Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This isn't exactly a new idea... I mean, did you fight Algalon? It's pretty much canon that the pantheon is at least considering (if not dead set on) destroying all life on Azeroth.

Isn't the reason Algalon let us live was because we showed him that us mortals had the power to keep this planet from total corruption? It doesn't at all seem like the Titans fear our strength. If anything he admired it.

I don't quite think the OP understands just how powerful the Titans are, and if / when Sargeras becomes an encounter I am willing to bet it's because the Titans are helping in a big way. As in without the help of the Titans Sargeras' mere thought wouldn't wipe us from existence.

The only way I see us versing the Titans is if we become the bad guys - and that's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2012-11-29 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrealiabronze View Post
    well they say there were 5 old gods, 2 of which are dead ysharjjj and C'thun who the titans thought was dead and we kill again, Yogg saron i thought died in ulduar, N'Zoth is locked up somewhere and his big plan has failed, now theres 1 other old god we have not heard from
    I wonder what the titans have been doing and if they have paid any attention as to what has happened on Azeroth or are at least aware that the Dragon Aspects have retired
    Technically, nobody has killed any of the Old Gods. C'Thun and Yogg have just been defeated. The Titans themselves almost lost the fight with the Old Gods when they were at full strength and even they couldn't kill them. So they imprisoned them instead.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt we mortals would kill the Titans. Well, all of them. Sargeras will certainly be toast (including all the setbacks). We might take down a Pantheon member or two, not counting Sargeras, and a number of regular-types Titans just to prove a point.
    Last edited by kaikoraimi; 2012-11-29 at 05:55 AM. Reason: typo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkenoff View Post
    I would have played MoP if it had been Sargeras instead of Pandas. That followed by the Titans would have made a nice finale to WoW. After the epicness that was Cata, I just couldn't deal with pandas. I still remember the trailer for Cata when it came out, showing us flying over the barrens. That had me sold for Cata. MoP? Just my opinion, but it wasn't for me. How is the Xpac going? Is it less cheesy than what I was thinking it would be?
    I was looking forward to Cata hoping it would be epic. Dragon soul was the biggest let down of an end instance since WoW's beginning. I was utterly disappointed with Cata. MoP, while it has a rather unimpressive premise, it does have the best leveling experience (personal opinion) since Vanilla, and the endgame content is enjoyable. It's not hugely "Epic" in terms of the magnitude of what we're fighting in the expansion (though the Sha of Fear fight looks pretty fun) but I feel it's pointless if a lore bigwig is epic but his in game encounter is incredibly lackluster.

Short hand. I'd prefer storytelling and lore to be in questing, endgame content and "final bosses" can be less epic if the fight itself is engaging and challenging.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Technically, nobody has killed any of the Old Gods. C'Thun and Yogg have just been defeated. The Titans themselves almost lost the fight with the Old Gods when they were at full strength and even they couldn't kill them. So they imprisoned them instead.
    The titans killed Y'shaarj and thought they had killed C'thun. Yogg-Saron and N'zoth (and whatever other old gods there are) were imprisoned only because they discovered that destroying them would destroy azeroth, which at the time they weren't too keen about doing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Once we have killed Sargeras, Blizzard will invent another big evil. Does anyone honestly think that Blizzard is going to give up on their biggest money maker? Ofc they aren't. They'll just invent more lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Once we have killed Sargeras, Blizzard will invent another big evil. Does anyone honestly think that Blizzard is going to give up on their biggest money maker? Ofc they aren't. They'll just invent more lore.
    They have been doing it for a while now: The Old Gods. The faction that has basically been nonexistent everywhere outside of WoW. And now with their retcon that there are more than 5 Old Gods, they have an unlimited supply of increasingly powerful baddies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually kinda like this idea. For me though, I would see it more as a "OMG, the mortals just killed an ex-Titan (Sargeras), that means they could kill us. We need to stop this."

They come in, we kick their ass, and mortals rule the world hence-forth.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

10+ Year Old Account
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I would love to see Sargeras as a big bad, especially since we've never truely seen him in game (posses Medivh would be the closest?) But it seems like it's very difficult for his true form to enter Azeroth, which is how they could spin it for us to beat him. He could enter as another avatar and we could kick his butt, but then I'd hope that we could somehow follow him into the nether and permanently kill him.

I'm still waiting on the emerald dream though. The nightmare there hasn't been fully defeated either, it's just being kept in check. It would be cool for that to be an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

The final boss of WoW will be: Richard A. Knaak.

Ever looked at the scale of the universe flash "game"? Yeah, we're like quantum foam to the Pantheon by comparison of power. Some serious retcons and freaking miracles would need to pass for us to even make a dent on their radar.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever looked at the scale of the universe flash "game"? Yeah, we're like quantum foam to the Pantheon by comparison of power. Some serious retcons and freaking miracles would need to pass for us to even make a dent on their radar.
    Aye. Going up against a titan would be like going against an ascended Lantian with a Zat'nik'tel.

People are under the false impression that we kicked Titan-Butt when we defeated Algalon and don't realize that he was merely another of their constructs. I guess that's why these threads are popping up.

The only entities that could theoretically fight against Sargeras himself are the Naaru. I'm not sure though whether they even intend to engage him at some point.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-11-29 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Aye. Going up against a titan would be like going against an ascended Lantian with a Zat'nik'tel.

People are under the false impression that we kicked Titan-Butt when we defeated Algalon and don't realize that he was merely another of their constructs. I guess that's why these threads are popping up.

The only entities that could theoretically fight against Sargeras himself are the Naaru. I'm not sure though whether they even intend to engage him at some point.
    ...Old Gods?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Old Gods?
    What about them? They are no match for the Titans. The only reason they still exist is because the Titans didn't want to destroy their creation just yet. Although with the ever increasing corruption they might change their mind.

You do realize that if we hadn't stopped Algalon, we, as well as any old god on Azeroth would be history right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    The OP Doesn't understand the power of the Titans. Why in the fuck would Thrall be there leading the charge? He's literally a tiny insect to the Pantheon. You've got the scale of things all wrong.
    Pure truth, the Pantheon would be the boot and Thrall would be the bug.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseej View Post
    I actually kinda like this idea. For me though, I would see it more as a "OMG, the mortals just killed an ex-Titan (Sargeras), that means they could kill us. We need to stop this."

They come in, we kick their ass, and mortals rule the world hence-forth.
    This has been my idea since wotlk. We kill Sargeras, The titans sheehow much power we actually have and see us as threat to their order and will think we are easily corruptible. I think we Might also be fighting old gods at the time too(which maybe they cause the titans to be corrupted?) but it would be much a better story if they decide to kill us without a third party...

False, certain weapons have been proven to hurt titans.
    What about them? They are no match for the Titans. The only reason they still exist is because the Titans didn't want to destroy their creation just yet. Although with the ever increasing corruption they might change their mind.

You do realize that if we hadn't stopped Algalon, we, as well as any old god on Azeroth would be history right now?
    Capturing the old gods was not an easy fight for them. I required many of the titans to get one old god.
    Last edited by apepi; 2012-11-29 at 11:43 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    False, certain weapons have been proven to hurt titans.
    Yes, but hurt != defeat or kill. Sticking a needle in Sargeras' Toe will only make him even more grumpy than he already is. And I doubt that we could equip an entire army with these "immortal" weapons.

Funny that, next game is called Titan, wonder what that could possibly be about.