Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Glad to hear it!

Lost in Dark Souls. =/

Yourself?
    Just finished up a few hours of Dark Souls. Now I'm gonna sit around and chat with someone.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

ouch D:

=o
    Yeah. and since i'm trying to do something stupid with my sleep schedule, i can't go back to sleep. Not for another . . . . 15 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Hello thread. In skimming through and catching up, I see a lot of people talking about weird dreams again, so I thought I'd actually share mine.

For some reason I'm sort-of-but-not-really a middle school aged kid again. It's like, I'm seeing things from his perspective, but I'm not him. Anyway, apparently, the day before this kid had had a friend come from a different school or area and spent the day with him in school. She ended up getting harassed by the local bully, and the kid had twisted the kids arm to the point of pain to get him to leave her alone.

Naturally, he got in trouble, but it didn't stop there. The part that was my actual dream, the kid was in class, and the teacher was a really big hippy type, all for pacifism. So she was digging into him, and the whole class was playing along, taunting him, and trying to make him feel like shit. Finally, he had enough. He stood up, and gave a big speech about how it was right for the principal to punish him, as he'd broken the rules on fighting, but what the teacher was doing was wrong. He hadn't pursued the kid, he reacted to the guy's unwanted advances on his friend, and though he hadn't handled it perfectly, he hadn't pushed farther than necessary.

After that, one other kid in the class stood up for him, and the teacher got all shamefaced. That's when I woke up. Crazy elaborate dream.
    Why is it all of you folks can remember yours, but all I can remember is that I had a dream.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    Just finished up a few hours of Dark Souls. Now I'm gonna sit around and chat with someone.
    Where do I go after I beat the first boss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Yeah. and since i'm trying to do something stupid with my sleep schedule, i can't go back to sleep. Not for another . . . . 15 hours or so.
    Weird

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why is it all of you folks can remember yours, but all I can remember is that I had a dream.
    I don't remember all of mine, just the weird ones.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Weird
    How is it weird?

Weird
    If you're standing at the Firelink Shrine bonfire, and facing the guy sitting on the wall, you want to turn about 90 degrees to the right. You should see a staircase going up the side of the cliff. This leads you on your way to Undead Burg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    How is it weird?
    Everything is weird at this hour!

Everything is weird at this hour!
    Fair enough frey.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're standing at the Firelink Shrine bonfire, and facing the guy sitting on the wall, you want to turn about 90 degrees to the right. You should see a staircase going up the side of the cliff. This leads you on your way to Undead Burg.
    Not that first boss. The guy you head pounce over and over on a thin parapet

10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote this earlier when you mentioned the dragon and the knight.

If you mean the one on the bridge, try to run through the first wave of flames with your shield up and stick to the right. There's a stairway halfway across you need to go down. The one across from that has a ladder to open a shortcut. :P The big black knight at the bottom of that stairwell is technically not something you're supposed to fight yet. But it IS beatable if you time your dodges and backstab it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I always remember my dreams and I sometimes have dreams where (in my dream) I wake up and proceed with my day as normal. I can often tell when I am dreaming but these ones I never figure out. When I wake up I am usually momentarily confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    K, beat Tetris Attack vs. mode on hard without losing once. My mind and left hand now hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    I wrote this earlier when you mentioned the dragon and the knight.

If you mean the one on the bridge, try to run through the first wave of flames with your shield up and stick to the right. There's a stairway halfway across you need to go down. The one across from that has a ladder to open a shortcut. :P The big black knight at the bottom of that stairwell is technically not something you're supposed to fight yet. But it IS beatable if you time your dodges and backstab it.
    ^ Just like this. There's a stair on the right side of the bridge that you go down. Cross that room, go down a bit more, and kick the ladder down for a shortcut from the Undead Burg bonfire, then go back to the room just under the bridge and proceed across underneath the dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Just like this. There's a stair on the right side of the bridge that you go down. Cross that room, go down a bit more, and kick the ladder down for a shortcut from the Undead Burg bonfire, then go back to the room just under the bridge and proceed across underneath the dragon.
    And also, if you don't have a bow, get one. try to pick off the rats in the room across the lower section of the bridge before going in. If they hit you their poison is NASTY. And if you have enough arrows, try shooting the dragon's tail a ton. You'll understand why before long :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how to backstab yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how to backstab yet
    That's mostly just for the big knight at the bottom of the round stairwell. Though I suggest practicing it on the normal soldier enemies first. The knight is worth the effort though. He drops a ring that basically doubles your max equipment load.
    Last edited by Sirfailalot; 2012-12-30 at 08:11 AM.

Backstabbing does take some practice. And you can't backstab while blocking. Backstabbing also teaches you to fight without locking on, which gets more and more useful as the game progresses (except with small enemies: they're easier to lock on than manually adjust the swing height).

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    I always remember my dreams and I sometimes have dreams where (in my dream) I wake up and proceed with my day as normal. I can often tell when I am dreaming but these ones I never figure out. When I wake up I am usually momentarily confused.
    I wish I had something similar to that. Most of my dreams not a whole lot happens in them. Last one I do remember, about a month ago, is me and some number of people I can't remember are driving to somewhere and through these random roads I can tell something is in the bushes just out of sight, but I never figure out what that is. Nothing scary, just sort of boring.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/pon...tters/xgvkGkt/
    this makes the applejack scene so much better

and with this I leave, because I'm cold and sleepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.