on MMO Champ.
    I think it's funny. Having to walk back and resurrect during trash is really not that bad. That he got kicked was not the OP's fault. They could have summoned him or be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    OP is winning.

And more innocent than my LFR pranks.. which usually involved summoning people to the old Eye of Eternity as the raid was going to Hagara,starting the encounter, then leaving just before the portal shuts.

Best thing is that people never remember who summoned... attention span zero
    I bet only because there are no social consequences.

The people who designed that glyph, as well as Leap of Faith and the fuckers who use them need to be executed.

I vote for this sucks, and "toxicity" is a good way to describe the kind of WOW environment you are creating. You degrade the world for others, then complain to high heaven when you are on the receiving end of such garbage.

/sigh

Dont feel bad, feel good!

People need to learn that you have to actually open your eyes before clicking anything. And thats not wow only related...
    Remeber the fifth boss in dragonsoul? Where the group was standing on this tower, waiting for aportal to pop up?
    I sent LOADS of people to theramore here ,some twice, some thrice (well there are warriors, and their learning curve aint THAT steep). But finally i got myself a bunch of educated coraiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Dont feel bad, feel good!

People need to learn that you have to actually open your eyes before clicking anything. And thats not wow only related...
    Remeber the fifth boss in dragonsoul? Where the group was standing on this tower, waiting for aportal to pop up?
    I sent LOADS of people to theramore here ,some twice, some thrice (well there are warriors, and their learning curve aint THAT steep). But finally i got myself a bunch of educated coraiders.
    I guess it's too much to expect the others in the group to not behave like asshats.

Deleted
    Sometimes I like to put down a few portals in one spot and play Russian Roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    The portal to stoneard at the end of every TBC raid was hilarious fun. My raids Mage in TBC was such a funny fucker.
    Oh yeah portal to Stonard! good stuff. But not just in tbc!

Putting stonard portals just before Hagara portal opens; even more classic: i Dalaran when the whole faction would be waiting for the wintergrasp portal, putting the stonard portal at the portal spawn point was hella fun lol!

I played a shaman back then though and we've had our moments too lol:

Casting water walking on players falling down on the way to Anub'Arak? priceless! (both in Azjol Nerub and ToTC).

OT: No OP, its not your fault for whatever happened to the paladin; maybe you should have just asked them to wait for him; at least once; then again it takes 5 people to kick someone and we cant be responsible for that part.

Deleted
    Oh look, mages are even more annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    The people who designed that glyph, as well as Leap of Faith and the fuckers who use them need to be executed.
    Leap of Faith is brilliant. It's a mouthbreather nullification tool for priests, for one.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Casting water walking on players falling down on the way to Anub'Arak? priceless! (both in Azjol Nerub and ToTC).
    Ah yeah, I remember dks doing that with their paths of frost. Also remember the drama when said dks got kicked from the raid and saved just before last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    Ah yeah, I remember dks doing that with their paths of frost. Also remember the drama when said dks got kicked from the raid and saved just before last boss.
    Served them right. Too bad it was impossible to check which of the dks were using patch of frost and some were unjustly removed.