Poll: Is this fair and legal?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    You read this book to your child once, I will fuck your life if you try to read it once again to your nephew.
    Their argument is not whether you read it to someone else, it's the argument that you cannot make photocopies of that book and give it to your nephew to read himself.

Quote Originally Posted by carnage9270 View Post
    Their argument is not whether you read it to someone else, it's the argument that you cannot make photocopies of that book and give it to your nephew to read himself.
    And what they did with the bible?

The bible is not copyrighted. Well, newer translations are, but "original" bibles are not. Free to copy and share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Has to do with what? Yes it's illegal to photocopy a bible printed by XXX and distribute it to other people, whether for profit or not.

Has to do with what? Yes it's illegal to photocopy a bible printed by XXX and distribute it to other people, whether for profit or not.
    im pretty sure its only illegal to sell it O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It's illegal to photocopy the bible? ok man whatever.

anyway, selling copyrighted material should be forbiden, but it should be free to share for personnal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im pretty sure its only illegal to sell it O-O
    You're wrong there. It's still owned by the company that paid to have it printed. The actual words are not owned but once it's printed on paper, there are laws that govern what can be done with that specific piece of paper. (over-simplified i know)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    And AT&T, in a leaked internal training memo published by Torrent Freak, said it would block customer access to frequently visited websites “until they complete an online copyright course;” the company did not say, however, what the course will entail or which websites will be blocked.
    What if you were to start visiting the copyright course page frequently before you get "busted"? Would they block that page also so you can't complete the course to get back your normal connection?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Which is impossible.
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-from-england/

last i heard, they are pushing for a 25 year sentence for this kid,

he violated no laws in his country

10+ Year Old Account
    No ISP is going to lose customers enforcing this nonsense. It is all about money and guess how ISPs get theirs...
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    No ISP is going to lose customers enforcing this nonsense. It is all about money and guess how ISPs get theirs...
    I completely agree with you there. Although if the RIAA decided they wanted to get particularly nasty, they could threaten to go after the ISP unless they divulged the info or performed corrective action against their clients. I think this is all the ISP's are doing at this stage is putting things in writing just in case the crap hits the fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    true, where i live it's either Comcast or Qwest, both have agreed to this, so i can't switch to a better company if i wanted to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-from-england/

last i heard, they are pushing for a 25 year sentence for this kid,

he violated no laws in his country
    Funny how you never hear stories of Germany demanding custody of a US citizen because he violated some German law while he was in the US.

But you hear stories of citizens being shipped off to the US for doing something that is legal within their own country on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    This is one of my major gripes with the gaming/movie entertainment industry. If you don't like the product that you purchased, its basically tough tits! I do not condone piracy, however, it should be far easier to get a refund on a game that you thought was absolute crap. You appear to have no rights as game user, which considering the amount of money that sector generates now, it needs firming up.

Yes you get adverts and what not, but they are just that, adverts, full of highlights to make the product look better than it is.
    thats the same for every single product ever, its not limited to games. cars, movies, books, music etc.. all have marketing..do people deserve a refund if they didnt like something? No, as long as the things you saw pre-purchase were in what you paid for was included. opens up a legal floodgate. For example, you read a book, take it back saying it was rubbish - free books and so on.

especially for games you can watch youtube "lets plays" which give you more of an idea than an ad will. If you buy things purely on the basis of an advertisement then there is no help for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftdreamzAMV View Post
    i pirate games just because i want to, i dont give a crap about the developers nor the company..
    I know quite a few people who pirate games (mainly Xbox) because they can't afford to spend £30-40 per game whenever there's have a mortgage, dependents and bills to pay. But even they always find the money to buy the odd game in a steam sale/gmg or a blockbuster which most of us are going to play online for a time.

To outright say "I don't give a crap" is very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The opposite is actually very true as well. Many people get a pirated copy, then decide they were glad they didn't buy it.
    I hate this about buying games. If you buy a game you don't like, you're screwed, unless you trade it in for half the price in store credit or resell it. Can't blame consumers for wanting to try things before they purchase it. I'm not saying its okay to steal, but there should definitely be a different system for buying and selling games.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Fused, I can see this leading to the courts, IF they attempted it without being able to prove it, I dont think that any of them are that damn dumb.

And despite your claim that Huffpost is accurate and unbiased, I see them much like you view Fox News... very very very skeptically.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlete View Post
    I hate this about buying games. If you buy a game you don't like, you're screwed, unless you trade it in for half the price in store credit or resell it. Can't blame consumers for wanting to try things before they purchase it. I'm not saying its okay to steal, but there should definitely be a different system for buying and selling games.
    Same thing goes for everything. In retail, something can only be returned if it is new and unused.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    especially for games you can watch youtube "lets plays" which give you more of an idea than an ad will. If you buy things purely on the basis of an advertisement then there is no help for you.
    See the sad part is, even though this thread is specifically about downloading, there are laws to prevent things like internet reviews with movie clips and lets play's on youtube already coming into play as infringement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Same thing goes for everything. In retail, something can only be returned if it is new and unused.
    It's completely true for video game retailers, but not a lot of other stores. For example, I just bought a new TV this past week from Best Buy. They told me if I wasn't happy with it, I could return it within 30 days as long as I kept all of the original packaging. I realize for video games that it'd be extremely easy for someone to beat a game and then just return it within the next few days. That's why I think a new system should be in place.