Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Rupture for Combat is marginal at best (even IF you only apply it at medium insight or above, at low insight it's a loss IIRC), pretty much always been that way. In fact as you noticed you can actually lose DPS due to the clumsiness of trying to maintain the rotation, especially at low gear levels at the start of an expansion. Just drop it is my advice.
    Rupture does not magically become better than eviscerate at any insight level. BG is a flat damage increase, if you are at shallow insight it's +10% to both rupture and eviscerate, at deep insight it's +30% damage to both rupture and eviscerate. You can ignore your insight level when applying rupture.

The only thing regarding rupture that you should never do is clip the last tick of a higher insight rupture with a lower one. THAT is a dps loss. It is ok and in fact a damage gain to clip the last tick of a lower insight rupture with a higher insight one, but don't go out of your way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    I will look for the post but i was aware this was proved to be a lie when a few people on EJ posted proof that they updated dynamically
    All you need to do is take your rogue to the training dummy and cast rupture when there's 8-10 sec left on deep insight and just watch ticks. Ofc you should disable trinket/DS procs before using rupture.