Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There is the issue that those numbers lump hispanics into white, black, and unknown.
    I don't care enough to track down any better numbers. In the end, it looks like black and white will come out to about the same. Obviously the rates are different, but like I said, I just don't care. Most black people are basically good people, most white people are basically good people. Being scared or hateful towards folks based on race is ignorant. We agree, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    My joke was clearly an argument and not a sardonic remark upon the way that you present your racial heritage as if it matters. You presented yourself as being enlightened compared to others who have a similar heritage.
    It wouldn't have been a sardonic remark to begin with. The way it comes across you clearly meant to insult me in some way which pretty much rules out sardonicism.

You really lack comprehension skills don't you.

I bring up my racial heritage because I am not white, only a few great great grandparents are Irish. The reason I say this is that I do not think negatively of whites because of crimes that some white people commit. Did you read the comment I quoted? The guy who said it's hard not to be racist when you see crimes committed by blacks? It's actually pretty fucking easy to not be racist.

Which is why I said. I'm half black and half Indian and I don't think whites are a bunch of paedophiles who go on serial killer sprees because according to the tele, most of those crimes are committed by whites.

To which you said I am confused and don't know whether to rob a 7/11 or work at it.

No clue where the fuck you're getting I think I am enlightened from. Saying I'm not racist against a race just because tele says x race does this a lot and I am not of that race suddenly makes you think I think I am enlightened? To which you reply with a racist joke. How classy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't care enough to track down any better numbers. In the end, it looks like black and white will come out to about the same. Obviously the rates are different, but like I said, I just don't care. Most black people are basically good people, most white people are basically good people. Being scared or hateful towards folks based on race is ignorant. We agree, yeah?
    Yes we agree, something Bergtau clearly didn't understand when he made his racist joke.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-12-06 at 05:31 AM.

Some of the comments in here shock the hell out of me. "She said yes, so they don't deserve life in prison." She is 11 years old you people would be outraged if it was your 11 year old. They deserve life in prison for what they did to her.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    Some of the comments in here shock the hell out of me. "She said yes, so they don't deserve life in prison." She is 11 years old you people would be outraged if it was your 11 year old. They deserve life in prison for what they did to her.
    Really and what does life in prison solve? Does it make her feel better? Does it take away the rape? No it does not, it doesn't do any of that. What is done is done, but perhaps you can salvage something and at least rehabilitate the offenders.

It wouldn't have been a sardonic remark to begin with. The way it comes across you clearly meant to insult me in some way which pretty much rules out sardonicism.

You really lack comprehension skills don't you.

I bring up my racial heritage because I am not white, only a few great great grandparents are Irish. The reason I say this is that I do not think negatively of whites because of crimes that some white people commit. Did you read the comment I quoted? The guy who said it's hard not to be racist when you see crimes committed by blacks? It's actually pretty fucking easy to not be racist.

Which is why I said. I'm half black and half Indian and I don't think whites are a bunch of paedophiles who go on serial killer sprees because according to the tele, most of those crimes are committed by whites.

To which you said I am confused and don't know whether to rob a 7/11 or work at it
    You are the one being insulting here. In the post I quoted, you brought up your racial heritage, something that is completely irrelevant. It shouldn't be any harder for you to not hate white people because you are half black/half Indian. If you think I was attempting to insult you based on your racial heritage, you're being absurd.

Yes we agree, something Bergtau clearly didn't understand when he made his racist joke.
    Yeah, you pointing out your racial heritage in an irrelevant context and being mocked for doing so means I don't understand that race is irrelevant to the goodness of a human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    poor child all i can say, to be re victimized in court. No wonder rape is under reported in this country..... the slut defense still is used....

so a child told a group of 20 men yes, even 1 or 2 of these adults prob scared her.

I hope they all get the max penalty.

btw this thread is disgusting. all of you should be ashamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really and what does life in prison solve? Does it make her feel better? Does it take away the rape? No it does not, it doesn't do any of that. What is done is done, but perhaps you can salvage something and at least rehabilitate the offenders.
    Sexual offenders are the hardest, and least likely to rehabilitate. The recidivism rate is four times higher with sexual offenders than with those that commit other felonies like robbery or murder.

Life in prison guarantees that they cannot destroy another life.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Sexual offenders are the hardest, and least likely to rehabilitate. The recidivism rate is four times higher with sexual offenders than with those that commit other felonies like robbery or murder.

