WW weapon question

I have 2 Gara'kal fist weapons with dancing steel and 1/2 upgrade. Is the LFR verson of Claws of Shek'zeer better if upgraded 2/2 and with the gem or should I keep the weapons I have until I get the reg from HoF?

Deleted
    you answer your own question in your question. save the gem and wait for normal claws. why waste it in an LFR item then pay 10k for another.

just making sure I wasn't over thinking it or that there wasn't something I was missing lol. Thanks

Deleted
    What ilvl are your Fist weapons? As you only asked about the LFR Claws. But I'm guessing it is LFR versions your comparing? If you have spare cash, 10k gold isn't a lot at all these days and worth it, dependent your economy situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I threw my quest gem into an LFR weapon weeks and weeks ago, and guess what - it's still there due to not having any Normal drops.

If you're "saving the gem" you may well end up saving it until 5.2 if you get unlucky. Why not just use it? 10k is a really trivial sum of cash these days - my monk was a totally fresh starter on a new server, so had no opportunity for leaching from my other toons, and he's currently sitting on about 18k gold. All this is front dailies, vendoring all the trash I find and auctioning things I come across day-to-day like cooking supplies. Never once done any herb farming and I have no idea how to play the AH.

Long story short, just use your gem. Don't sit on it forever hoping for something better, that's a waste.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I have 2 reg gara's from vaults ilvl 489 and each upgraded 1 time so they are like 491's the main question is since monks rely heavily on weapon dps would I lose dps just to use my gem?