Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Personally I love them all, and it's hard to compare. For me, when ranking them it comes down to a combination of story, music, optional content (ie chocobo stuff in FFVII or FFIX), and level of effort required to get ultimate weapons and/or other bests that could be achieved.

1: FFIX (Zidane is my favorite main character by far, and I love the Zidane/Garnet love story. The whole ending, and pretty much all of disc 4 I thought was phenomenal. The ending cinematic is such a work of art and it brings me to tears almost every time. I could go on about this game, but it was emotional to me as it was the end of the PS1 Final Fantasy's which played a big part for me in growing up. When things were down, I could play those games and it would truly bring me comfort and peace. This was just the end of an era as I see it, and it's my personal favorite overall game of all time.)

2: FF Tactics (I love this game so much! From the story with the zodiac braves, to farming JP for hours and hours and hours to get all my characters to ninja's before I get to Igros Castle at the very beginning, to the Deep Dungeon and trying to get my Chaos Blade and other stuff. Loved this game, best battles by a mile.)

3: FFVIII (I loved playing cards! Triple Triad is such a fun game to me, and I love the way you can use the cards you win to mod them into magic, items, etc. A lot of people don't like the junction system, but I loved it. I thought it was awesome. Although it was somewhat predictable and Squall was somewhat hard to like. I loved the story, and especially the ending cinematics I thought they were just awesome.)

4: FFVII (This game has so many good things to say about it. From the epic bad guy Sephiroth, to the crazy optional bosses you could fight like Emerald and Ruby Weapon. It was so awesome, from the first time and every time after, this game still gives me the chills. The first time I got my gold chocobo after hours of effort to get the breeding right, that feeling was awesome. The Knights of the Round summon too, such an epic and powerful summon. Overall, I loved this game and the story, but the story didn't cling to me as much as FFIX's did or FFVIII's.)

5: FFX (This was an amazing game, and I found it hard to find things not to like about it personally. The acquiring of all the sigils to make the ultimate weapons was a challenge, especially the getting lower than 0:00 for Tidus's weapon. Blitzball was a fun respite as well, by the end my team was so stacked it almost wasn't fun anymore because my team won every game about 12 to 0 or better and I had won probably 150 games in a row. The story was pretty cool too, and it was new to me. I really loved the addition of voice acting, but overall, the story didn't get me like the PS1 Final Fantasy's.)

My top 5 final fantasy games are as follow:

1) FFVIII
    2) FFX-2
    3) FF 9
    4) FF tactics
    5) FF 13

10+ Year Old Account
    1) IX
    2) X
    3) III
    4) VII
    5) VIII

I really want to play all these again, but my PS2 gave up the ghost years ago, and I don't own a PS3. Guess it's back to the old standby of III on the DS.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swear, I will never understand all the love for 9. It was basically just 4 with better graphics and a crappy battle system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra
    I really want to play all these again, but my PS2 gave up the ghost years ago, and I don't own a PS3.
    Used PS2s are only like 50 bucks these days.

1: FF8
    2: FF10
    3: FF7
    4: FF6
    5: FF9

Enough said. Write it in stone.-

10+ Year Old Account
    1. FF8
    2. FF7
    3. FF10
    4. FF6
    5. FF10-2

These are my favorites
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

1. FF without its success the others would have never been made (Re: The FF of the company facing bankruptcy)
    2. VI
    3. Tie between VII/VIII (hate me :O)
    4. X
    5. IX

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping FFXIV 2.0 will be one of my top 5 soon ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I only played 3... and only one of them til the end...
    Final Fantasy VIII (8)

I played 7 and 13 too... buuuut yeah... as i said... I couldnt find the enthusiasm to play them through...

so
    1. Final Fantasy VIII (8)
    2. Final Fantasy XIII (13)
    2. Final Fantasy VII (7)
    4. Final Fantasy VI (6) (never played it, but liked the soundtrack)
    5. none

1. FFT. Seriously. This would be near the top of my "best games of all time" list.
    2. 10 (ignore/mute the shitty voice acting by half the cast, and the game gets at least tenfold better; the sphere grid was awesome)
    3. 12 (didn't quite finish it, but it was good times; license board was an interesting 'iteration' on the same idea as the sphere grid)
    4. 9 (assumed, only played to end of Disc 1, but was outstanding up to there)

The only good things in 7 were materia and chocobo racing (and Cid!). The only good thing about 8 was Laguna and his sub-story. Actually, the music in both those games was, as usual, stellar, but that should go without saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.vii
    2.tactics
    3.ix
    4.x
    5.x-2
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    FF: Tactics
    FFVII
    FFIX
    FFXII
    FFVI

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy II(SNES)/ IV(Reality) - I love this story line, As a kid growing up I would rent it everytime I could... Staying up full nights trying to beat it.

Final Fantasy III(SNES)/ VI (Reality) - First Final Fantasy I ever owned and I loved everything about it.

Final Fantasy Tactics/ War of the Lions added you to be able to be a dark knight.. come on how awesome is that. The original was fantastic but war of the lions adds even more eliteness.

Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VII, enough said. If you don't know about this game by now you've lived underneath a rock since a Compact Disc was invented.

Final Fantasy - What started it all, crossing the bridge and hearing the theme for the first time is what I will always remember.

1.) viii
    2.) iv
    3.) x
    4.) vi
    5.) xiii-2