[Fire] Mastery is now the best Fire Mage stat?

Am I understanding this correctly? When I saw the Critical Mass nerf it did cross my mind that mastery might just rise a bit, but I didn't expect it to overtake crit. I suppose I ought to wait a week for Blizzard to go "oops" again and revert the nerf partially.
    Last edited by Choda; 2012-12-02 at 02:53 PM.

Euh, what??

I think you are confusing Pyromaniac with Critical Mass. Anyways, I still dont get your logic. How would a crit nerf benefit Mastery? Crit has only become more important then it used to be, and Mastery has become weaker then before. No crits = low ignites and shitty combustions.

A Fire Mage should probably consider stacking yellow crit gems in red and blue slots.

Deleted
    Fire nerf just made the spec useless until the next tier or the one after that. Mastery keeps being the worst stat and crit is even more important than ever

10+ Year Old Account
    No, mastery is still our worst stat.

Fire mages having less crit only means that mastery would drop even lower.

Sorry, yes, I meant Critical Mass. The logic behind it was that now critical is less valuable than it was, as is haste, as we do not benefit from it THAT much anymore. The earlier locked thread had some people suggest that mastery is now the top-tier stat for fire mages, which I am trying to confirm or refute, as it does seem a bit far fetched to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just ran SimulationCraft, 50000 iterations, and mastery is still my worst stat by far.