View Poll Results: Is this expansion worth the money?

Voters
202. This poll is closed
  • Yes

142 70.30%
  • No

35 17.33%
  • Sort of - It has got stale fast

25 12.38%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The focus is more on the two Factions brother.

It was time for more PVP/Faction lore/love instead of the usual PVE ONLY eff you PVP scenario.
    LOL except pvp is more broken than ever unless you play a warrior or a mage.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The expansion isn't over yet. It's just started. Give it time.

I look at it like this:

5.0 - Meeting the Pandaren and getting to know them. After a couple of intense first moments, both sides are spending time consolidating and getting ready rather than all-out war as they explore this new land.

5.1 - Things are heating up in Karasong, with both sides fortifying their areas and taking pot-shots at each other. Relations are breaking down fast.

5.2 - No idea what happens yet, but expect more fighting. Perhaps the beginning of the war itself. More World objectives, perhaps. Maybe a raid or dungeon into either side depending on faction; we've already now got faction-specific scenarios (check out the scenarios, by the way, for more horde vs alliance stuff)

5.3+ - The war + Garrosh offensive
    Reworded my post, hope you like it better now.

As well as all you other people bashing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well, all the questing throughout the entire leveling experience does nothing to explain why the mantid, and mogu are dangerous. Its a bunch of random, help farmer zook kill those dang mutated rabbits, and find 20 zillion luckydo's etc. It just does not do a great job making the player feel that is important to go in and do anything to defeat the "threat" on pandaria.
    My eye twitched when I read this. The right one. I mean, the lower lid ticked upward a little bit. Involuntarily.

If you can't be bothered to read quest text or watch cinematics or even do quests in the first place you forfeit all rights to complain about the lore. It boggles my mind how a person could come away from the leveling, questing, dungeons and scenarios in MoP and not understand what the threats are. My mind is utterly boggled.

Deleted
    Some dailies are just painful to do, so I dread the time when it comes to do them. There are many faults I see in the current design... but overall I'm having fun. I think it is more-or-less worth my money, though I won't lie, I would appreciate smaller sub price or less quests that just go "kill 20 guys who all have a massive AoE that needs lightning reflexes to avoid".

Do you think you are getting your moneys worth out of this expansion so far? Be honest, and try to be objective (if you love it or hate it). Personally I think the lore behind the raids is lacking, and the daily quest fiasco could have been dealt with better.

Are you enjoying the stuff blizzard has produced? Are you not entertained? If so, what is keeping you logging in each and every day?

Just seeing where everyone stands after 2 months into the expansion.
    I don't feel that the lore is bad per se, or that the daily system is terribly designed (Just flawed). You don't have to do all the dailies every day (And believe me I haven't), and I'm enjoying them when I do do them. Some things are pretty bad this expansion (PvP) but overall I think the expansion is pretty decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    My eye twitched when I read this. The right one. I mean, the lower lid ticked upward a little bit. Involuntarily.

If you can't be bothered to read quest text or watch cinematics or even do quests in the first place you forfeit all rights to complain about the lore. It boggles my mind how a person could come away from the leveling, questing, dungeons and scenarios in MoP and not understand what the threats are. My mind is utterly boggled.
    The post has some validity. I wouldn't extend it to complaining about the entire expansion's story and lore, but a lot of the quests this expansion -- particularly the whole zone of Valley of the Four Winds -- pertain to mundane tasks that focus more on daily life and personal NPC substories than greater expansion lore.

Since it's the second hub you go to after Jade Serpent (which might be skipped if you queue for dungeons right away), and you can easily go from 86-88 just from questing there, it's very possible to miss a lot of the really compelling lore. I think the existence and tone of the zone is fine, but I also think it can feel a bit detached to go there and be worried about annoying rabbits and stubborn weeds when the threat of war is looming overhead.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends and the RP I do are the reason I keep logging in. Blizzard needs to fix mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The post has some validity. I wouldn't extend it to complaining about the entire expansion's story and lore, but a lot of the quests this expansion -- particularly the whole zone of Valley of the Four Winds -- pertain to mundane tasks that focus more on daily life and personal NPC substories than greater expansion lore.

Since it's the second hub you go to after Jade Serpent (which might be skipped if you queue for dungeons right away), and you can easily go from 86-88 just from questing there, it's very possible to miss a lot of the really compelling lore. I think the existence and tone of the zone is fine, but I also think it can feel a bit detached to go there and be worried about annoying rabbits and stubborn weeds when the threat of war is looming overhead.
    Great points, and I agree 100%.

Also love the Jewish Dino Avatar!

