Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas

Wtf? Does that mean no more, AOTD or Lust or LOH? WooooooooW at this change.. also on a positive note hurray for this change. Arena matches now have a 25 minute time limit (was 45 minutes).

No more rebirth =(
    Sad for the loss on rebirth and Lust.

was silly they were allowed in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems more reasonable to allow them in rbgs to me, but I agree that a team with lust can have a huge advantage over a team without it.

This goes along with blizzards standard of bring the player not the class. Was curious when they would do this.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

they should just completely remove all abilities in BGS and give us all an auto attack and block action bar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    they should just completely remove all abilities in BGS and give us all an auto attack and block action bar
    I do understand the sentiment, but your sarcasm is falling on deaf ears here. These changes are an improvement, sometimes less is more (In this case, HUGE cooldowns for specific classes/specs, that shouldn't have been allowed in the first place )

Alright so help me see here who loses what?

DK: AOTD , Res
    Mage: Lust
    Paladin: LOH
    Druid: Rez
    Shaman: ANKH, Lust
    What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    This goes along with blizzards standard of bring the player not the class. Was curious when they would do this.
    I think that sentiment is more applicable to PVE where the difference between classes is often little more than an extra buff. PvP has always been in a state where class composition and class synergy is overwhelmingly important. It's really impossible to get around that in PvP, without ridiculous homogeneity among the different classes, which wouldn't be fun at all. This may alter the thinking a bit when selecting that final player to maximize the synergy of the comp. but in general it will not have a huge impact towards that philosphy. Good teams will always be very concerned with class composition, regardless of this change.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Bring the player not the class doesn't exist.

It never worked. Specially in 10 man. And even more in RBG

People will always take a balanced composition over bringing 3 players with the same class.

Bring the player not the class doesn't exist now and never will.

No more getting Flag Carrier to 5% to only have him bailed out by 100% heal. Throw in Spirit Link; Life Swap and it makes the game less epic. Played over 700 games in RBG and i think this change is necessary and great for PvP. I feel that there will be more up and down games where its not lopsided 3-0 in FC maps but more 3 to 2 with games being decided in the last 1 or 2 minutes of the game.

Great change, and should've been there from the beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Great change, and should've been there from the beginning.
    Pretty much. Having played at like 2600+ throughout all of Cataclysm 95% of our Gilneas matches were decided by who had more AoE for the lust fight at WW. The other 5% were stealth attacks which albeit much more skillful were not nearly as effective. Taking equivalent teams with just about the same skill level, whichever one had lust off CD took the base pretty much and that's super dumb, it should be about who has the best target-calling and swapping/CC coordination, attacking different bases at the same time, etc.

The arena time change on the other hand is not fantastic - going to be fun losing 15 points because some random team decided to turtle at a pillar for 20 minutes. Surely enough some people could do it for 45 too but cutting the time in half is effectively increasing draws by much more, not to mention most good games I've had were long and with the time pressure very early on people will make mistakes (which is fine, but yeah).

I don't agree with this. Going to make RBG's a lot more dull for me. Yea, I said that. Let's keep the homogenization wheels turning. I don't think they even have meetings about this shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    The arena time change on the other hand is not fantastic - going to be fun losing 15 points because some random team decided to turtle at a pillar for 20 minutes. Surely enough some people could do it for 45 too but cutting the time in half is effectively increasing draws by much more, not to mention most good games I've had were long and with the time pressure very early on people will make mistakes (which is fine, but yeah).
    To continue on that. I completely agree, and I'd prefer if the time limit was only done for 2vs2, which can drag on forever and ever with a healer/dps comp vs healer/dps.

I personally like the change. The pre-lust bug was pretty stupid. Plus if you stack bres it can pretty much give you a second chance at the first fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. Having played at like 2600+ throughout all of Cataclysm 95% of our Gilneas matches were decided by who had more AoE for the lust fight at WW. The other 5% were stealth attacks which albeit much more skillful were not nearly as effective. Taking equivalent teams with just about the same skill level, whichever one had lust off CD took the base pretty much and that's super dumb, it should be about who has the best target-calling and swapping/CC coordination, attacking different bases at the same time, etc.

It does make arena trolling by running all healer teams (i.e. 2 healers in 2s) less appealing.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It does make arena trolling by running all healer teams (i.e. 2 healers in 2s) less appealing.
    How so? its much easier this way. Only 25min /loose for the opponent team

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Alright so help me see here who loses what?

DK: AOTD , Res
    Mage: Lust
    Paladin: LOH
    Druid: Rez
    Shaman: ANKH, Lust
    What did I miss?
    Warlock Soul Stone, Eye of Killrog, Doomguard and Infernal. A great arsenal for RBGs now gone.

10+ Year Old Account

When I see them lower the arena time to 20 minutes it echos in my mind how they said the game shouldn't be based around burst and wanted length and strategy to go back into pvp...

I guess in 5.1 they said "KILL PEOPLE FASTER IN ARENA!! MORE BURST" -_-