Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    plot convenience
    Party Pooper.

It's because all Evil Villains need to have an Overly Complicated Plan to give the heroes a Chance To Foil It. Not even Sargeras is above the Dr. Claw Law.

Next time, Azeroth! Next tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Didn't the titans travel around the universe from planet to planet defeating corruption etc...??

Nobody summoned them to every planet they visited... so why did Sargeras need a portal for him to enter Azeroth??
    Because a portal is faster than a flightpath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Party Pooper.

It's because all Evil Villains need to have an Overly Complicated Plan to give the heroes a Chance To Foil It. Not even Sargeras is above the Dr. Claw Law.

Next time, Azeroth! Next tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

Sure Sargeras is. We just don't know what the hell his plan is. STAY TUNED FOR SCENES OF THE NEXT EPISODE OF WARCRAFT!!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe he's too busy with other worlds/planets, so he allowed Kil'Arch to come to Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    He was G kicked and his HS was on cd.
    Because hes so awesome he cba to fly there himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    This is actually easy to explain. So far no one has done it.

In WarCraft, two main dimensions exist. The one we live in called the Great Dark Beyond (AKA Space/Universe), and the other one called the Twisted Nether.

While the Great Dark Beyond has a semblance of order and stability, the Twisted Nether is just a chaotic realm of crazy. This is why demonic creatures utilize it not just as a form of travel between worlds, but in many cases a home, living inside the nether and twisting it to whatever they feel like.

Back when Sargeras was the Titan assigned to purge the Great Dark of demons, he did so by traveling the Great Dark, finding demon infested worlds, and destroying them. When he fell from grace and became a demon himself, he left the Great Dark to live among the astral passageways of the Twisted Nether, leading his forces from the chaotic realm, and using it as a bridge to find new ripe worlds for conquest.

However, what he didn't realize was living in the Twisted Nether had a disadvantage. That disadvantage is that while it's easy to go in, depending on how powerful you are, it's much harder to leave. The Great Dark has boundaries that keep the latent magic of the Twisting Nether from spilling over and ripping apart creation, and those same boundaries mean incredible amounts of magic must be exhausted to move his form back into the Great Dark. These same boundaries make it difficult for all prime demons, like Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, but none of them have as much trouble as Sargeras, as he holds the most power.

This is one of the reasons the Burning Legion desired Outland during the time of TBC. Outland, having exploded from too much magic, had knocked itself into a "pocket" between the Twisting Nether and the Great Dark Beyond. Being in a pocket means that demons have less restrictions in entering the region. It still requires a portal of some type, but the general power barriers that exist are null. The Burning Legion was going to use Outland as a spring board back into Azeroth, which is one of the reasons we had to stop them.

P.S. Could Sargeras simply have his legions summon him on another world and then "space travel" to Azeroth? Yes, he could, but doing so will take much more time, as we have no idea how far the closest Legion controlled world is to Azeroth. It could be so far away that him reaching the planet wouldn't happen in our characters lifetimes, or it could happen tomorrow. Considering the visions shown by Wrathion, it seems this is exactly what is happening in the next expansion.
    Great post, summarize the thing quite well.
    Besides that we really know little about the Titans. We know that they can travel between planets but we don't have the slightest cue on how they do that.

10+ Year Old Account

In WarCraft, two main dimensions exist. The one we live in called the Great Dark Beyond (AKA Space/Universe), and the other one called the Twisted Nether.

While the Great Dark Beyond has a semblance of order and stability, the Twisted Nether is just a chaotic realm of crazy. This is why demonic creatures utilize it not just as a form of travel between worlds, but in many cases a home, living inside the nether and twisting it to whatever they feel like.

Back when Sargeras was the Titan assigned to purge the Great Dark of demons, he did so by traveling the Great Dark, finding demon infested worlds, and destroying them. When he fell from grace and became a demon himself, he left the Great Dark to live among the astral passageways of the Twisted Nether, leading his forces from the chaotic realm, and using it as a bridge to find new ripe worlds for conquest.

However, what he didn't realize was living in the Twisted Nether had a disadvantage. That disadvantage is that while it's easy to go in, depending on how powerful you are, it's much harder to leave. The Great Dark has boundaries that keep the latent magic of the Twisting Nether from spilling over and ripping apart creation, and those same boundaries mean incredible amounts of magic must be exhausted to move his form back into the Great Dark. These same boundaries make it difficult for all prime demons, like Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, but none of them have as much trouble as Sargeras, as he holds the most power.

This is one of the reasons the Burning Legion desired Outland during the time of TBC. Outland, having exploded from too much magic, had knocked itself into a "pocket" between the Twisting Nether and the Great Dark Beyond. Being in a pocket means that demons have less restrictions in entering the region. It still requires a portal of some type, but the general power barriers that exist are null. The Burning Legion was going to use Outland as a spring board back into Azeroth, which is one of the reasons we had to stop them.