Edit: Also dont you just have that feeling when questing through Valley of the Four Winds: "lololol Arathi Highlands 2.0"? Gotta love Blizzards HIGHLY creative, creative department.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2012-12-05 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone still subbed to the game should feel they are getting their money's worth out of the expansion as they feel it is worth still paying their sub.

Anyone no longer subbed to the game should feel they are getting their money's worth out of the expansion as they are paying nothing to get nothing.

Anyone that bought the expansion, did the levelling, and then cancelled their sub should feel they got their money's worth as when you buy an expansion at this point in the game, you already know what is involved in the levelling process and that's what you pay for the expansion for - to level and have access to new raids.

Regardless of whether you like the direction or content of the game, as long as you are only paying a sub if you enjoy the game then you are getting your money's worth. If you are paying a sub and not enjoying the game, then you have other issues than whether you are getting your money's worth.

In addition, asking a forum dedicated to WoW players and frequented by WoW players on whether they are getting value for their money from a game they are still playing and involved with is . . . . . let's say self defeating to be nice.

Absolutely worth it.

Why do you idiots still post in these threads?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-05 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

The quests in Valley of Four Winds were establishing the characters and personalities of the Pandaren who live there. The reason for all of this peacetime character development was so that the player would fully understand exactly what happens at the end of the zone, the Battle of Stoneplow, wherein a handful of untrained farmers hold their ground against a full Mantid invasion and a wall breach by an insect roughly the size of Godzilla. That is what the zone was about.

Of course if someone stopped questing before the end, they would come away thinking the whole thing revolved around virmen and goofy brewery hijinx, but the fact of the matter is that anyone who did stop questing before the end doesn't know what the story is and has no business saying anything one way or another about the lore. It would be like someone saying the Lord of the Rings books had no apparent threat and no story, and then you find out they got exactly as far as the end of the Concerning Hobbits chapter in Fellowship before tossing the book over one shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like more than 25% of poll respondents do not think that this expansion is worth their money. Very interesting statistics to say the least. Makes me wonder if subs will decline fast like they did during Cata.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like more than 25% of poll respondents do not think that this expansion is worth their money. Very interesting statistics to say the least. Makes me wonder if subs will decline fast like they did during Cata.
    How many of those are trolls that are no longer playing?

We know there are plenty of those on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We're getting way off track here, and that's mainly my fault. I've posted outside the spirit of the thread. So let's get back on track and discuss the topic: "Do you feel that MoP is worth your monthly subscription"?
    Well, when you put it that way...

I have absolutely gotten my money's worth. I hated Cata because the dungeons and raids were more self-abuse than fun even once they got relatively easy. being forced to grind every faction for gear, also not fun. I had basically quit.

MoP comes along, and I am playing again, have 3 90's(just finishing up the rep grind on 3 with commendations -Thank you Blizzard!-) and am really enjoying tanking the dungeons. I'm not having as much fun on my priest(Wrath Disc FTW!) but am enjoying my pally, and loving(blasphemy) my DK.

Hundreds of hours of play time for $70 over two months? You'd pay that for a single FPS that would be shelved by now, and have no game assets to show for it.

You really have to put this in perspective; there is a world out there, where you could be doing something other than play WoW. That so many people spend so much time playing, then complaining, means that there is still nothing that they would rather do, or something better to do, but they are putting Bliizard in the position of keeping them entertained at the shiny and new level constantly.

"Are you not entertained?"

I do. I love this expansion and am having a blast. Of course, I'm not the kind of person who does things I don't enjoy, so I'm not overly cranky about anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    Well, when you put it that way...

I have absolutely gotten my money's worth. I hated Cata because the dungeons and raids were more self-abuse than fun even once they got relatively easy. being forced to grind every faction for gear, also not fun. I had basically quit.

MoP comes along, and I am playing again, have 3 90's(just finishing up the rep grind on 3 with commendations -Thank you Blizzard!-) and am really enjoying tanking the dungeons. I'm not having as much fun on my priest(Wrath Disc FTW!) but am enjoying my pally, and loving(blasphemy) my DK.

Hundreds of hours of play time for $70 over two months? You'd pay that for a single FPS that would be shelved by now, and have no game assets to show for it.

You really have to put this in perspective; there is a world out there, where you could be doing something other than play WoW. That so many people spend so much time playing, then complaining, means that there is still nothing that they would rather do, or something better to do, but they are putting Bliizard in the position of keeping them entertained at the shiny and new level constantly.

"Are you not entertained?"
    Nice post. Great points.

But why did you put "Are you not entertained?" in Quotes?

Your sampling size isn't very large lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    Your sampling size isn't very large lol
    This should help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)

Read it and get back to me lol.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This should help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)

Read it and get back to me lol.
    how about your 25% is now 18% and dropping