Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Uhhh... no... any true keybinder won't keep those... they use by clicking both left and right buttons on the mouse... I keep A and D for strafing, but that's it. Why would I use W when it can be a keybind... or even worse, that's taking away my middle finger from pressing other hotkeys.
    If you PVP you would see the benefit. It allows you to pan all around you moving forward with W while using the mouse to look. Try it out, its pretty rad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok sure, you might be a good player that clicks. But note this, you will be a better play if you keybind and mouse turn/move. The sooner you realise it's bad to be content with doing things that work fine when there are much better and efficient ways to do things, the sooner you will become a better player.

Deleted
    I don't see what's so impressive with this tbh, some random clicker playing prot in a bg didn't impress me

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know man, most of all his fights were 2v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    You still cannot strafe properly while turning and keep up with all your gcd's, unless you move in one direction or has camera view somehow keybinded
    I have more than one finger. I can press more than one key at once.

Deleted
    after an arguement with guildmembers, i set up my UI so that i could click my way through LKHC10 because they thought it was very hard, the result is this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JcCSOQbiDM

i suggest you mute your sound.

for the record, clicking is bad, mkay. it was really hard to play like that, if it was actually hard content (0-15% buff) i would have been screwed a few times due to slow reactions.

just thought i would share because people seem to be enjoying OP's video =p

edit: and i was doing less damage as i normally would have been, in competitive content that really would have sucked. although tbh if you arent doing competitive content play however you like.
    Last edited by mmocbcb00598eb; 2012-11-28 at 07:11 PM.

Don't really see what's so bad about clicking.

Way back when I did end game raids, I always clicked. It always felt alot more comfortable with me, and I always managed to be one of the top in DPS. THough, I played a caster, so that can be the reason. I've never tried it as a melee, so it could be alot different.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Uhhh... no... any true keybinder won't keep those... they use by clicking both left and right buttons on the mouse... I keep A and D for strafing, but that's it. Why would I use W when it can be a keybind... or even worse, that's taking away my middle finger from pressing other hotkeys.
    The reason you wouldn't use just mouse 1+2 to move, is that when doing so you can't target people with the mouse, which means you have to tab target... basically just as bad as clicking. Also if you rotate your keyboard slightly so the left side is towards your better and the right side is away from you, not completely, just by 30-40 degrees, you can utilize your non-middle fingers for more keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I have more than one finger. I can press more than one key at once.
    Doesnt matter how many fingers you have if you only have 1 mouse

??

Clicking vs keybinding is one of those things that have been blown way out of proportion. If you play a melee class, then your ass better learn to keybind. If you don't, you'll get by just fine unless you have some attention and/or motor skill deficiency.

Backpeddling, contrary to popular opinion, makes you badass. BOOM! You just got destroyed while I was walking backwards, Bitch!

You cant click and move at the same time unless you are a key board turner and that creates more problems
    So the problem isn't if you can click as fast as key binding the problem is while you are clicking you are not moving unless you are using your keyboard to move and we all know the problems that creates

Then the second problem i see is you are busy watching your tool bar and not having your eyes in the game

Clicking can be sufficient but you will never reach the level of proficiency as a key binder
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2012-11-28 at 07:24 PM.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I keybind and run with the mouse. I do have a hard time though when i Shift and Alt, sometimes i mess it up. Does anyone else do this?

when you hit a button on a keyboard you can account for lag and hit the next key a few mili seconds before the cooldown is finished displaying on your screen because of lag. with a mouse you cant, and he is spam clicking a lot, which wont actually activate the ability until a few mili seconds after the click because of this.

in the end it really doesn't matter. this is some prot pally in a random BG not exactly indicative of anything

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Ok sure, you might be a good player that clicks. But note this, you will be a better play if you keybind and mouse turn/move. The sooner you realise it's bad to be content with doing things that work fine when there are much better and efficient ways to do things, the sooner you will become a better player.
    As someone that has switched I see no noticeable improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
    after an arguement with guildmembers, i set up my UI so that i could click my way through LKHC10 because they thought it was very hard, the result is this video:
    It may have to do with the enormous amount of crap cluttering your screen...

I have most everything keybound, but I still click a few long cd abilities simply because they are almost all defensive cooldowns that are generally used proactively.

The video is crap and this horse is so dead it's not even funny.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    when you hit a button on a keyboard you can account for lag and hit the next key a few mili seconds before the cooldown is finished displaying on your screen because of lag. with a mouse you cant, and he is spam clicking a lot, which wont actually activate the ability until a few mili seconds after the click because of this.

in the end it really doesn't matter. this is some prot pally in a random BG not exactly indicative of anything

Clicking on the button has to same exact effect as hitting a keybind. You can not hit a keybind any faster then a clicker can click.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Clicking on the button has to same exact effect as hitting a keybind. You can not hit a keybind any faster then a clicker can click.
    But we can hit more than one keybind, including off-the GCD abilities, faster than you can accurately move the mouse and click, WHILE strafing or backpeddling or using the mouse to switch directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Keybinders mouse move, so they're unable to strafe, which means yes, they have either no ability to kite.
    o.O I primarily keybind everything except for long CDs and I am still able to strafe with my keyboard. I only use my mouse to turn the camera and, as I said, click long CDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    It may have to do with the enormous amount of crap cluttering your screen...

I have most everything keybound, but I still click a few long cd abilities simply because they are almost all defensive cooldowns that are generally used proactively.

The video is crap and this horse is so dead it's not even funny.
    the fact the video was crap was the entire point of my post.

and yes, the horse is quite dead (see the date i posted my video on) if anything i would rather people dont do what is shown in the video
    Last edited by mmocbcb00598eb; 2012-11-28 at 07:37 PM.

Clickers will always say that it isnt as bad as people claim. And yeah, they can do OK with clicking ofc...
    But a friend of mine was a clicker trough Vanilla and TBC, and when WotLK I finaly convinced him to try to keybind everything - he improved ALOT.

So to sum it up;
    1. Clicking is OK, and you will be doing OK (If you learn it properly)
    2. Keybindings will ALWAYS be faster, as you got 4-5 fingers to reach buttons with, and you can easly move around by using your mouse while dealing dmg/healing
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore