Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So do these card bosses rank you up? Because I havent got any cards yet. I've just done a few attempts on the durumu looking purple maze guy. And let me say. F that guy. I think you're supposed to turn your character so your back is always to the opening in the maze but good god. It's nuts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

So I just got rank 10 Brawler but I got no epic shirt.. is this a bug? Someone got it?
    Edit: nvm I found out I need to kill every special boss :P
    Last edited by Nirty999; 2013-05-23 at 04:24 AM.

nibbleh is another fuck you melee fight with his way less than actual melee range hitbox. Couldn't you just make it normal melee range blizz?

Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    nibbleh is another fuck you melee fight with his way less than actual melee range hitbox. Couldn't you just make it normal melee range blizz?
    this fight is far easier as melee, you can do max dps the whole time

range must move the entire time

For hunters, Locks, any range who can move and dps at the same time its lol, if you havent tried it as melee you dont know how insanely small its hitbox is.

Edit: OK just killed him and wasnt really that bad once you get the correct backpeddle rythm :P
    Last edited by Mataru; 2013-05-23 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lornd View Post
    any tips on how to beat nibbleh as melee? his hitbox just seems WAYYYYY too small?
    Bind run/walk to a keybind, walk and backpeddle you will go at a perfect speed. on corners turn off walk and just reposition yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Bind run/walk to a keybind, walk and backpeddle you will go at a perfect speed. on corners turn off walk and just reposition yourself
    Ah, I was constantly thinking that backpeddling should be able to be slower, but I completely forgot about walk/run toggle. Major brainfart

Deleted
    So have any melee killed Razorgrin yet?, I figured staying behind him would work but he still 1 shots me, I can't tell if there is a safespot or if I'm missing something else, seen ranged kill it without a problem so it's a bit annoying (yet again).

Deleted
    Hey i dunno if someone already wrote it down or something cus i didnt check many pots in this threat (sorry) but from just checking wowhead and comments people already know how to get 11/12 cards.

Grandpa Grumplefloot - Just dance with the npc in kun lai to get the item - Confirmed
    - "Fight is fairly simple, he throws bad red Luckydon't dolls around on the ground (don't step in them), good blue Luckydo dolls around (step in them to get healed), and very bad yellow Bad Luckydo dolls around, which move randomly and will explode if they hit you."
    He occasionally does a channeled nuke on you, but fairly simple otherwise.
    - copyed from comment by "dracolight" on wowhead.

Master Boom Boom - The easiest way to farm this item it to take control of the mob (its the huge yeti npc) you use for The Burlap Grind in Kun-lai Summit. - Confirmed might take few hundred of kills tho kinda random.
    - The boss will throw packs of dynamite around the arena, which you can't step on, or they'll do about 150k damage and stun you for 2 seconds, while the boss continues to throw them, making it very easy to get globalled.
    Every 30 seconds he'll jump to the middle and light 4 fuses, which run towards a bomb he places in the middle. If these fuses reach the bomb, they'll cause it to explode and deal about 175 million damage (unable to be negated with Ice Block, Divine Shield or similar damage immunities. To stop the fuses, simply walk over them.
    - copyed from comment by "YariniCeteri" on wowhead.

Splat - the item can be found in Greater Cache of Treasure (reward for random scenario) - Confirmed took me around 100-120 scenarios...
    - Not much to say about this cus its nearly the same as the low rank ooze fight, he just have 7mil hp, do more damage and each time he split he leave aoe on the ground.

Dippy & Doopy - reward for beating special battle pet Doopy in northrend Icecrown ( just get to the argent tournament and fly west from there and make sure you fly along the cliff and fly down also, cus the platform he is on is quite low, near the sea), he is solo battle pet with 1380 hp or so (aquatic) but he reduce all damage on him by 50% (its buff called Elite) so its fighting pet with 2760 hp, magic or flying pets are good against him, he have ice tomb (its like elementium bolt) + ice lance and chill spell which reduce your hit by 20% (RNG can make it hard). - Confirmed
    - "Just like in the original dippy fight, both penguins will attempt to peck you and you must use an ability to knock them back and down (thus the pushover). This fight is only different in that instead of just one penguin, there are two. Doopy is larger, has more hp, and is significantly slower. I just focused down Dippy while occasionally smacking Doopy back. Occasionally it does seem to not register the knockback and lets them cast peck, so just move out of range when that happens."
    - copyed from comment by "Syllvos" on wowhead.

The Bear and the Lady Fair - The item which starts the quest can be looted from caravan supply boxes in the new changed Barrens area / can also be found in Greater Cache of Treasure (reward for random scenario). - Confirmed from scenario box, took around 60 runs or so.
    - "The fight itself is pretty simple to understand when you see it pop up. A bear with ~25 million HP will charge at you and auto attack you for quite a bit. Don't bother attacking him. You won't be able to kill him and beat the boss before enrage. You can use any of the three platforms to bounce up to the boss. You'll be bounced in whatever direction you're facing, not the direction you run at it from.
    If you bounce up to him, he can Slap you off the platform again. The key to beating him before the Enrage timer is by bouncing three times before jumping up to his platform. Your next ability will critically strike and hit VERY hard. Save this for your hard hitters.
    Rinse and repeat." (just want to add that the bear is slowable, stunable and so is the other boss on platform so melee can stun him to stay longer there before getting slapped from it, if you can as range kite the bear and still keep good dps you can probably skip the jumping and just burn him, its just 10-11mil hp.
    - copyed from comment by "ShadeolTheFox" on wowhead.

