Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's just a rumor... people combined the FPS rumor and merged it with the recent Steampunk revival going on.
    Not to mention two of Blizzard's artists dropping lots of Steampunk concept art that don't fit anywhere.
    FYI - Blackthorn was a Steampunk/Cyberpunk style world. Just saying. :P
    FYI, the word Black is too little to tie those two, and the concept art is not like Blackthorne. No Jungle.

BTW, there is still the possibility they are hyping the D3 PvP patch to TRY to save that fiasco.
    Last edited by Buu; 2012-11-30 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    project blackstone is an ARPG game developed by blizzard and it will be f2p, the story of the game is related to d3.

Hrmmmm.... the more I think about this - isn't it a wee bit early to trademark a new name?

Traditionally when they announce an expansion at Blizzcon - they trademark the name a month or two BEFORE Blizzcon.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that this might be announced before Blizzcon. Just like SC2 and D3 were originally announced not at Blizzcon.

... or... maybe it is a Diablo based MMO!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protiddhoni View Post
    ... or... maybe it is a Diablo based MMO!
    Unlikely the resources are still being poured into TITAN and more wow stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    sequel to blackthorne !

LOL! I actually used to have that game on SNES

Hrmmmm.... the more I think about this - isn't it a wee bit early to trademark a new name?

Traditionally when they announce an expansion at Blizzcon - they trademark the name a month or two BEFORE Blizzcon.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that this might be announced before Blizzcon. Just like SC2 and D3 were originally announced not at Blizzcon.
    This isn't a name trademark. They're just getting the website domain name.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    FYI, the word Black is too little to tie those two, and the concept art is not like Blackthorne. No Jungle.
    Dude... where in the Warcraft I, II, or III did we have crystalline interplanetary spaceships?

Tell me how a steam-powered robot and a jungle tie together? What's stopping them from expanding the Blackthrone world/universe? Or (gasp!) redesigning the world?

Deleted
    Or they are just trying to buy time for 7 bux, will keep us speculating for 2 months before we realize that they have not given us the PVP they promised for D3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    This isn't a name trademark. They're just getting the website domain name.
    Uh-huh... just as everybody was saying last year that Mists of Pandaria is more likely going to be an iPhone/Facebook game than a Warcraft expansion... :P

They're not making a website just for yucks, you know. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be extremely optimistic with this and say it's the title of Warcraft 4.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Uh-huh... just as everybody was saying last year that Mists of Pandaria is more likely going to be an iPhone/Facebook game than a Warcraft expansion... :P

They're not making a website just for yucks, you know. :P
    ...You do know the difference between a website creation and a name trademark, correct?

The MoP speculation was an actual trademark. A legally binding thing. This, on the other hand, is just a website. It could mean nothing. It could mean everything. It could just be Blizzard covering all their bases; they have an idea and want to make sure they have the website just in case they run with it.

Hell, I could make a website called d3expansionforreals.com, does that mean I'm going to make a D3 expansion? Not really. However, if I were to trademark a name, that means I've dropped money on it and have more serious plans to actually do something with it.

I agree that this is probably something, but trying to compare it to the MoP speculation is just foolish. Website creation =/= trademarking a name. VERY far from it.

Besides, my actual point was that it's not too early at all to be sorting this stuff out. It's not a trademark, so it doesn't break their '2 months before Blizzcon' rule. As I said, they're covering their bases.

I don't think it's about Diablo, SC or WoW :/
    It can be Titan related.
    Or could be this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackthorne

Either Titan, or a Blackthorne-based game.... This got me excited!

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If this ends up being Titan... then my theory that if MoP didn't do very well, they would push Titan up front to establish a new cash-cow to help suplement and announce it at this Blizzcon is coming true.
    They announce a game at Blizzcon? Shocker !

But you are right, i think too that titan will be announced at Blizzcon next year, way too much times has passed since the first mentions of the project, also probably new infos about the next wow exp and maybe d3 expansion. Looks like a solid event once again, there are things to show
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Is the rumor based on the pictures of one of the artists who has a personal steampunk project?
    Good grief... I just read that article. It says RIGHT THERE that this art is just his personal project! Here's an excerpt:

If you’re wondering where all these post-steampunk (note: not a real term) images come from, it’s a personal project of his set in the alternate early 20th-century city of Dustrum, which is being made into a book and which looks amazing.
    That image has NOTHING to do with the new Blizz MMORPG. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting Blizzcon to be relatively interesting in 2013. It's not out of line to imagine announcements about a WoW expansion, a D3 expansion and some news about whatever Titan is. Whether or not this has anything to do with anything remains to be seen. I see that hasn't kept some people from pontificating on it as if they know something and can predict the future. Pundits exist outside of politics I guess.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    They announce a game at Blizzcon? Shocker !

But you are right, i think too that titan will be announced at Blizzcon next year, way too much times has passed since the first mentions of the project, also probably new infos about the next wow exp and maybe d3 expansion. Looks like a solid event once again, there are things to show
    Actually... they so far have never announced a new game at Blizzcon. Only WoW expansions have been announced at Blizzcon.

Starcraft 2 was announced at a Korean event... and D3 was it's own separate announcement all its own early in the year.

If it is Titan... I'm actually speculating on a early 2013 announcement, providing powerful hype for Blizzcon 2013 with additional info.

and D3 was it's own separate announcement all its own early in the year.
    I thought they had that "frozen" splash screen thing running prior to Blizzcon? And when Blizzon/D3 announcement arrived, the frost cover was gone. Coul very well be that I'm remembering it not correctly, though.

If this ends up being Titan... then my theory that if MoP didn't do very well, they would push Titan up front to establish a new cash-cow to help suplement and announce it at this Blizzcon is coming true.
    I think they're nearing the point when they have to get Titan going, or else there's going to be a gap.

Of course assuming Titan will be a success is a huge gamble, but they don't have much choice.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"