Deleted

Help me build a gaming computer in europe please!

Hi!
    I want to build a new gaming computer (first time, have no parts from earlyer comps, so it´s from scratch.) I have afriend who will help me to put the pieces together aswell. I want a computer for gaming (D3, mainly wow, SCII DOTA2) and programs such as photoshop. I have looked a little at this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post19204965 and tried to find the pieces on amazon, all in all it´s going for about 1300euro. I was thinking more about a budget of about 700-800 euros (no monitor or mouse, but a keybord). The build in was made in the US for 1500dollar with 2 monitors. Is stuff so much cheaper in the stats or do I suck at searching?
    I would like to buy the parts in either germany or sweden.
    would be really thankful for some help
    /drulis

The US doesnt get VAT import, or europe gets it twice. Either way, we pay vat.

This is what i would go for myself, if you need a screen and mouse i suggest dropping 8 gigs of ram, and / or going for 970 chipset motherboard. drop the GPU to a 7870 aswell, if you want an IPS panel Display.
    Also, this build assumes you have an OS and are going to be reusing an old DVD drive.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 09:22 PM ----------

Check for local retailers first though, there may be cheaper components in your country
    Last edited by Keller; 2012-11-27 at 09:12 PM.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    first, big thanks!
    I have heard that Intel is better then amd for the cpu, especially for wow, is that true? Or does it only apply to the top end cpu:s?
    Last edited by mmocd9da134593; 2012-11-27 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drulis View Post
    first, big thanks!
    I have heard that Intel is better then amd for the cpu, especially for wow, is that true?
    Kinda, AMD also takes up more power, but these vishera cores are pretty close to the ivy bridge ones and it wont make too much difference.(around 5 to 15% i believe) Thing is that simillar in performance processor from intel costs about 150 GBP, compared to the 100GBP for the AMD one, also, the chipset is cheaper then an intel chipset with simillar features. Then again, i dont see any game listed a 7850 or 7870 cant max out, but it's nice to have in case you play graphic-intensive releases.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no need for 16 GB ram here, you can save off a bit there, for the games he listed a 7870 will do just fine, so cut back on the 7970 too, get a damn i5 3570k they are much much better for gaming than anything amd can give you at the same price point.
    Also its pretty much up to you but i would go with a 500 GB hardrive for now to open space for other parts(Monitor per example) and just get another 500 GB later on.

first, big thanks!
    I have heard that Intel is better then amd for the cpu, especially for wow, is that true? Or does it only apply to the top end cpu:s?
    WoW only uses like 2 cores.

A single core from intel is twice as fast as a single core from any fx series.

You rather aim for the i5 3570k over the FX.

Most games and especially mmo's are only using like 2-3 cores.

Games like BF3 which is heavily multithreaded uses upto 8 cores or more and the difference in BF3 is very minor between the i5 and FX 8xxx.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    There's no need for 16 GB ram here, you can save off a bit there, for the games he listed a 7870 will do just fine, so cut back on the 7970 too, get a damn i5 3570k they are much much better for gaming than anything amd can give you at the same price point.
    Also its pretty much up to you but i would go with a 500 GB hardrive for now to open space for other parts(Monitor per example) and just get another 500 GB later on.
    If i get a smaller ram, is it easy to uppgrade later one?
    I allready have a 2tb external hard drive, so yes, I don´t really need a bigger one then 500 gb atm.
    rougly, how big is the difference between a 7870 and a 7970? Even if the play the games I listed now, is it likly to get outdated soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the games you listed even a 7870 is overkill. Also for the games you listed you definitely want to go with Intel because those games rely on individual core performance far more than multi-threaded performance. Core-for-core Intel destroys AMD.

Anyway lets start from scratch...you mentioned a budget of 700-800 EU and parts from either Germany or Sweden.

Since I have no clue of a good site from Germany, purely for price-checking purposes I used Komplett.se which is apparently a renowned Swedish PC part site.

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K
    Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V LX
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP
    Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO
    GPU - Gigabite GTX660
    PSU - XFX Core 550w
    Case - Fractal Design Arc Midi

Total: 6614 SEK = ~$764 EUR

Sorry if the actual price after shipping is way off, I dunno if the above price even includes VAT because I can't read Swedish -_-
    I need to know whether the above build is even remotely fitting in your budget or whether the parts are available wherever you're buying them from. If you can give a link or two to your preferred German/Swedish stores then I can check for parts from there.

You don't have to get those specific parts, there's quite a lot of flexibility to cut some corners and get that price down even further. I'm just showing you the "standard" sort of gaming build we recommend on these forums and since most requests are from US, I'm not familiar with EU prices/stores.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-11-28 at 11:30 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    For the games you listed even a 7870 is overkill. Also for the games you listed you definitely want to go with Intel because those games rely on individual core performance far more than multi-threaded performance. Core-for-core Intel destroys AMD.

Anyway lets start from scratch...you mentioned a budget of 700-800 EU and parts from either Germany or Sweden.

Since I have no clue of a good site from Germany, purely for price-checking purposes I used Komplett.se which is apparently a renowned Swedish PC part site.

Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V LX
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP
    Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO
    GPU - Gigabite GTX660
    PSU - XFX Core 550w

Total: 6614 SEK = ~$764 EUR

Sorry if the actual price after shipping is way off, I dunno if the above price even includes VAT because I can't read Swedish -_-
    I need to know whether the above build is even remotely fitting in your budget or whether the parts are available wherever you're buying them from. If you can give a link or two to your preferred German/Swedish stores then I can check for parts from there.

You don't have to get those specific parts, there's quite a lot of flexibility to cut some corners and get that price down even further. I'm just showing you the "standard" sort of gaming build we recommend on these forums and since most requests are from US, I'm not familiar with EU prices/stores.
    Feeling really lazy for asking this, but as you said ther are lot of different options i would love if you could check on amazon for chipment in germany

10+ Year Old Account
    Feeling really lazy for asking this, but as you said ther are lot of different options i would love if you could check on amazon for chipment in germany
    Why you lazy little...actually I just found out that Amazon has it's own German site: www.amazon.de
    That's gotta mean they ship to Germany! It also makes things a whole lot easier because at least I can navigate around Amazon, their search doesn't suck, all prices include VAT and their range of products is huge

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Pro3
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Mushkin Blackline 8GB
    Cooler - Xigmatek Gaia
    HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500GB
    GPU - Sapphire HD7850
    PSU - XFX Core 550w

Total: ~$725 EUR

Some items have free shipping.

To cut down costs we could remove the cooler - you won't be able to overclock and the stock cooler will be slightly louder / CPU will run hotter. Or we could cut down the CPU and move to the locked versions...not the best idea in the long run.
    That's about it really. The rest of the edits I made to the build itself as I kept checking prices.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-11-28 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Big thanks once again to you and Keller especially. I think there is no place where people are willing to help others in teh same way as in an online computer forum
    much appreciatet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait, I kept making so many edits and the total price/links are wrong. This is the final FINAL one:

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Pro3
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Mushkin Blackline 8GB
    Cooler - Xigmatek Gaia
    HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500GB
    GPU - Gigabyte GTX660
    PSU - XFX Core 550w
    Case - CM Storm Enforcer

Total: ~$772 EUR
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-11-28 at 09:01 PM.