Mingus Diggs - The item can be looted from Tol'vir dig sites in uldum while doing archeology, or looted from the Tol'vir box with fragments which you can get for Restored Artefacts from Brann near shrine of 2 moons. - Confirmed
    - "I have just completed this encounter. Basically the whole fight is about target switching and managing your stacks, which is done by going next to a statue. Once you do so, it will become inactive, and the stack related to the given statue will wear off in 5 seconds. The tactic I used was to nuke the first one, and then stop at each for 5 seconds until the stack wears off, and then move on to the next, and then repeat the cycle to keep stacks low. The enrage timer is 2 mins, each of the statues have 4,2 million HP, plus Mingus' 1 million, which is altogether almost 18 million HP."
    - copyed from comment by "Shayand" on wowhead.

Ty'thar - You can buy his quest item from the new Escalation patch quatermaster in durotar for 1 Radical Mojo which is from the weekly quest. - Confirmed
    - "The fight is fairly easy, instead of using the arrows keys, (or whatever you use) to move, you instead dodge. His abilities will say indicate what arm he is throwing; Make sure to dodge them, 3 hits and you lose. If he throws left, move to the right, vice versa, and if he stomps move back. You must kill him 3 times before you get hit 3 times or the berserk timer kicks in. After every knockdown, he has less hp, so just DPS him while avoiding the punches.
    Tip: Don't dodge right away, wait until the cast bar is almost full, otherwise you may dodge too early and get hit by it. It takes a little practice, but a easy fight nonetheless."
    - copyed from comment by "f3nsk3" on wowhead. i will just add that the the stomp is called Slam, and that he have around 2,1mil hp, second time its less around 1,4mil or so and 3rd time its just around 800k hp but he cast all his move faster after each other, safe way is to stun him cus he is stunable and burn the 800k.

Razorgrin - The item should be fished up from pandaria fishing pools - Confirmed - just got it in pool.
    - "The only thing it does is flop around. It even casts an ability called flop. It was rather easy for a hunter, and I imagine any ranged would also not have a problem. It did continuously kill my pet. As the quest text implied, if you let it touch you, it will kill you rather quickly. However, because it can only flop around, I was easily able to rez my pet and keep fighting. This probably will not be very fun as melee."
    - copyed from comment by "KaelynnHunter" on wowhead.

Mecha-Bruce - You get the item when you defeat Bruce by using his challenge card from the new vendor - Confirmed
    - "Quite a simple fight with a unique twist. He has 6.3m hp in this form, and two gnarly rockets on his back.
    After every second chomp, he'll cast a spell named Bigger, Faster, Stronger that increases his casting speed (chomp) and damage by 30%. He also does a 3 second beam, which stuns you immediatly after this, which is NOT interuptable.
    To counter this, as range at least, lure him the far side before he chomps, then run to the opposite end. Since the stun is for three seconds, he'll waste one or two seconds getting over to you. Try save defensives for the second or third time he casts his bigger, faster, stronger buff."
    - copyed from comment by "Simmias" on wowhead.

Blingtron 3000 - You can get the quest item from the Blingtron 4000 Gift Package from Blingtron 4000.
    - The boss have 21mil hp and he is in the top west corner (in the horde arena), there is Gnomish tesla coil in the opposite corner, he cast rockets which will spawn red mark on ground to announce where they will fall, easy to avoid, he also spawn adds with 200k hp or so, when they die their corpse will stand on spot stuned, what you have to do on this boss is to make chain from the add bodies from the boss to the tesla coil, like 5-10 yr away from each other, when you activate the tesla move AWAY from the add corpses cus it can one shot you, when the boss get hit he get stuned and take 900% more damage.

Ro-Shambo - The item can be found on your thriller farm when you harvest what you planted there. Also in post from "selahbela" on wowhead "I got this while tilling the soil on my farm in Valley of the Four Winds." I dont know if you can get the item when you use that iron thing which roll over 4 of the soils or if you need to harvest specific vegetables.
    - "An amusing fight, to say the least. It's the Crawling Claw model, scaled up. Hang near the middle of the arena with him, because the gimmick of the fight only seems to trigger if you're near him.
    Every so often, Ro-Shambo casts 'Rock, Paper, Scissors', giving you 5-6 seconds to choose one yourself in a vehicle-like interface that pops up. Get it wrong, and he unleashes the related power - scissors summons a giant, ridiculously painful pair of scissors, rock summons a swarm of rolling boulders, and paper... I didn't see, because he died immediately after using it. My first try, I suspect I was too far away because I got no interface, he won the rounds by default, and I got annihilated in short order.
    BUT....
    If you win the round of rock-paper-scissors, Ro-Shambo takes 500% damage for a few seconds afterward, and the power he unleashes is a joke (The scissors have 400k hp instead of millions, the boulders are paper-covered and much less dangerous, etc). He has 12 million HP, so you really want to get at least the first two rounds in your favor to lock in the win."
    - copyed from comment by "Shinijumi" on wowhead. - i seen what happen when you lose paper, it spawn flying paper which follow you and attack you and has 1,2mil hp.

