Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I have a degree in Biology. So no specific training, but I can work on that if I have a direction/job to work to.
    Awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Swedish is still an official language of Finland, thats why they need to learn it
    What I just said... I'm Finnish so I know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Dutch* Don't ask me why we're called Dutch with a Dutch language when we're from the Netherlands though... Silly Englishers.
    I just wish we had more languages to choose from, I've always been interested in Asian culture and languages, but it's hard finding even a Spanish course here...
    And I meant Netherlands as a country, not the Dutch people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I have no idea what that nickname means. And yeah, most Finns are pretty good at languages. At least compared to some of Europe since we start studying them when we're fairly young. Like I've always been great in English.
    It's actually "Hurrit". It's a anti-pet name for Finns who moved to Sweden. Not sure if it's a made up word or not though.

Yeah, you guys have a lot of languages to keep track on. You are also one of the best educated people in the world if I'm not mistaken.
    It doesn't show on the older generations(50's,60's people) though xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Dyra has a degree in biology? But you were working for a battery company or something weren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Better than you did Asme? What did you do?
    Fail after a month three times

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god I get rusty in sc2 quick... need more oil!
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

And I meant Netherlands as a country, not the Dutch people.
    Ah, I assumed you were talking about languages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dyra has a degree in biology? But you were working for a battery company or something weren't you?
    Yup. Just shows how crap life can get.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww :<

Hope that does not happen with me, I didn't even know you could fail it after only a month. Figured you'd have to complete at least your first year xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    It's actually "Hurrit". It's a anti-pet name for Finns who moved to Sweden. Not sure if it's a made up word or not though.

Yeah, you guys have a lot of languages to keep track on. You are also one of the best educated people in the world if I'm not mistaken.
    It doesn't show on the older generations(50's,60's people) though xD
    Hm. I haven't heard it around where I live so it could be a local slang.
    And true. That's why most of Finns are actually unemployed because people are "over educated". There's no jobs similiar to their education and a lot of people don't want to do any of the "lower tier jobs", such as cleaning up or selling burgers.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 01:42 PM ----------

Ah, I assumed you were talking about languages.
    I meant the country as a whole that studies more languages at school than we Finns do in Finland. But it might've been a bit confusing 'cause I was talking about languages in the last sentence.

Aww :<

Hope that does not happen with me, I didn't even know you could fail it after only a month. Figured you'd have to complete at least your first year xD
    Completely losing all interest and stop doing anything for the study counts as a fail for me.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 12:44 PM ----------

And true. That's why most of Finns are actually unemployed because people are "over educated". There's no jobs similiar to their education and a lot of people don't want to do any of the "lower tier jobs", such as cleaning up or selling burgers.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 01:42 PM ----------

I meant the country as a whole that studies more languages at school than we Finns do in Finland. But it might've been a bit confusing 'cause I was talking about languages in the last sentence.
    Now I'm confused, let me read that post again

Deleted
    Now I'm confused, let me read that post again
    It was a bit confusing now that I'm reading it again. Since I mentioned languages, then I talked about Netherlands as a country and right after I talked about my boyfriend (who is Dutch). Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    +13

I wish the UK had put more emphasis on learning languages. :<

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish NZ did too Dyra :<

Asme, did you still have to pay a lot for that?

I don't know how it is in Finnland, but here you get 70% of you last earned income for a certain period. I wouldn't clean toilets or sell burgers for 40 hours per week if that would net me less income/equal than what I get for doing nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 12:53 PM ----------

It was a bit confusing now that I'm reading it again. Since I mentioned languages, then I talked about Netherlands as a country and right after I talked about my boyfriend (who is Dutch). Oh well.
    He's Dutch

Only Dutch, German, French and English are mandatory here. Don't know what study he does though.

Deleted
    This is so kinky. I have the worst cold sore in the history of history. I just made myself a Nutella sandwich. It's so delicious but it hurts so bad every time I take a bite. Yet, I can't stop eating it. Pain+pleasure is a bitch...

10+ Year Old Account
    + 14

Oil! Feels good to win games.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    I don't know how it is in Finnland, but here you get 70% of you last earned income for a certain period. I wouldn't clean toilets or sell burgers for 40 hours per week if that would net me less income/equal than what I get for doing nothing.
    We have nothing settling the income like that. You get paid what you get paid and that's it. Even if you'd go from being a high class boss to a janitor. It's different for people like a politician or a headguy at Nokia. You get some sort of pay after you're fired/retire/whatever.

I wish NZ did too Dyra :<

Asme, did you still have to pay a lot for that?
    When did you move to Australia?

And yes... 3x 1600 + a few hundred for books + rent for the room. Next to that I have 11k debt that I need to pay back over a 20 year period, so that isn't too bad. You can pay back like as little as 50 per month.

Deleted
    When did you move to Australia?

And yes... 3x 1600 + a few hundred for books + rent for the room. Next to that I have 11k debt that I need to pay back over a 20 year period, so that isn't too bad. You can pay back like as little as 50 per month.
    Don't you have interest on the loan? The longer it takes you to pay it off, the higher the loan become?