View Poll Results: Would you play a child of Azeroth?

Voters
121. This poll is closed
  • YES

26 21.49%
  • NO

59 48.76%
  • No, and I would probably unsub.

36 29.75%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's an MMO, Mabinogi I believe, where you start off as a child. As you level you age. There are things that you cannot do, like professions, and wandering too far from town, until you get to a certain level and become an adult. It's not too far fetched an idea.

Also, there's Wizard 101, where you're a kid in wizarding school. The game is meant to be kid friendly, and you don't really fight, you card battle, and when you lose a card battle, you're not dead, you're just sent back to town with 1 health.

I just think that in WoW, that is clearly meant for adults, giving peple the chance to act out inappropriate things with child characters is asking for trouble. Maybe, if Blizz spun off a completely seperate game, called Children of Azeroth, and it was a kid-like version of WoW that did not actually mix with WoW, like you're only a kid, and you focus more on pet battles and sparring and you don't venture too far from Stormwind/Orgrimar, maybe.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Why bother to have children characters in the game at all. Also, it might appeal to younger players. We already have 8, 9, and 10 year olds playing the game. Maybe they want to roll a toon that looks like them and do some easier quests.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 01:45 PM ----------

Again, just throwing it out there. I voted no on it as well, but I figured someone other than the RP community would be receptive to the idea.
    Because they contribute to the world, to make it more alive. They are NPC's that enhance the experience, but should not be playable.
    And no, kids don't want to play something that looks like them. They want to play the big badass, or the handsome hero. Besides, do we really need more children? I think children are one of the reasons the community went to shit. That, or lots of people just act like children.

And voting "no" on your own idea seems kind of... weird, since you obviously put time into it.
    Not trying to be insulting or anything. Everyone can have his ideas and opinions. I just don't think this is a good one.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    --REMOVED--

Don't post spam
    Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you honestly want to be spending hundreds of hours playing and playing alongside... this? O.o

God that goblin kid already freaks me out.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    And voting "no" on your own idea seems kind of... weird, since you obviously put time into it.
    Not trying to be insulting or anything. Everyone can have his ideas and opinions. I just don't think this is a good one.
    My vote was essentially my opinion. Just trying to gauge if this were something that would be popular or not. If Blizz gets a wild hair and decides to go for it, I wanna make sure I have another game to go to. I already dislike the kids running through SW. I would love to summon my striped nightsaber and let him eat William and Donna and shit out that stupid gorilla. Hated those two for years.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Would you honestly want to be spending hundreds of hours playing and playing alongside... this? O.o

God that goblin kid already freaks me out.
    Crazy that the image even exists.

With apologies to any parent who has lost a child at any point. Maybe skip this post.

The OP doesn't sound like a parent to me, though of course I could be wrong.

Let me explain: Some parents flip out when their children are in danger.

I think it might be a mammal thing. "Whereas solo bears will usually retreat upon seeing humans, a mother bear protecting her cubs will attack any threat. However, black bears are an exception; mothers will sometimes urge their offspring into trees for protection instead of remaining on the ground."

This at least sometimes applies to humans too, not necessarily even of their own children.

Basically, if I have to watch children being killed in WoW, I will cancel my subscription that minute. Blizzard knows this, they're parents too. It's why you can't harm enemy children in the game - they don't want to lose customers or hear reports of people setting new distance records for their monitors. Adrenaline, you know?

That's another reason for parents being so protective - babies are called miracles because they freaking die. Often. Way more parents have experienced this than you hear about - it's painful and something most of us would rather not contemplate.

So anyway, that's why. At least in my opinion.

I would be SO using them as gathering profession slaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It's like a game... WITHIN A GAME. WOOOahhhh
    Gather the Battle Pets, we ride at dawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    That's just creepy. Hope you don't have access to any live children :P
    rofl@ this comment makes me laugh.

i agree theres no point having children as a class in wow.. its degrading... plus it might turn kids off the game as well so it'd be a bad business move to piss off a small part of their subscriber base.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Basically, if I have to watch children being killed in WoW, I will cancel my subscription that minute.
    Which is why in 2 of my posts, I mentioned they do not die. They fall unconcious and wake up with a nurse at the Inn (or orphanage). Killing kids is wrong. And you're right, I am not a parent. I'm sure if I were, I would be spending less time in a video game, and more time at their soccer games (or whatever it is parents do). This was merely a hypothetical poll.

Deleted
    What i think the op means is a whole other game inside the game, A game where you are a kid living in a safe world just running around having fun, not killing anything just using wodden sword to scare away the scary spider or something. I wouldnt mind this sort of gameplay but it doesnt really fit the whole warcraft lore.

Quote Originally Posted by pippen1001 View Post
    What i think the op means is a whole other game inside the game, A game where you are a kid living in a safe world just running around having fun, not killing anything just using wodden sword to scare away the scary spider or something. I wouldnt mind this sort of gameplay but it doesnt really fit the whole warcraft lore.
    There you go. This was a great way to phrase it. Figured with the pandas, and the pet battles that it almost felt as though this was going to become some type of reality. If it were a Game within a game, and at level 40 you could then "grow" your young toon into an adult and head out for the real world questing. Again. All hypothetical.

We already have gnomes, who can tell the difference.

The child hero is an ancient storytelling device, and it particularly is done well in the Legend of Zelda, but this thread just seems really weird to me.
    But it's a great thread for our younger forum posters and teens to get mad about kid's stuff because they want edgy and sophisticated adult stuff. Don't you dare let children in their video game.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I'd make a child character. It's nice RP stuff and ofcourse new content which should be seen.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    We already have gnomes, who can tell the difference.
    As a guy who once had 5 different gnome classes on the same server, I can tell you that kids... are slightly taller lol. Plus, it kinda creeped me out seeing the RPers on Moonguard using Gnomes in this fashion lol

I'm baffled, why did you even make a topic for this if even you admit that it's weird and you don't want it in the game?
    Why are you defending the idea if you voted no?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'm baffled, why did you even make a topic for this if even you admit that it's weird and you don't want it in the game?
    Why are you defending the idea if you voted no?
    I'll explain it.... again.... I was curious to get a general consensus to see what the populous thought about "if" kids were introduced as a playable class. In smaller words... I wuz wunderin wut folkz thott. Can't explain it any better than I was curious and made an off topic. Also, explanation to others is not defense. It is explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculous and very creepy, no way.

Not as ridiculous as people claiming they'd unsub tho.

Deleted
    I defenitely would play it. I would run around naked and die at every possible thing with glee.

Also i would shout and annoy the hell out of everyone as a proper child.

EDIT: would also fit the lore with pandas and Deathwing being destroyed by yellow frisbee.