Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I remember that Garithos wanted to execute the Blood Elves in TFT. I'm not sure if he held the power the break an Alliance with their whole race. Again, the Alliance is still allied with the High Elves.

They fought together in WC2 and WC3. High Elves and the human kingdoms always had good relations, The High Elves taught the humans magic.
    garithos was the highest ranking living human from lordaeron at that time. he had plenty of power to do whatever he thought he should back than.

trust is usually something easy to lose when people try to kill you. imagine your best friend tried to kill you yesterday. and he's your childhood friend, you used to play with him since you were 2 yo. would you still consider him your best friend? lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

They fought together in WC2 and WC3. High Elves and the human kingdoms always had good relations, The High Elves taught the humans magic. Didn't they also ally against the trolls in Arathi?
    To wc2

King Anasterian reluctantly joined the Alliance of Lordaeron, honor-bound to fulfill the pledge to the Arathi, of whom Lord Anduin Lothar was the last. Anasterian was forced to contribute more of Quel'Thalas's armies when the outer forests were attacked by the Horde, but sent only a token force. Ultimately, the Horde was to fall, and placed into internment camps. With his blood debt paid, Anasterian retained little interest in the affairs of his supposed allies, rarely deigning to grace his fellow monarchs with his presence.[5] The high elves came to realize that the increasingly strained Alliance needed them far more than they needed it, and after a period of mutual coldness between the humans and their elven allies,[6] Anasterian resolved to officially secede his nation.

In the aftermath of the war, the high elves as a whole began to doubt the value of the Alliance. Humanity seemed to need the high elves, but had little to offer in return, especially now that a large portion of Alliance resources was allotted toward maintaining the internment camps.

Wc3 were elves deployed from their allied Kingdom Dalaran, but not Quel'thalas itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    garithos was the highest ranking living human from lordaeron at that time. he had plenty of power to do whatever he thought he should back than.

trust is usually something easy to lose when people try to kill you. imagine your best friend tried to kill you yesterday. and he's your childhood friend, you used to play with him since you were 2 yo. would you still consider him your best friend? lol
    Nice story and all, but how come there are still High Elves in the Alliance. You know, the uncorrupted ones.

Nice story and all, but how come there are still High Elves in the Alliance. You know, the uncorrupted ones.
    Remnants that cant accept change. Oh look, they are almost extinct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    To wc2

King Anasterian reluctantly joined the Alliance of Lordaeron, honor-bound to fulfill the pledge to the Arathi, of whom Lord Anduin Lothar was the last. Anasterian was forced to contribute more of Quel'Thalas's armies when the outer forests were attacked by the Horde, but sent only a token force. Ultimately, the Horde was to fall, and placed into internment camps. With his blood debt paid, Anasterian retained little interest in the affairs of his supposed allies, rarely deigning to grace his fellow monarchs with his presence.[5] The high elves came to realize that the increasingly strained Alliance needed them far more than they needed it, and after a period of mutual coldness between the humans and their elven allies,[6] Anasterian resolved to officially secede his nation.

In the aftermath of the war, the high elves as a whole began to doubt the value of the Alliance. Humanity seemed to need the high elves, but had little to offer in return, especially now that a large portion of Alliance resources was allotted toward maintaining the internment camps.

Wc3 were elves deployed from their allied Kingdom Dalaran, but not Quel'thalas itself.
    Little offer in return? Silvermoon was attacked by the orcs in WC2, without the Alliance it wouldn't exist anymore. Like I said, Blood Elves are all arrogant, ungrateful traitors to the Alliance.

You mean those, who are arguably even more thickheaded than the blood elves, magical addiction is damaging, they were surrounded on all sides by enemies, so they needed a new source of power in order to survive, the high elves refused to siphon arcane power from living beings, and the blood elves just couldn't afford dissidents in their ranks, as such they were exiled.

There are Thalassian elves in the Alliance that expatriated and went there when they decided they didn't trust Kael'thas and/or the direction he was leading their people anymore. They readopted the "high elf/quel'dorei" moniker as protest I suppose. The actual nation of Quel'thalas are the Sin'dorei, who followed their rightful leader down a dark path and then helped overthrow and defeat him when they were awakened to his madness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Remnants that cant accept change. Oh look, they are almost extinct.
    Just look at Vereesa. She's disgusted by what the Blood Elves do. I'm sure Alleria would feel the same.

Little offer in return? Silvermoon was attacked by the orcs in WC2, without the Alliance it wouldn't exist anymore. Like I said, Blood Elves are all arrogant, ungrateful traitors to the Alliance.
    They repaid that debt by saving Lordaeron, elves and humans owe absolutely nothing to each other, not to mention the human nations distanced themselves from the nonhumans after the second war as well.

Just look at Vereesa. She's disgusted by what the Blood Elves do. I'm sure Alleria would feel the same.
    Alleria concern has always been Quel'thalas first and the rest later, will she be shocked to see what happened sure, but her outright turning against her people like Vereesa? Unlikely, I guess she would take a neutral stance and try to mend bridges.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-11-26 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    There are Thalassian elves in the Alliance that expatriated and went there when they decided they didn't trust Kael'thas and/or the direction he was leading their people anymore. They readopted the "high elf/quel'dorei" moniker as protest I suppose. The actual nation of Quel'thalas are the Sin'dorei, who followed their rightful leader down a dark path and then helped overthrow and defeat him when they were awakened to his madness.
    They saw that Kael'thas led them to ruin. It was a wise decision to not follow. They stayed with the Alliance because they are loyal.

