Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I think for such slight benefits, the child should have a say.

Should tattooing a child be legal?
    what are the medical benefits of tattoos?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    what are the medical benefits of tattoos?
    Its not a medical procedure.

I think for such slight benefits, the child should have a say.

Should tattooing a child be legal?
    Well then you're free to have your child wait. Small government for you big government for others eh?

But a surgical procedure with no discernible benefit in western society (absent phimosis) and risks (however small) is just fine?

By that logic it should be perfectly fine for a parent to tattoo their child. A practice which, by the way, is illegal pretty much everywhere. Even states that allow tattooing of minors (with parental consent) consider tattooing a child a serious offense. California calls it "aggravated mayhem" or, lesser, "child endangerment".
    But getting a tattoo is different then having a surgical procedure. And getting a tattoo is still seen in a negative light by society at large so now you have a child that will grow up with this negative stigma on them and depending on the tattoo it is a long and more painful process than getting circumcised. Yes they can get the tattoo removed but then they would have to go through a long painful and costly process to do so.

If anything getting circumcised is closer to have your ears pierced as a child, which I have had done. The holes in my ears are permanent now and getting the holes put in was painful and the fresh holes had to be taken care of as not to cause infection or for them to close back up.

The question is, did it damage me in some way to get that done? Is my life less because my parent wanted me to have pierced ears? The answer is no and in most cases for men that that have been circumcised the answer for them is no as well. Now with any type of surgical procedure there is a chance for problems. So for a few men there are problems that another surgical procedure will be needed to correct it.

Or we could even compare it to have an extra finger, or toe remove if you would like.

Its not a medical procedure.
    sorry i must have missed why you brought it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't compare circumcisions to braces. Can compare circumcisions to tattoos. Laize, you've lost me here. Well, you've lost me a while back, but I don't understand this.

sorry i must have missed why you brought it up.
    Because the medical benefits of circumcision are negligible absent phimosis in the US.

I dont understand why everyone is so hung up on circumcision when thats not the topic. Its not even the top of the priority list for the MRM.

Honestly if there was some culture that wanted to give their children minor tattoos in a fashion that would not stop them from interacting with the public (in other words hidden) I don't really see how that would be the government's business anyway. The government should not be interfering in cultural practices that aren't harming people.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 06:42 AM ----------

Because the medical benefits of circumcision are negligible absent phimosis in the US.
    So are the medical risks. Sounds like one of those things best left up to personal choice.

10+ Year Old Account

I dont understand why everyone is so hung up on circumcision when thats not the topic. Its not even the top of the priority list for the MRM.
    Oh, you mean like braces!

and once more we come full circle. well, what else would you like to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Can't compare circumcisions to braces. Can compare circumcisions to tattoos. Laize, you've lost me here. Well, you've lost me a while back, but I don't understand this.
    Braces provide a measurable increase in quality of life.

Circumcisions do no such thing. Neither do tattoos.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So are the medical risks. Sounds like one of those things best left up to personal choice.
    Totally agree. Why don't we do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Braces provide a measurable increase in quality of life.

Circumcisions do no such thing. Neither do tattoos.
    And we're back to ignoring scientific research that says otherwise. Alright, I'm done. Don't see the point in arguing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    And we're back to ignoring scientific research that says otherwise. Alright, I'm done. Don't see the point in arguing this.
    I acknowledged that circumcision has a (very slight) benefit in STD saturated areas like South Africa. Are we TALKING about South Africa?

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 07:15 AM ----------

Here's an example of a real Men's Rights issue.

http://www.mommyish.com/2011/11/23/s...d-support-836/

A man becomes a father because his crazy gf stole his sperm. He's forced to pay child support, she receives no sentencing.

This is something that, while rare, shouldn't happen even ONCE.

That article seems pretty biased to be honest.

That article seems pretty biased to be honest.
    This one any better?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/surpris...7#.ULHJmeOe-2s

Sounds like allegations at this point.

lets see..

Under Texas' Uniform Parentage Act, an unmarried man must consent to the use of sperm for assisted reproduction, and that consent "must be in record signed by the man and the unmarried woman and kept by a licensed physician."

The clinic claims to have that document, but Pressil told ABCNews.com his signature was forged and "doesn't match."

That's why Pressil's lawyer, Jason Gibson, says this is a case of theft.

"If they've got him listed as patient they need his consent to do anything," says Gibson. "They violated their own policies and procedures by not getting that consent."
    i dont see the problem? where is the discrimination present?

And I'm not getting why this is an issue with sexism. If what he says is true its just a crazy woman forging documents and being crazy.

lets see..

i dont see the problem? where is the discrimination present?
    And I'm not getting why this is an issue with sexism. If what he says is true its just a crazy woman forging documents and being crazy.
    Did you guys miss the part about him being forced to pay $800/month in child support?

There are also statutory (and non-statutory) rape victims who are forced to pay child support.

Did you guys miss the part about him being forced to pay $800/month in child support?
    how was that sexism? he thought he had accidentally impregnated her.
    There are also statutory (and non-statutory) rape victims who are forced to pay child support.
    lets see some of those.