[QUOTE=Wells;19199855]Its called benevolent sexism. They don't care that she's hitting him because she's a woman and she's weak./QUOTE]

And of emotional abuse?

And again, even if you accept the spurious idea that a man getting the shit beat out of him is a woman's problem, what are men supposed to do? Wait for women's groups to get around to it in their own time? TBH I don't see that issue being at the forefront of their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    im insinuating that there is a rejection and demonization of things considered feminine in western society, which goes back thousands of years and lingers to this day.

well my assertion is actually supported by history.
    I'd like for you to supply this evidence so I know what you're specifically referring to.

And these feminist traits were only demonized when they were applied to men.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Lol... yeah ok. Men don't run the WESTERN world. Everyone gets an equal vote.

Besides that, women have done nothing to show they'd run the world any better. They're certainly no less violent.
    That's adorable that you think votes matter and not money. White men have all the money. White men have all the power. White men rule and run the world. Open and shut case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah women get their pick of which man is in charge. Its less so now, but for the last several hundred years western society has been ruled by men. There's a pretty solid argument to be made that the current set of discriminatory practices that men see are a result of men.
    Women are free to run too.

Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    Men run the world, so if the world is shitty, it's because of men.
    And this means that men's rights can't be considered? Since men that weren't me created a "shitty world," I, as a male, don't have any say?

That's adorable that you think votes matter and not money. White men have all the money. White men have all the power. White men rule and run the world. Open and shut case.
    I certainly don't run the goddamn world any more than women. The vast majority of white men don't rule and run the world.

Stop pretending as if we all benefit.

AND THIS STILL DOESN'T ADDRESS WHAT MEN ARE SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT GETTING THE SHIT BEAT OUT OF THEM.

And again, even if you accept the spurious idea that a man getting the shit beat out of him is a woman's problem, what are men supposed to do? Wait for women's groups to get around to it in their own time? TBH I don't see that issue being at the forefront of their agenda.
    IDK, look at it this way. Now more than ever is a woman who hits her guy frowned upon. Is it because of the headway the MRM has made (lol)? Or is because women's rights have advanced to the point where society no longer views them as weaker then men for the most part and so is less likely to look the other way?

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:34 AM ----------

Women are free to run too.
    I really hope you're not trying to imply that the reason men run our government is because women don't want to.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by terrorsolda View Post
    And this means that men's rights can't be considered? Since men that weren't me created a "shitty world," I, as a male, don't have any say?
    Who said that? Jesus christ.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:36 AM ----------

I certainly don't run the goddamn world any more than women. The vast majority of white men don't rule and run the world.

You're completely missing the point, good job.

What he's saying is that men rule the western world so if the western world carries prejudiced practices against men that's on men, not women.

AND THIS STILL DOESN'T ADDRESS WHAT MEN ARE SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT GETTING THE SHIT BEAT OUT OF THEM.
    All white men benefit from the current paradigm. Some more than others, true. But all, nonetheless. If you're that concerned that violence, create a movement to curb and address issues of violence.

IDK, look at it this way. Now more than ever is a woman who hits her guy frowned upon. Is it because of the headway the MRM has made (lol)? Or is because women's rights have advanced to the point where society no longer views them as weaker then men for the most part and so is less likely to look the other way?
    Really? No one standing up for a man openly getting hit by a woman and the near ubiquity of women slapping men in television and film is "less acceptable than ever"? I don't remember ever seeing a man get slapped on the Andy Griffith show. I'm pretty sure violence against men is MORE acceptable than ever.

I really hope you're not trying to imply that the reason men run our government is because women don't want to.
    I'm suggesting no such thing. I'm saying that women had the opportunity to elect a perfectly qualified woman to the Presidency in 2008 and opted not to.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:38 AM ----------

All white men benefit from the current paradigm. Some more than others, true. But all, nonetheless. If you're that concerned that violence, create a movement to curb and address issues of violence.
    There's already a movement for that but you consider it a joke.

Ok then let me ask you this. Even if I buy that "if all women's issues are solved, so will men's" then what do you expect us to do? Wait for women's groups to get around to the whole "beating the shit out of men is okay" thing in their own sweet goddamn time?
    im just saying you're going about it wrong. "mens rights" is a ridiculous concept in a society where men gave the rights and seems at best antagonistic and divisive, at worst completely self centered and deluded. especially with the constant minimization of womens issues and thinly veiled misogyny present.

unfortunately the problem is so tangled i cant think of any ready solution.

Really? No one standing up for a man openly getting hit by a woman and the near ubiquity of women slapping men in television and film is "less acceptable than ever"? I don't remember ever seeing a man get slapped on the Andy Griffith show. I'm pretty sure violence against men is MORE acceptable than ever.
    I'm sure you are.
    I'm suggesting no such thing. I'm saying that women had the opportunity to elect a perfectly qualified woman to the Presidency in 2008 and opted not to.
    Yeah they chose the black guy instead, I won't fault them on that front. Point stands. World is still run by men by and large.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Because, in the end, it was and still remains a shitload worse for women. Maybe I'd take it a little bit more seriously if i'd ever personally experienced negative male discrimination before, but as it stands I have not.
    I was once denied a job that i was perfectly qualified for and referred to by a friend working there, because the company needed to fill a quota of women to hire. In the end, the spot was filled by an underqualified women that got fired a month and a half later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    im just saying you're going about it wrong. "mens rights" is a ridiculous concept in a society where men gave the rights and seems at best antagonistic and divisive, at worst completely self centered and deluded. especially with the constant minimization of womens issues and thinly veiled misogyny present.

unfortunately the problem is so tangled i cant think of any ready solution.
    Here's a crazy thought. Why don't we start by teaching girls it's not okay to hit men except in self defense?

Here's a crazy thought. Why don't we start by teaching girls it's not okay to hit men except in self defense?
    Now its been several years since I was in elementary school but I'm pretty sure they teach kids its not ok to hit anyone.

I'm sure you are.
    Not even kidding. Do you really think there were that many instances of women hitting men in film before the 90s?

Yeah they chose the black guy instead, I won't fault them on that front. Point stands. World is still run by men by and large.
    So in 2016 if Hilary runs again and the DNC nominates a white guy?

There's already a movement for that but you consider it a joke.
    Because the concept of "Men's Rights" is a joke.

Presidents don't run the world. Congress men don't run the world. Corporations do. White men run corporations and their money buys and sells the politicians.
    Last edited by DJKalteraphine; 2012-11-24 at 08:46 AM.

Now its been several years since I was in elementary school but I'm pretty sure they teach kids its not ok to hit anyone.
    Yeah like kids listen to teachers. What about the media?

Not even kidding. Do you really think there were that many instances of women hitting men in film before the 90s?
    No they were all either being damsels in distress or filling other womanly roles. None the less I stand by what I said.
    Then the DNC will continue making headway on women in public office.

Because the concept of "Men's Rights" is a joke.
    You're either doing a masterful job of trolling or I feel bad for you. You say in one post there should be a movement to stop violence against men and when I say there's already one for it, you're calling it a joke again. So which is it?

Yeah like kids listen to teachers. What about the media?
    Good luck! Try not to spend too much time comparing circumcision to third world genital mutilation so that they'll take your movement seriously!