Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I've seen it here and there for multiple sources. If you wish to refute it by more than word of mouth, than do so.
    http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp

As if "popular" somehow made the two better human beings or their lives somehow mattered more. /sigh

Props to the guy for defending his home. Don't want to get shot, don't fucking try to steal people's shit. Dirtbags got what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If that is true, than I retract that part of my statement. That said, you do not gain ultimate power over life and death in your home.
    AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Based on his accounts not supported by medical evidence concerning forensics or this gentleman's mental state, you are inferring his guilt based on nothing but his statement written in this article. You don't know if he was in fear of his life, and you don't know when that fear for him began or ended, you don't know all the circumstances for what happen. and for the 5th time, the Law DOES allow for defending your life by taking another.
    It doesn't matter if he was in fear for his life. The statute says "reasonable" expectation of bodily harm. Hard to find a reasonable person that thinks a teenager who has been shot and fallen down stairs is a threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    It is traumatizing killing someone. He has been robbed twice before and that is also very stressful. There is no way to know that people breaking into your home are unarmed and what their intent is.
    I don't care that he was robbed in the past. It takes a certain kind of disregard for life to kill these kids in the fashion he did. If he shot them as they entered, then called 911 and asked for police and an ambulance, that is understandable reaction to the fear he was experiencing. He was sadistic in his treatment of two kids who did nothing more than bust a window. Were they right? No, of course not, but his reaction was to the wrong extreme. I'm not sure there are instruments that can measure how out of proportion his reaction was.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiouslol View Post
    Are you still mad that I'd kill someone if they robbed my house?
    No kidding, eh? If you can't use lethal force to defend your own home, you might as well be a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiouslol View Post
    Are you still mad that I'd kill someone if they robbed my house?
    I think anyone that would kill someone not to protect themselves, but to protect their tv, is a low life. Lower than the criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Laize:

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...141497673.html

I said it three times: there is no castle doctrine in Minnesota.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What is it with Americans and fucking stuff?!?! It's just fucking stuff! Now you're trying to claim thieves become your slaves?

Even slaves back in the day couldn't just be killed off and tortured. Yeah it happened, but it still wasn't legal in quite a few areas.

Yeah, exactly THEIR STUFF, not your stuff, not your livelihood, not something you worked hard for and may even need or depend on. That stuff could mean life or death, paying his mortgage next month or being homeless on the street, or even affording medication. You don't know this mans life, and you have no idea what that STUFF means to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't care that he was robbed in the past. It takes a certain kind of disregard for life to kill these kids in the fashion he did. If he shot them as they entered, then called 911 and asked for police and an ambulance, that is understandable reaction to the fear he was experiencing. He was sadistic in his treatment of two kids who did nothing more than bust a window. Were they right? No, of course not, but his reaction was to the wrong extreme. I'm not sure there are instruments that can measure how out of proportion his reaction was.
    Cause another human extreme trauma during a life or death situation then see how harshly you judge his actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    http://www.concealandcarryhq.com/

You must believe an intruder intends to inflict serious harm on you or your family.
    You must believe an intruder intends to commit a felony in your home.
    You must not first provoke the intruder or threaten harm.
    Your intent must be to protect yourself or anyone else in your residence.
    You need to announce your presence and intention to retaliate before using deadly force.

I think anyone that would kill someone not to protect themselves, but to protect their tv, is a low life. Lower than the criminal.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to interrogate an intruder to see if he wants my stuff or to rape my wife.

Some of you guys are so narrow-minded, it is actually shocking to read some of the stuff being said. It is like a caveman mentality. YOU NO TAKE MY STUFF, I KILL IF YOU TAKE STUFF

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    No kidding, eh? If you can't use lethal force to defend your own home, you might as well be a slave.
    Right, because stuff makes the wold goes round. If someone takes your stuff and you allow them you're a slave!!!!! Why is this thought MOST popular with Americans, but not with Europeans? Who are more likely to secure family, secure self, call police, or threaten and hope they just leave and call police, or (and this was in last place on the poll) attack, but try not to kill.

Yeah, because every robber is harmless, and doesn't carry some sort of weapon with them. I'll just shake their hand and allow them into my house.

Jesus christ you're a fucking idiot.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-27 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to interrogate an intruder to see if he wants my stuff or to rape my wife.
    Simple, have an uncocked shotgun and cock it while warning them. They will likely run out the house, because people value their lives.

You are mentally ill with this attitude.

So if I break into your house and start taking your things and you have a gun in hand, what would you do? Would you stand there and let me take them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Laize:

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...141497673.html

I said it three times: there is no castle doctrine in Minnesota.
    i dont think castle doctrines allow for executions anyway, but yeah. i tend to support castle doctrines (to a degree), but there is definitely a line that should not be crossed imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Still waiting for you and wikipedia to produce something that invalidates my argument.
    Given that your argument is that "merica is a big country so we have lots gun crime its not proportional" i think i just did.