Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Who cares?

If you're not breaking the law, online or otherwise, then why care that the NSA *can* get access to your online activities? I'm sure there will still be Judges and subpoenas involved in acting upon and accessing such data; think proactive rather than reactive.
    because what's legal today might not be legal tomorrow. like criticizing the government

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    So which area is the NSA whistle blower biased toward?

They pick and choose the bad things about the US to talk about, so what. Does that make NSA guy a liar?

Do you think he'd get any air time on Fox, NBC, ABC, CNN? Maybe on msnbc's Dylan Ratigan show, or Judge Napolitano's freedom watch, but guess what happened to those programs, .... canceled.
    They canceled Ratigan's show? He was the only one on MSNBC I could watch.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Who cares?

If you're not breaking the law, online or otherwise, then why care that the NSA *can* get access to your online activities? I'm sure there will still be Judges and subpoenas involved in acting upon and accessing such data; think proactive rather than reactive.
    Laws change - and if you're not breaking a law today, you might be tomorrow. Laws change, and laws and morality don't often walk hand in hand anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Its Russia Today.
    Same level as Daily Mail.
    So yea, they can stick their "sensation" somewhere dark...
    What, it has the word "Russia" in it therefor it's not worth shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Ah hah, no.
    Ah hah, yes.

I honestly haven't seen an American media that wasn't biased. RT, on the other hand, actually delivers news objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakir the Windlord View Post
    They're funded by the Kremlin... Even Fox News is probably more credible than them.
    Who they're funded by means nothing. Al Jazeera is also owned by a state and that still means nothing. Both are credible sources for info where you get to not listen to leftist or rightist propaganda.

I also love how people here think that anyone who's a bit critical of the West (not that RT ever do it) is automatically a traitor and/or has been listening to propaganda and lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    oh yeah, that'll shut the conspiracy theory crowd right up
    The more that crowd talks the less the general public listens. You want them to get suspicious.

Deleted
    I read this article a while ago which stated that the US was becoming increasingly fascistic. So this doesn't surprise me one bit.
    I guess they learned a lot from all the Nazi's they imported. They're copying a lot of things.

Massive spying on citizens? You'd have to be dumb if you thought that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The more that crowd talks the less the general public listens. You want them to get suspicious.
    but death can sometimes lend credibility to those "theories". better to play the guy off as a disgruntled employee with no real access to knowledge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    because what's legal today might not be legal tomorrow. like criticizing the government
    NSA info is only used in high profile federal cases. They don't care about your illegal music. The NSA has the ability to listen in on virtually any phone call you make. If you have a smartphone its ridiculously to track your activities.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2012-12-05 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    NSA info is only used in high profile federal cases. They don't care about your illegal music. The NSA has the ability to listen in on virtually any phone call you make. If you have a smartphone its ridiculously to track your activities.
    i don't download illegal stuff, or do anything else illegal (except exceed the speed limit on occasion). i was answering the guy's question about why we care. and just because it's only used on high profile cases now, constant monitoring is a bad thing. only using it on certain cases is merely a matter of government's current limitations. as their capabilities get better it will allow them to expand their watch. they should be required to obtain a warrant to do this type of thing at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Specific areas they'e biased in? That would be anything regarding "the west", which is 99% of what they broadcast.

RT isn't just biased towards their own country, they are extremely biased against everything that isn't russian. They twist and turn anything and everything they can into propaganda, outright lie and spew that bile into the faces of everyone unfortunate enough to be watching.

RT is not news, they do not report current events. It's 100% anti-west propaganda poorly disguised as news. They even have the audacity to set up country-specific channels to vomit their bullshit in as many different languages and countries as possible.
    I don't know where exactly you're getting this information from, but it is very much wrong. Is there a strong element of bias in Russia Today? Yes, there is. But making such broad statements at 99% of it is lies and bias is a pretty erroneous viewpoint. Your vehemence is also very off putting, and gives me little faith in the objectivity of your perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to sound edgy, but is this really news to anybody? The NSA has been doing this since the early 2000s. The scary thing to me is that in a real police state, the state doesn't have to hide what they're doing because nobody can do anything about it. Pretty much where we are now, really.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!