Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Your mocking tone undermines your points and makes you come off as defensive and childish. Why are you so angry, brother? Is there some back-story we're missing here? :3

The chances of being a victim of burglary might be reasonably low, but we're not arguing that. We're arguing what you do when you are currently being victimized by a burglar. The chances of actually being hurt while being burglarized are high enough that one can reasonably make the decision to defend their family should the situation call for it.
    Trying to attack the person instead of the argument is a sign of someone who have nothing more to add. If that's the case just stop writing.

The chance of being killed or raped during a burglary is incredibly low. We werent arguing what to do, we had two very different ideas for what you should do, we have already established those. We were arguing why you felt entitle to kill people on your property. Your argument was because you never knew whether or not they were posing a threat to your, or your family's, life, and therefor it was best to be on the safe side and kill them. I just applied that logic to a different situation. If you abide by your logic you are always entitled to kill anyone who scares you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Life isn't a movie mate, what the hell seriously...
    Regarding the proponents of executing burglars after they are no longer a threat, I think the post you quoted gives some indication as to their level of thinking.

If i hear windows breaking and multiple footsteps in my home with my family there, sorry if this sounds so terrible to some of you, but I'm most likely going HAM SAMMICH on whoever it is. especially if they don't know to run after I fire gun shots which shows they aren't afraid

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    If you shoot someone you don't know whether or not are armed you shoot them because you were afraid they might be armed. If you have a ton of guns because you are afraid of what might happen you are by definition afraid. You are preparing for something you are afraid might happen, and it is even a irrational fear, the car she was in was far more likely to kill her then the bad guys she was preparing for so how many car belts was she wearing?

This about nothing other then being afraid.

They aren't putting your family at risk if they like 99% of all burglar are there to steal, you are putting your family at risk if you chose to confront and start a fire fight with them. If you can kill someone because what if on your property why can't you on other peoples property? Are your property some sort of killing ground without any rules? And is that the only place what if situatiosn can happen?

While I appreciate your view I have to say if some is intruding into my home I will have to assume the worse case scenario. I am not willing to risk my family on the chance they may or may not be their to harm me. If they want to rob someone that is already ethically questionable therefore in my opinion it is reasonable to assume they are going to do anything they can to escape even if that includes hurting or killing others.

Quote Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
    Breaking into my home is breaking into my home is breaking into my home. I am not going to sit down with you or ask what your intentions are. Do you think someone breaking into your house to murder your wife is going to be honest if you ask them what they want? Nope. Don't break into homes if you are not willing to take the risk of getting killed for your stupidity.
    Do you have a abnormal amount of rape fantasy's? I'm asking because people often project their own mindset into other people and you, and quite a few others, seem to think that when someone break into your home their are going to rape and kill people, which doesn't match reality at all.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mortauk View Post
    While I appreciate your view I have to say if some is intruding into my home I will have to assume the worse case scenario. I am not willing to risk my family on the chance they may or may not be their to harm me. If they want to rob someone that is already ethically questionable therefore in my opinion it is reasonable to assume they are going to do anything they can to escape even if that includes hurting or killing others.
    So if you in any way do anything that is ethically questionable, like lying, you might be capable of murder and should be killed just in case?

If you shoot someone you don't know whether or not are armed you shoot them because you were afraid they might be armed. If you have a ton of guns because you are afraid of what might happen you are by definition afraid. You are preparing for something you are afraid might happen, and it is even a irrational fear, the car she was in was far more likely to kill her then the bad guys she was preparing for so how many car belts was she wearing?

This about nothing other then being afraid.

They aren't putting your family at risk if they like 99% of all burglar are there to steal, you are putting your family at risk if you chose to confront and start a fire fight with them. If you can kill someone because what if on your property why can't you on other peoples property? Are your property some sort of killing ground without any rules? And is that the only place what if situatiosn can happen?
    where are you getting your facts? 99% and are you willing to die to ask a home invader if he is just there to steal your coffee maker

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    A couple of questions now:
    Was an autopsy performed on the teens to check if they were on drugs? (someone laughing after having a relative killed and being about to be shot to death doesn't make sense)
    Has the shooter been asked to undergo a polygraph test to check if he lied in his account of the events? ( some things don't add up or are extremely unlikely) i know they cant force him but if he agrees it'll make things easier
    Has the shooter been administered a psychological evaluation? ( he seems really detached and lacks empathy from the feeling of satisfaction from blowing a defenseless person's brain out)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Life isn't a movie mate, what the hell seriously...
    actually the only people that are living in a movie are those who think that you should confront peacefully a criminal into your house, see if he is armed before shooting and even then aim at the legs or other ridiculousnesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortauk View Post
    This is a poor arguement. Killing someone for mercy is illegal... killing someone to protect your own life is not. I hope he doesn't use that arguement in court.
    Well shit man... everyone seems to argue with morals... So I tried their own medicine... is a merciful killing not out of respect? He didn't want the girl to feel pain, if he did, he wouldn't have shot her again after she fell down the stairs... he could have raped her, but he didn't. Now if that's not a valid argument, I can assure you that my less moral arguments on previous pages can confirm that the old man is innocent and the kids are to blame.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Well shit man... everyone seems to argue with morals... So I tried their own medicine... is a merciful killing not out of respect? He didn't want the girl to feel pain, if he did, he wouldn't have shot her again after she fell down the stairs... he could have raped her, but he didn't. Now if that's not a valid argument, I can assure you that my less moral arguments on previous pages can confirm that the old man is innocent and the kids are to blame.
    Don't you know that people can receive pleasure from things other than sex. I heard some derive euphoric pleasure from killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