P.S. Could Sargeras simply have his legions summon him on another world and then "space travel" to Azeroth? Yes, he could, but doing so will take much more time, as we have no idea how far the closest Legion controlled world is to Azeroth. It could be so far away that him reaching the planet wouldn't happen in our characters lifetimes, or it could happen tomorrow. Considering the visions shown by Wrathion, it seems this is exactly what is happening in the next expansion.
    I Didnt know any of that. thank you.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    i really dont feel he was that powerful. I also feel that he was just a patsy of the old gods. Their plan was to use sarg to kill everything and get him to release them. Had he, they would have simply destroyed sarg and taken azeroth back over.
    Old Gods had nothing to do with anything he did, they just planned to use him. What are they capable of doing against him anyway? it took thousands of years to corrupt Deathwing who is an ant in comparison. They don't do well with physical fights and just use minions/corruption to do their work, what would they do against one of (if not the) most powerful beings in the universe? Old Gods are way overrated imo, Sargeras would obliterate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Besides that we really know little about the Titans. We know that they can travel between planets but we don't have the slightest cue on how they do that.
    You know, I always had a certain vision of how the Titan's handle things, all caused by a line told by the Tribunal of Ages.

Abedneum yells: Designation: Old Gods. Old Gods rendered all systems, including Earthen defenseless in order to facilitate assimilation. This matrix destabilization has been termed the Curse of Flesh. Effects of destabilization increased over time.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Old Gods eh? So they zapped the Earthen with this Curse of Flesh. And then what?
    Kaddrak yells: Accessing. Creators arrived to extirpate symbiotic infection. Assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host.
    Notice the implication that the Earthen existed before the "Creators" arrived on the planet to combat the Old Gods? How is that possible if the Titan's were the ones that created the Earthen in the first place? Ever notice how you travel to places like Storm Peaks, how some of the mountains have what appear to be massive machines that don't seem to serve much of a purpose anymore? What were those?

Theory and a bit of fan wank incoming, but I imagine the Titan's traveling on an asteroid. with a temple on top looking the part of Mount Olympus.

It shoots through the Great Dark Beyond, taking them to various planets. Inside the asteroid they have a whole army of workers that toil in factories, making "seeders" that they throw down to the world as they pass. These "seeders" then take the natural mass of the planet and form them into a race, in the case of Azeroth, the first of this race was the Earthen.

The Earthen proceeded to order the planet, building a few structures and teleporters as they were programmed. Once the Old Gods learned of them, they attempted to turn the Earthen to flesh, thus overriding the programming and bringing them under Old God control. What Earthen remained at this time sent off the Omega Code, which called the Titan's from the asteroid, and they used the teleporters to land on Azeroth themselves. They proceeded to imprison the Old Gods, but became so interested in the planets general design that they decided to stay for awhile, using it as an experiment. Shalozar Basin, Un'Goro Crater, the Caverns of Time, and even the Well of Eternity were all experiments unique to Azeroth while the Titan's attempted to understand the planet. Once they learned all they could they returned to the asteroid to continue the mission of ordering the universe. This explains why Azeroth itself seems to have been treated more carefully then any other world the Titan's have touched (as far as we know anyways).

Just my own little theory.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2012-12-03 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Old Gods had nothing to do with anything he did, they just planned to use him. What are they capable of doing against him anyway? it took thousands of years to corrupt Deathwing who is an ant in comparison. They don't do well with physical fights and just use minions/corruption to do their work, what would they do against one of (if not the) most powerful beings in the universe? Old Gods are way overrated imo, Sargeras would obliterate them.
    Personally I think that they would be in disadvantage in physical combat, but given enough time they would be able to influence his mind.
    Probably that was the intent of getting him on Azeroth.
    Actually, given that there are many other Old Gods around the universe I'd even go further and hypothesize that they had a big role in his fall in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

Very good post, I'm generally good with lore but that blew me out the water.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Personally I think that they would be in disadvantage in physical combat, but given enough time they would be able to influence his mind.
    Probably that was the intent of getting him on Azeroth.
    Actually, given that there are many other Old Gods around the universe I'd even go further and hypothesize that they had a big role in his fall in the first place.
    I don't think they would personally since he's just as deceiving as them essentially, plus they wouldn't have a lot of time to do it since his portal is redirected to their prisons. I'd imagine he'd work out what they were doing and slaughter them or just get in a fight with them. Either way I can't imagine any way for the Old Gods to best Sargeras, he's just too powerful. Just my opinion ofcourse.

Your last point is pretty cool though, I've never thought of the other Old Gods maybe having some sort of role in his downfall, nice idea.
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-12-03 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    You know, I always had a certain vision of how the Titan's handle things, all caused by a line told by the Tribunal of Ages.