The Blind Hero - i dont know yet where you can get the quest item called Well-Worn Blindfold for this special brawl boss and i didnt see/try this boss yet either so if anyone have any info about that it would be nice if you shared it with others some people said that it might have to do something with first aid cus some of the quest items were tied up to secondary proffesions.

Sorry that the post is soooo incredibly long but at least it has most of the info needed, it would be nice if people rated the comments of people i mentioned on wowhead cus the info their shared is really helpful to everyone.
    Last edited by mmocfe8e2f4a73; 2013-05-30 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    So have any melee killed Razorgrin yet?, I figured staying behind him would work but he still 1 shots me, I can't tell if there is a safespot or if I'm missing something else, seen ranged kill it without a problem so it's a bit annoying (yet again).
    i did it as a DK, but i didnt go into melee >_> army, and all my ranged skills to kill him. he sometimes casts "flop" maybe that has something to do with it?

Deleted
    I have some questions about 3 of the loot cards:

1.) Splat -(found in Greater Cache of Treasure reward for random scenario)

Can anyone confirm that they have found it from a regular scenario that wasn't their first of the day? Feels like I've done 100+ and still nothing.

2.) Ro-Shambo - Tillers farm.

Can anyone confirm that this item can be aquired from tilling your soil (which is repeatable) or only from harvesting (only 16 times per day and character)?

3.) Blingtron 3000 -

Besides LFR bags and Blingtron gifts which are both very RNG heavy is there another way to get this?
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-05-23 at 03:46 PM.

A wild guess for the blindfold... try killing raid bosses with the four sense brew. Specifically try killing durumu with it.

Blind Hero is the only one that players seem to not have found.

There have been brainstorming theories using the four senses brew on the official forums found here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569149398

Has any server even seen 1 attempt at blind hero yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Some melee has managed to kill him: DKs, palrets and monks seem to be have enough ranged attack to kill him before enrage.
    As a warrior, I still have no idea how I could kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Blind Hero is the only one that players seem to not have found.

I like the idea proposed in this video for the Blind Hero. That would also explain why nobody has found it yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG4tygEAjRY
    The "the Blind Hero, a mysterious warrior from a bygone age. Nobody surpasses his skill with a blade. Nobody." part of the quest would make me think of Illidan, since he's supposed to be one of the most skilled blade user in Warcraft (yeah, I know, he lost again Arthas...)
    But, eh, people has killed Illidan this week and nothing happened. Maybe something else involving Illidan? Maybe something related to Well of Eternity.

I bet the blind hero is from something Darkmoon Faire related.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    2.) Ro-Shambo - Tillers farm.
    Can anyone confirm that this item can be aquired from tilling your soil (which is repeatable) or only from harvesting (only 16 times per day and character)?
    Im not sure which one it is, but one can do it this way: Plant seeds, if they dont pop as Bursting (=instantly ready), delete the seeds with the shovel and redo.

Also for the Blind Hero:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9149398?page=5
    Apparently this drops from Heroic Cache of Treasures. I cant read german so I dont know much what they talk about in Ves's comment but at least its something.

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    Im not sure which one it is, but one can do it this way: Plant seeds, if they dont pop as Bursting (=instantly ready), delete the seeds with the shovel and redo.

Also for the Blind Hero:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9149398?page=5
    Apparently this drops from Heroic Cache of Treasures. I cant read german so I dont know much what they talk about in Ves's comment but at least its something.
    Wowhead reports that Ro-Shambo is looted while harvesting your crops. Not while plowing your field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    I bet the blind hero is from something Darkmoon Faire related.
    This is what I'm betting on as well. There is no way that not a single person has been able to obtain the Blind Hero challenge card without it either being REALLY obscure, not added to the game by accident, or in a place we cannot currently access. Also sort of makes sense being related to the Darkmoon Faire, 'Blind Hero' could be a circus act of some kind haha.

On a similar note, SCREW Mingus Diggs. Got to Rank 10 no problem on my Ret, but this guy took quite a few goes before I was able to kill him. Doing 18.8M damage in under 2 minutes, with melee DPS downtime, and with normal mode ToT gear at best, really sucks. >_>

Razorgrin isn't actually as hard as people make it out to be for melee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrR1Dll7J0o
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Razorgrin isn't actually as hard as people make it out to be for melee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrR1Dll7J0o
    It's a rank 5 fight and you're a ilevel 539 DK, obviously it's not hard.