Poll: Opinions?

Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If she's sneaking behind his back, it's likely because of fear of violence.
    That could be true as well. There could be many different reasons for doing so, I mostly meant out of spite or revenge or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    I must admit it's been awhile since I've found such hostile poster on these forums. You really amaze me with your every new sentance.
    I tend to be hostile to posts that I find spectacularly disgusting. I find clarity preferable to faux politeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Yes, the father should have some say, if it wasn't for him, the baby wouldn't be being made. However, the father should only be able to stop the abortion if he signs legally-binding contracts that would make it to where he would pay for everything, help alleviate any inconveniences faced by the mother because of the pregnancy and birth, and take custody of the child after it is born. Making it to where, while the mother still had a lot of say, if the father was completely determined on having the child, he still could. And yes, I think it is fair for the mother to give up the right to abort if the father does/accepts to do what I listed above. Regardless of whether it is her body or not, it is partly the father's child and the father should have some say whether the child is born or not. Even if it means going to great lengths, ie signing many legal contracts, etc to secure the child's birth, I think a father who is that determined to see the child born, should be able to.

And no, the argument I made, is not based off of religious ("insert word of your choice", mine is stuff, since it still abides by the rules of this forum and isn't bashful), it is based off of my view of equality.
    No matter how you dress it up, you are still forcing a woman to carry and deliver an unwanted fetus.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they should have an option but it all depends on circumstances.

1. If the father is out of the girl's life and gives two shits and can't be contacted or whatever and missing for months I'd say no.

2. If the father is the good daddy the girls love to have for a man yes.

There are more circumstances I am sure but they should on a norm have a say.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Spectral, in what way was I saying rape was fine? Seriously.
    It's pretty simple - you either think a sufficiently determined person should be able to exercise control over another person's body for their own purposes or you don't. What you've said indicates to me that you believe that if a man really, really, really wants a kid, he should be able to force a woman to have it.

I was trying to argue for the man's right to see his child born, if the woman wishes to get an abortion.
    A man has no such right. You made it up out of whole cloth. Personal autonomy is a right, getting to have a kid isn't.

No. Absolutely not. Not your body, not your fucking choice.

When you volunteer to have the fetus transplanted into yourself I'll believe that 57% of you aren't just trying to control women's bodily autonomy.

Deleted
    If she's sneaking behind his back, it's likely because of fear of violence.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:06 PM ----------

So, if a man's sufficiently determined, he should be able to subjugate a woman's body to his desire. Rape cool too?
    Were you abused or something in the past? You come across as a stereotype feminist defending his(hers?) opinion with extremist statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    No they shouldn't. It's the woman that has to carry the baby to term, not the man. No man should be able to force a woman to carry a baby to term or have a fetus killed because they don't want to be a father.

inb4 'well women can force men to be a father'

Maybe you should try sleeping with women that are on some form of birth control and have the same views on having children as you do. Also, learn what a condom is, get a vasectomy or don't have sex all together if you're that paranoid.
    I'm pretty much inclined to agree with this. It's easy enough to not get pregnant, so if a man is that worried about not having a child, then there are plenty of ways that he can avoid being in that situation. And I know that accidents do happen, and sometimes no matter how careful you are, the girl could still end up pregnant, but in the end, it is the woman's body. It'd be unfair for her if the man either forced her to go through a pregnancy or abort a fetus that she wanted. It's not really fair for the male either, but there's no real solution that will make it fair for the both of them. It's one or the other.

Were you abused or something in the past? You come across as a stereotype feminist defending his(hers?) opinion with extremist statements.
    Right, and you come across as a childish MRA that thinks women don't have any valid claim to bodily autonomy.

Yes, the father should have some say, if it wasn't for him, the baby wouldn't be being made. However, the father should only be able to stop the abortion if he signs legally-binding contracts that would make it to where he would pay for everything, help alleviate any inconveniences faced by the mother because of the pregnancy and birth, and take custody of the child after it is born. Making it to where, while the mother still had a lot of say, if the father was completely determined on having the child, he still could. And yes, I think it is fair for the mother to give up the right to abort if the father does/accepts to do what I listed above. Regardless of whether it is her body or not, it is partly the father's child and the father should have some say whether the child is born or not. Even if it means going to great lengths, ie signing many legal contracts, etc to secure the child's birth, I think a father who is that determined to see the child born, should be able to.
    In other words you think a man should be allowed to control and dominate a woman's body if he's "completely determined" and signs legal contracts to force the woman to compley.

it is based off of my view of equality.
    Where one side gets to make all the decision with the mild inconvenience of signing "many legal contracts", and the other side has "a lot of say" in submitting. Total equality.