Notice the implication that the Earthen existed before the "Creators" arrived on the planet to combat the Old Gods? How is that possible if the Titan's were the ones that created the Earthen in the first place? Ever notice how you travel to places like Storm Peaks, how some of the mountains have what appear to be massive machines that don't seem to serve much of a purpose anymore? What were those?

Theory and a bit of fan wank incoming, but I imagine the Titan's traveling on an asteroid. with a temple on top looking the part of Mount Olympus.

It shoots through the Great Dark Beyond, taking them to various planets. Inside the asteroid they have a whole army of workers that toil in factories, making "seeders" that they throw down to the world as they pass. These "seeders" then take the natural mass of the planet and form them into a race, in the case of Azeroth, the first of this race was the Earthen.

The Earthen proceeded to order the planet, building a few structures and teleporters as they were programmed. Once the Old Gods learned of them, they attempted to turn the Earthen to flesh, thus overriding the programming and bringing them under Old God control. What Earthen remained at this time sent off the Omega Code, which called the Titan's from the asteroid, and they used the teleporters to land on Azeroth themselves. They proceeded to imprison the Old Gods, but became so interested in the planets general design that they decided to stay for awhile, using it as an experiment. Shalozar Basin, Un'Goro Crater, the Caverns of Time, and even the Well of Eternity were all experiments unique to Azeroth while the Titan's attempted to understand the planet. Once they learned all they could they returned to the asteroid to continue the mission of ordering the universe. This explains why Azeroth itself seems to have been treated more carefully then any other world the Titan's have touched (as far as we know anyways).

Just my own little theory.
    Well it's surely a very nice theory. I'm a bit mixed about asteroids, but having the Earthens or other Titan constructs be the foregoers for the Titans themselves is very very plausible and interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2012-12-03 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe Sargeras' downfall or rather his fall from grace had nothing to do with Sargeras but Metzen did say he joked about having a Old God corrupted Sargeras.

Then again..I'm glad they didn't because...I'd be very scared.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read a lot of these posts about Sargeras and I always wonder why people forget one of the biggest key lore aspects of why he isn't already on Azeroth killing everything. The Council of Tirisfal. The reason Sargeras isn't already destroying our world is not because he weakened or too far away. It is because he can't FIND Azeroth. The Council's whole purpose is to shield Azeroth from the Burning Legion. They are extremely talented at keeping Azeroth hidden from them. Type Council of Tirisfal into wowpedia or wowwiki and read all about them. It's quite interesting.

Deleted
    I hope he doesn't die, cuz that would ruin the whole Titan ideology and mythology. He should be forced to do some eternal job behind sealed gates like Atlas was forced to hold the Earth on his shoulders etc...

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picture the Titans traveling from planet to planet much like Thor travels to earth in "Thor". By useing the bifrost or in this case some sort of other light bridge that allows for rapid travel over great distances. No magic portal just tita technology allowing them to go from point A to B in a very short time. This would allow them to move their giant physical forms as well as their great power as you are physicaly relocating the vessel without limitations added by magical matrcies. Thus as Sargeras is not a "titan" anymore, he would have to use portals which would explain all the work to create one large enough to fit through. After all in the war of the ancient series they say Sargeras needs a titanic portal becuse of his emince size, that he is simply physically to big to fit through a normal portal. So his magical power may not even figure into it all other than the limitation put in place by the boundry between the great dark and the nether.

It's been stated before that the Titans arrived on the planet, left, and returned. Your quote is referencing their return and doesn't suggest that the Earthen existed before the Titans arrived.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    It is going to be fantastical when he finally arrives, one way or another. The whole Burning Legion/demon theme of The Burning Crusade was epic. Here’s hoping Blizzard has the guts, belief and strength to pull it off. Sargeras should be, MUST be, the most legendary boss battle in MMO history. The end boss of the most successful MMO in history is bound to be mind-blowing, but Blizzard has disappointed before, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account

Take a bow son, take a bow

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Didn't the titans travel around the universe from planet to planet defeating corruption etc...??

Nobody summoned them to every planet they visited... so why did Sargeras need a portal for him to enter Azeroth??
    Because one does not simply walk into Azeroth.

With that said, the Titans, from what I've been reading anyway, travel the Great Dark Beyond. Sargeras and his Burning Legion are based in the Twisting Nether, a separate dimension. The Twisting Nether is a realm of chaos. My guess is that this means that without an anchor point - the end point of a portal or a summoner - leaving the Twisting Nether results in stepping out at a set of random coordinates. He could jump out and be in the heart of a star or embedded in a planet or, infinitely more likely - floating around in deep space. So he would need to rely on someone who is where he wants to go to form an endpoint big enough to allow him to pass through. Sargeras is very large. Creating a very large portal takes a lot of power.

As for how he got into the Twisting Nether in the first place, I have no idea.