Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I did all of the dailies without ever getting flagged. Not sure what the fuss is about.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lywyu View Post
    World of Warcraft. Sorry buddy, if you hate it so much then just let it go.

If you had read you would see I just don't do the content.

Since when does Warcraft = MUST HAVE PVP.
    They could easily make a war without requiring PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Since when does Warcraft = MUST HAVE PVP.
    They could easily make a war without requiring PvP.
    They alsways made war without pvp. Warcraft always had the PVE as lore-carrier. I highly doubt they will try to mess around even more with the PVE audience and do something about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did those dailies today on a PvE server.

I did not flag.

Moral of the story: Don't flag on a PvE server.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I did those dailies today on a PvE server.

I did not flag.

Moral of the story: Don't flag on a PvE server.

Read please? You would see there is some kind of bug flagging people. I was getting flagged destroying the crates.

Then don't flag pvp or don't engage in pvp when doing these dailies? Holy hell people.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The quests and the normal mobs do not flag you by themselves.

However, if you go too close to the opposite factions "Command" building, there will be flagged NPC's, and THOSE will flag you.

As to the griefers, even on a PvE server like mine, there will ALWAYS be the PvP "heroes" that will flag up, then hump your face while you're killing mobs hoping you will target them by mistake, thereby flagging yourself inadvertently, and then while you're fighting other mobs, and not even aware you're flagged, they are jumping you with buddies.

So, if you see some guy with yellow text humping your face while killing quest mobs, don't blindly tab/target

You can do the entire thing without PVPing, but you do have to take care of your AOE and such, because there are people who are flagged who are just looking for someone to flag themselves accidentally. These would be those really cool people who, despite voluntarily playing on a PVE server with PVP servers readily available, think the hardcore truth of the world is world PVP and that the correct way to achieve it is to get people to accidentally flag themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read please? You would see there is some kind of bug flagging people. I was getting flagged destroying the crates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Then don't flag pvp or don't engage in pvp when doing these dailies? Holy hell people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    The quests and the normal mobs do not flag you by themselves.

However, if you go too close to the opposite factions "Command" building, there will be flagged NPC's, and THOSE will flag you.

As to the griefers, even on a PvE server like mine, there will ALWAYS be the PvP "heroes" that will flag up, then hump your face while you're killing mobs hoping you will target them by mistake, thereby flagging yourself inadvertently, and then while you're fighting other mobs, and not even aware you're flagged, they are jumping you with buddies.

So, if you see some guy with yellow text humping your face while killing quest mobs, don't blindly tab/target
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    You can do the entire thing without PVPing, but you do have to take care of your AOE and such, because there are people who are flagged who are just looking for someone to flag themselves accidentally. These would be those really cool people who, despite voluntarily playing on a PVE server with PVP servers readily available, think the hardcore truth of the world is world PVP and that the correct way to achieve it is to get people to accidentally flag themselves.

Can none of you read?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can none of you read?
    Yes I can, but now my care cup is quite empty.

I don't think that anybody didn't read, I think it's more that... well, unless you are saying you were flat out alone among the unflagged NPC mobs and have truly eliminated all other possible interaction with flagged NPCs or flagged players, that you are mistaken about how you are getting flagged. Occam's Razor.

Killing guards gets you flaged thats nothing new. Has been allways so on pve realms.

then bug report to blizzard, as that is simply nothing more than a bug, its a new patch its never perfect.

you died to another player due to a bug flagging you.

i died today flying over warsong lumbercamp in ashenvale due to a dismounting bug (well known i talked with GM they said they tried multiple hotifxes so far with no joy yet but are still trying) should i threaten to quit because a bug instantly killed my character twice? no i report the issue and move on blizzard are sorting this as fast as possible its not always a quick fix.

I would love to see an alliance on my server, the biggest issue I have is actually getting to kill something in a timely manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    then bug report to blizzard, as that is simply nothing more than a bug, its a new patch its never perfect.

you died to another player due to a bug flagging you.

i died today flying over warsong lumbercamp in ashenvale due to a dismounting bug (well known i talked with GM they said they tried multiple hotifxes so far with no joy yet but are still trying) should i threaten to quit because a bug instantly killed my character twice? no i report the issue and move on blizzard are sorting this as fast as possible its not always a quick fix.

I'm not really complaining about the bug. More about people who can't read saying people are getting flagged by pvping.

I flew down clicked my mouse on the crate to destroy it. when I mounted back up I was flagged. I targeted nothing else, I didn't hit one single ability on my bars.

I was no where near the elite pvp mobs. Trust me I hate pvp so I'm very careful about flagging.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty funny to see more Alliance than Horde in the Horde camp....
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    This! I have quite a lot of friends on both factions on my server, nothing more satisfying than coming across people I like and slaughtering them! It's just harder cos PvE server.
    I still don't understand why people are so wanting world PvP, but not on a PvP server. I think most players don't actually want world PvP, they just want to PvP anywhere in the world when it's convenient for them.

That being said, doing the dailies today my party aggroed a Horde guard and it flagged us for PvP while killing a rare. So of course we got prison-raped by several Horde players and camped for a bit. I waited out my PvP flag and accepted the raise and was unflagged, but them a Horde warrior charged me and took me down in seconds. Sometimes you're not flagged but still killable for some reason.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    Soooooo...... after getting ganked 6 times on a PVE server trying to do the new dailies I've come | | that close to cancelling my account.
    Is it normal? I mean, is this how it's going to be, constant ganking by group of 5-6 hordes ?
    Nothing in the questlines requires you to flag or flags you. You either got duped by someone standing in your AoE flagged (this is stupid) or you flew somewhere pvp guards are and got yourself flagged (not supposed to quest there). Either way you're on a PvE server, just wait for your flag to drop?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Nothing in the questlines requires you to flag or flags you. You either got duped by someone standing in your AoE flagged (this is stupid) or you flew somewhere pvp guards are and got yourself flagged (not supposed to quest there). Either way you're on a PvE server, just wait for your flag to drop?

Just wondering if you read past the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Dude, I'm gonna do this one so poor slozon doesn't have to.

He gave SPECIFIC examples of when his flag popped. One of them was WHILE LOOTING A MOB. Something that never should flag you in ANY circumstance.

Guys for the love of fuck read the kids post if you wanna reply with "I didn't get flagged you must be doing it wrong"