We don't get to suffer through 9 months of vomiting, pains, extremely small bladder and stretch marks, so no, we shouldn't get any say in it. Don't want a child? Use a rubber.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing, not going to deny it. But if two consenting adults (Notice the consenting) have sex, they should be aware of what can happen because of that. And if the woman wants an abortion, but the man does not, because he wishes to have a child, then he should be able to stop the abortion through the proper channels. Those proper channels being, a court of law where if the father can prove to be a person willing to face the hardships of bringing up a child, be it singly or not, then he should have the right to see his child born.
    You realize that the need for consent doesn't somehow stop if a woman says yes once, right? She's not consenting to carrying a pregnancy to term, she's consenting to a single sexual encounter and has every right to withdraw consent any time. It's not, "well, you had sex with me, so now you're mine for 9 months!".

Deleted
    Yes, if my girlfriend wanted to have an abortion I'd like to be able to say I'm against it and that I would take care of the child myself.

How is that wrong in any way?
    No wrong in that at all.
    Oh, tell me how will you get the 6 week featus out of the girl and in to you, so you can carry it and give birth to it when the time is right?
    Becuse you cant mean that the girl shall have to do all this against her will just becuse you want a kid?
    Last edited by mmocfaa20e78a7; 2012-12-05 at 02:18 AM.

This whole thread is an extremist statement.

Should the wife have any say about whether to cut off her husband's balls?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    We don't get to suffer through 9 months of vomiting, pains, extremely small bladder and stretch marks, so no, we shouldn't get any say in it. Don't want a child? Use a rubber.
    You speak the truth

Deleted
    You could always go ahead and find someone that actually wants to be pregnant rather than attempting to force it on someone.

Really, you should make this view clear to any woman that's thinking about sleeping with you. Make good and sure that they're aware you desire to control them.
    You are living in a dreamworld. Your comments have been worthless so far as in you don't even bother looking at it from a different perspective. Every single comment you just say "Her body, her rules"...but mixed in with some difficult words to act smart and like you know what you are talking about.

We don't live in a perfect world...there are more thing to take in account when deciding about abortion next to who needs to carry the baby. I myself think their should become a system where a court should decide about abortion after listening to both parties view points...a child comes from both sexes and both their opinions are relevant when it comes to bringing life into this world.

I find it hard to decide who should make the final choice when it comes to abortion, every single person has a different background. A court needs to evaluate when a child is going to be taken away or not when there are signs of children being in problem within a family...I don't see why the same system shouldn't be applied to when a child is going to be brought into the world.

I find anyone who can say point blanc it should be up to the female (or male) fecking idiots...how can you decide so fast about someone else his life what to do with it.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-12-05 at 02:19 AM.

Yes, if my girlfriend wanted to have an abortion I'd like to be able to say I'm against it and that I would take care of the child myself.

How is that wrong in any way?
    Because pregnancy sucks, is it really that hard to understand?

Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing, not going to deny it. But if two consenting adults (Notice the consenting) have sex, they should be aware of what can happen because of that. And if the woman wants an abortion, but the man does not, because he wishes to have a child, then he should be able to stop the abortion through the proper channels. Those proper channels being, a court of law where if the father can prove to be a person willing to face the hardships of bringing up a child, be it singly or not, then he should have the right to see his child born.
    The man isn't the one that has to carry that child for 9 months and then give birth to it. Do you have any idea how emotionally traumatizing it could potentially be to give birth to a child that you don't even want? Doesn't really sound like equality to me. There is no way for this kind of situation to be equal. If the man has a say, it isn't fair for the woman. If only the woman has a say, it isn't fair for the man. But since the man isn't the one who has to carry the child, there is no room for equality. It's kind of a shitty situation, but there really isn't a way around it.

Perhaps I'm biased, because I want very much to have children. I just think, that a man should be able to see his kid born, if the woman he had consenting sex with doesn't.
    It's not a "his kid". It's a lump of cells within the woman's body.

Want children? Go find someone who wants to reproduce.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear on how difficult this would be to do for the man
    No, you've made it completely clear just how you think a man's wishes should trump a woman's control of her own god damned body.

Deleted
    Alright, so if a guy wants the abortion and the girl decides to keep the baby, the guy is free of all responsibilities, correct?