So if you in any way do anything that is ethically questionable, like lying, you might be capable of murder and should be killed just in case?
    I'm saying if someone is intruding in my house I will reason to believe sense they broke again and are intruding into my home I will also think they are capable of other unethical behavior. While they are in my house and I feel threatened I will do what I must to defend my family. I also would not take the chance they are unarmed and harmless. I will say that if they are not in my home than most of the time their are better ways to handle a person breaking the law. It all comes down to what is perceive as a threat to my family and myself.

Sadly. If you break into my home ill shoot to kill. A man on the ground who's armed can still shoot back. Im non violent but i will defend my family and our home by all means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareG9 View Post
    We should be allowed to kill anyone who messes with our property. Depending, most people work/worked hard for their property and deserve to protect it, even through fatal force. Using "unnecessary" force is perfectly fine imo. We are selfish by nature, we prefer our lives and things over some strangers, so why not kill someone for messing with your stuff? We have the natural right to protect our life, liberty, and property.
    You should move to Somalia, I think they have what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Was an autopsy performed on the teens to check if they were on drugs? (someone laughing after having a relative killed and being about to be shot to death doesn't make sense)
    imo the whole laughing thing is a red herring in the first place. it is not uncommon for stresses to cause laughter, be it nerves or outright terror. the laughter means less than nothing, assuming it even happened

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Sadly. If you break into my home ill shoot to kill. A man on the ground who's armed can still shoot back. Im non violent but i will defend my family and our home by all means.
    I agree with this post.

Do you have a abnormal amount of rape fantasy's? I'm asking because people often project their own mindset into other people and you, and quite a few others, seem to think that when someone break into your home their are going to rape and kill people, which doesn't match reality at all.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:33 AM ----------

I don't care what the reason is for breaking into my home. I'm not going to wait around and try to find out. Did I mention anything about rape anyways? No. I said murder. If you want to think the best of someone who is breaking into your house and assume they are only going to take a few bucks, that's up to you. I on the other hand will assume the worse since they already deliberately broke into my home.

Good luck having a good conversation to find out what the intruder is after.

Really? No criminals should avoid home intrusions its not safe for them who wants to stand around and wait to see what they might do? Not me!
    Trying to attack the person instead of the argument is a sign of someone who have nothing more to add. If that's the case just stop writing.

The chance of being killed or raped during a burglary is incredibly low. We werent arguing what to do, we had two very different ideas for what you should do, we have already established those. We were arguing why you felt entitle to kill people on your property. Your argument was because you never knew whether or not they were posing a threat to your, or your family's, life, and therefor it was best to be on the safe side and kill them. I just applied that logic to a different situation. If you abide by your logic you are always entitled to kill anyone who scares you.

As I understand it, the proper procedure (and training) for firearms as self defense is to unload your weapon into the intruder's center of mass. Not fire once, wait for them to fall down, then shoot them in the face. That is, in fact, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    @blib

I see "statistics" get brought up a lot, and as one with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice (emphasis on law enforcement), I had to work with statistics quite a bit and take multiple classes on statistics. So I know a bit about them, and their value. I don't at all dismiss them. But for just a moment here, let's pretend I'm uneducated and generally uninterested in probabilities and statistics. Let's do a breakdown of what would go through my mind, and more than likely, the average reasonable individual's mind when someone breaks into their house.

So an intruder's in the house.

1) If someone is willing to break into my occupied house, is it reasonable to assume that are doing so to take my belongings and sell for money.

2) It is reasonable to assume that they are either:
    a) Incredibly desperate to go to such dangerous lengths to get money.
    b) Psychopathic and lacks empathy for his/her fellow person.

3) It is reasonable to assume that, in desperation, many people can do crazy things. It is reasonable to assume that this individual could possibly be armed with a weapon stolen from a previous victim. It is reasonable to assume that, if the person has a weapon, they are willing to use it.

4) It is reasonable to assume that psychopaths care not for your own life, or the lives of your family. It is reasonable to assume that a psychopath would kill "for the fun of it."

Considering the above, if you were like most people and had no education on crime statistics, would it be unreasonable to use deadly force to protect yourself and your family?

I refuse to believe you have studied criminal justice if that is your likely scenario. And as someone who have actually been in a few situations like this, having served in Afghanistan, I can tell you that nobody is in the heat of the moment philosophizing about the underlying cause of the break in. Your line of thought would be something like "There is someone in my house, I have to get my family safe and check". Nobody goes "hmm they are breaking into my home knowing I might have a gun, they must be doing this because..." and if you are a sane human being you don't go "Gun pew pew pew pew" either. First priority keep your family safe, something you don't accomplish by abandoning them and starting a fire fight with someone. You get them in a room, get armed and call the police.

I cant believe people on here saying please dont hurt home intruders you dont know their intentions. Well guess what yes i do they are there to hurt steal or worse. You have no rights of protection once you invade a persons home.