Vereesa is the whiny, ineffectual brat among the three sisters, the baby. I don't think Alleria would be any happier to learn it was a easily-led-to-corruption human prince who destroyed her home, a human who tried to wipe out what was left, and other Alliance races who tried to sabotage their rebuilding efforts than she would to learn that her people, deprived of the font of their power, had turned to desperate measures. I think Alleria would be the grown-up in the room -- fully embracing her home nation, for love of which she even went off to war in the first place, but completely committed to getting them out of the Horde's control.

EDIT: Nin, there is no "stay" with the Alliance -- they just went there. They are refugees. Any that have taken up arms against Quel'thalas are traitors, although perhaps that can be forgiven.

It would also probably help in this conversation if you were to acknowledge anything that happens in lore over the course of the last couple BC patches -- the Blood Elves themselves were an indispensable part of defeating Kael'thas and preventing Kil'jaeden from coming to Azeroth. They have the Sunwell back and are for the most part weened/weening from fel energy or other mana sources since, well, Sunwell. Pretty much everything that led the "high elves" to their raft of butthurt at the cultural level, is gone. Just the faction divide is all that remains.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2012-11-26 at 02:05 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few high elves have chosen to join the Alliance in recent years, but the Alliance as a whole remains somewhat suspicious of high elves to this day. .
    A reoccuring theme in the Warcraft Saga, old grudges die hard
    Combined with new wounds, no wonder we are always fighting
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Alleria concern has always been Quel'thalas first and the rest later, will she be shocked to see what happened sure, but her outright turning against her people like Vereesa? Unlikely, I guess she would take a neutral stance and try to mend bridges.
    At one point she wanted to eradicate every single orc because of what they did to her homeland. If she comes home and sees her own people allied with the very same monsters that ravaged her homeland, I doubt she'll take a neutral stance.

They saw that Kael'thas led them to ruin. It was a wise decision to not follow. They stayed with the Alliance because they are loyal.
    To quote Lor'themar

I cannot remember the last time I told anyone such a bald-faced lie, even since I was forced into politics. But I did lie to Aethas, and he knows it, and I know it, and anyone who heard me say it knows it. My will means very little, in fact. I can pretend my power is real, but in the end, it is all an act, and none of it is honest. I can wash my hands of it, play martyr, be victimized, and accomplish nothing, or I can fight and victimize others in my turn and thus become the essence of all I have battled. If I have ever rationalized my choices using any other logic, I was certainly lying to myself. Hawkspear was right: I deal with the devil indeed, but the Sunwell may never have been restored had we not sunk to those levels. He and Aurora can sleep soundly, knowing they have never compromised their ethics, but if they deny that they prosper in the wake of those who have, then they delude themselves as much as I.

Here I find myself so close to believing that the ends justify the means. But the ruins of the Magisters' Terrace will haunt me forever, reminding me of the fate I tempt with that thought. This is the line I walk, finally knowing that the actions I take in necessity are nonetheless indefensible. Those truths can never be reconciled, but sometimes I can hold them both side by side and almost understand. I might call this revelation profound if I were ignorant enough not to realize that I am only learning what Kael'thas, and Anasterian before him, had also learned in their turns. All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done. By the Sunwell, I hope that there will remain something of mine.

At one point she wanted to eradicate every single orc because of what they did to her homeland. If she comes home and sees her own people allied with the very same monsters that ravaged her homeland, I doubt she'll take a neutral stance.
    So you think she will want to kill her own people, because they were so desperate they had to turn to orcs for help?

I really doubt that.

Deleted
    In my opinion the Alliance should purge Lordaeron of the undead and reclaim Silvermoon for the High Elves.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 03:04 PM ----------

To quote Lor'themar

I cannot remember the last time I told anyone such a bald-faced lie, even since I was forced into politics. But I did lie to Aethas, and he knows it, and I know it, and anyone who heard me say it knows it. My will means very little, in fact. I can pretend my power is real, but in the end, it is all an act, and none of it is honest. I can wash my hands of it, play martyr, be victimized, and accomplish nothing, or I can fight and victimize others in my turn and thus become the essence of all I have battled. If I have ever rationalized my choices using any other logic, I was certainly lying to myself. Hawkspear was right: I deal with the devil indeed, but the Sunwell may never have been restored had we not sunk to those levels. He and Aurora can sleep soundly, knowing they have never compromised their ethics, but if they deny that they prosper in the wake of those who have, then they delude themselves as much as I.

Here I find myself so close to believing that the ends justify the means. But the ruins of the Magisters' Terrace will haunt me forever, reminding me of the fate I tempt with that thought. This is the line I walk, finally knowing that the actions I take in necessity are nonetheless indefensible. Those truths can never be reconciled, but sometimes I can hold them both side by side and almost understand. I might call this revelation profound if I were ignorant enough not to realize that I am only learning what Kael'thas, and Anasterian before him, had also learned in their turns. All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done. By the Sunwell, I hope that there will remain something of mine.

So you think she will want to kill her own people, because they were so desperate they had to turn to orcs for help?

I really doubt that.
    Is that from Patch 5.1?

In my opinion the Alliance should purge Lordaeron of the undead and reclaim Silvermoon for the High Elves.
    There are not enough high elves to repopulate it seems.

In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves do not gather in any significant numbers, nor do they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture--only a past filled with glory and regret.

And that is before several of their hotspots were razed.

In my opinion the Alliance should purge Lordaeron of the undead and reclaim Silvermoon for the High Elves.[COLOR="red"]
    In my opinion, everyone should be killed, strong-willed undead blessed with biotransference and elven souls used to fuel this process. Perfect unity across Azeroth, no old god corruption, no outside influence.

Is that from Patch 5.1?
    Nope it is his short story

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...hemar-theron/1

There is no "reclaim" for the high elves, there is just "conquer and steal". The legitimate political control of Quel'thalas has never been in the hands of the schmucks slouching around Stormwind and Dalaran.

Deleted
    Wasn't that the fanfiction story that won a contest?