Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That's what this whole thread smells like.
    mens rights activists are the reason their movement is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    The fact that "feminists" tend to dismiss men seeking equality as "hateful" are exactly why I cannot take most feminists seriously, and are quite frankly, the reason many people view the feminist movement itself as a joke.

could say the same about women's rights activists, and many idiots do

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The fact that "feminists" tend to dismiss men seeking equality as "hateful" are exactly why I cannot take most feminists seriously.
    thats cute, but feminists have actually made steps toward their goals. maybe because they were actually seeking instead equal rights instead of using as a front for thinly veiled sexism.

instead of using as a front for thinly veiled sexism.
    Thanks for basically reaffirming my point yet again.

Thanks for basically reaffirming my point yet again.
    this entire thread has reaffirmed mine. but keep fighting against the feminists keeping you down.

I feel very strongly about the importance of men's equal rights. I don't see how that's incompatible with being a feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I feel very strongly about the importance of men's equal rights. I don't see how that's incompatible with being a feminist.
    It isn't. A true feminist is for gender equality. It's these "feminists" (the quotes are there for a reason) who just blindly scream "Misogny! Hate!" when men bring up issues that are part of the problem, not the solution. We have posters here constantly referring to men's rights as a "joke" yet don't realize in their hypocrisy that they are the very same people that perpetuate the stereotypes that feminism is a joke.

Deleted
    Men getting abused by women? I...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Men getting abused by women? I...
    You find it hard to believe that women abuse men?

It's not only men that abuse women, women also abuse other people whether you find it weird or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You find it hard to believe that women abuse men?

It's not only men that abuse women, women also abuse other people whether you find it weird or not.
    Indeed.

From the Mayo Clinic website:

You might be experiencing domestic violence if your partner:

Calls you names, insults you or puts you down
    Prevents you from going to work or school
    Stops you from seeing family members or friends
    Tries to control how you spend money, where you go or what you wear
    Acts jealous or possessive or constantly accuses you of being unfaithful
    Gets angry when drinking alcohol or using drugs
    Threatens you with violence or a weapon
    Hits, kicks, shoves, slaps, chokes or otherwise hurts you, your children or your pets
    Assaults you while you're sleeping, you've been drinking or you're not paying attention to make up for a difference in strength
    Forces you to have sex or engage in sexual acts against your will
    Blames you for his or her violent behavior or tells you that you deserve it
    Portrays the violence as mutual and consensual

If you're gay, bisexual or transgender, you might also be experiencing domestic violence if you're in a relationship with someone who:

Threatens to tell friends, family, colleagues or community members your sexual orientation or gender identity
    Tells you that authorities won't help a gay, bisexual or transgender person
    Tells you that leaving the relationship means you're admitting that gay, bisexual or transgender relationships are deviant
    Justifies abuse by telling you that you're not "really" gay, bisexual or transgender
    Says that men are naturally violent

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that "feminists" tend to dismiss men seeking equality as "hateful" are exactly why I cannot take most feminists seriously, and are quite frankly, the reason many people view the feminist movement itself as a joke.
    I'd like to think that I've been fairly accommodating and polite throughout this discussion, and yet am likely one of the most resolute feminists on this board. Please don't make generalizations based on disagreements with a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I'd like to think that I've been fairly accommodating and polite throughout this discussion, and yet am likely one of the most resolute feminists on this board. Please don't make generalizations based on disagreements with a few people.
    The quotes were there for a reason. "Feminists" = Not true feminists.

What is feminism anyway? Isn't that, like, female chauvinism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    What is feminism anyway? Isn't that, like, female chauvinism?
    Feminism is the study of gender equality and social status of the genders from the modern and historical perspective as a female (my definition). A more technical one is: Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women. In addition, feminism seeks to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist is "an advocate or supporter of the rights and equality of women." Either way, its approaching egalitarianism from the perspective of a woman.

The quotes were there for a reason. "Feminists" = Not true feminists.
    Ahhh... very good than, my apologies.

Further, I've noticed men starting to come out of the woodwork a little bit more on online support forums for domestic violence and sexual assault victims in recent years. I think this issue needs more attention. It's kind of freeing in a way, to realize that it's not just women who face these problems. I think it helps a lot of female survivors avoid the "all men are bad" mindset when they see that some of the people supporting them are male victims.

I think that addressing male equality has real benefits for women in other ways too. Men having equal family rights means women aren't required to be the primary care-giver. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I've never been discriminated against or seen any male discrimination personally
    I don't mean to make it seem like there aren't issues, it's just that I haven't experienced or seen them in my everyday life, so I wouldn't be interested joining a movement like that.
    have you ever worked in a place where you were the only male and the rest of the employees were all females?i have-and the females love to trash talk,flirt,talk about sex and relationships.but man o man as soon as the lone male "me"makes one comment-bang your fucked. males are discriminated against even more so white males. everything from affirmative action to women s rights- discriminates against males.

what i find very funny but sad at the same time.is the fact we always see women wanting to be equal to men.women want equal pay and all that.but we never see women wanting to be made eligible for the draft or women wanting to pay child support.courts usually just give women there kids,why is that if we are all equal?

women want all the good things without getting the bad things throw at them,like being drafted for war.

Yes I have. Some are full of hate, that one about forcing women to carry a baby against her will really turned by stomach, for example. But asserting that this thread is "full of it" is an exaggeration.
    I did not say that the thread was full of hate I said that some of the post are full of hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I did not say that the thread was full of hate I said that some of the post are full of hate.
    Only men carry unreasonable hate from being treated unfairly, we know.
    Moving on.