Life in prison guarantees that they cannot destroy another life.
    Source for that? The numbers I have seen show that sex offenders have a lower rate of recidivism.

You are the one being insulting here. In the post I quoted, you brought up your racial heritage, something that is completely irrelevant. It shouldn't be any harder for you to not hate white people because you are half black/half Indian. If you think I was attempting to insult you based on your racial heritage, you're being absurd.

Yeah, you pointing out your racial heritage in an irrelevant and being mocked for doing so means I don't understand that race is irrelevant to the goodness of a human being.
    So saying I don't know whether to rob a 7/11 (because I am half black) or to work there (because i'm half Indian) has nothing to do with insulting my race. My talk about lack of sensitivity or plain naivety.

Most people who dislike x race, aren't that race. Which is why I am bringing up the fact I am not white and I don't think negatively of whites simply because of what's on the tele.

You decided to "mock" my race for what reason? I never have mocked any ones race EVER, yet here you decide, hmm let me mock his race because he brought it up, right after he says he doesn't have any prejudice against whites because of the tele.

I wonder what goes on in a person's head where they go

"He brought up his race and I found it irrelevant, let me be an arse about his race now and make a racist joke teehee."

It's like me bringing up I am gay and you finding it irrelevant so you make a joke about me being a faggot.

Deleted
    Maybe it will make her life better, I'd be feeling very relieved knowing the people who did me harm werent able to ever hurt me again
    And what makes it even better than that is that they wont ever be able to do it to someone else again.
    Win Win. I'm surprised you can say it doesen't make her feel any better though.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    poor child all i can say, to be re victimized in court. No wonder rape is under reported in this country..... the slut defense still is used....
    It's said that in such a clear cut case there is still need for testimonies by the victim, or that those moronic questions about her consent could still be asked. It's worth nothing that those who accepted plea bargains got ~15 years or something; I have no sympathy with established repeat criminals who insist on victimising a child using legally nonsensical as well as invalid defenses getting harsher sentences. Not when they themselves recorded video evidences of the rape (and distributed it, no less).

btw this thread is disgusting. all of you should be ashamed.
    What did I do!?

So saying I don't know whether to rob a 7/11 (because I am half black) or to work there (because i'm half Indian) has nothing to do with insulting my race. My talk about lack of sensitivity or plain naivety.

Most people who dislike x race, aren't that race. Which is why I am bringing up the fact I am not white and I don't think negatively of whites simply because of what's on the tele.

You decided to "mock" my race for what reason? I never have mocked any ones race EVER, yet here you decide, hmm let me mock his race because he brought it up, right after he says he doesn't have any prejudice against whites because of the tele.

I wonder what goes on in a person's head where they go

"He brought up his race and I found it irrelevant, let me be an arse about his race now and make a racist joke teehee."

It's like me bringing up I am gay and you finding it irrelevant so you make a joke about me being a faggot.
    I wasn't mocking your race, I was mocking you by making a statement regarding your race where it is irrelevant, like you did in your post.

I chose the format of a joke because I like jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I linked the FBI data up above. Again: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...10shrtbl03.xls

This is murders only, I can track down other crimes if you want, I suppose. It doesn't really matter to me though, I'm just quibbling with factual accuracy, not your basic point. Being scared of black people or hating black people is ignorant as fuck. A few thousand murders, by either race, do not constitute a reason to hate tens of millions of people.
    Where are you getting this from? There ARE more crimes committed by whites than by blacks. At least according to the last numbers I looked at. If we deal with murders whites committed 5339 and blacks are lumped together with Hispanics a little under 6,000.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:16 AM ----------

So we're making racist jokes now? Classless dote. Where exactly are you from?
    There's more crimes by whites than blacks by a small margin because they outnumber blacks 5:1
    Why is that such a hard thing to understand?

Even if you assume they committed the same amount of murders, Blacks would still be 5 times more likely to commit a murder.

In before I get an infraction because 'dats not politically correct'

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    There's more crimes by whites than blacks by a small margin because they outnumber blacks 5:1
    Why is that such a hard thing to understand?

Even if you assume they committed the same amount of murders, Blacks would still be 5 times more likely to commit a murder.

In before I get an infraction because 'dats not politically correct'
    It's not a hard thing to understand. If we look to the news though why is it that you will find blacks getting more air time? When it comes to news reporting what should matter are the actual numbers of crimes not the percentage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source for that? The numbers I have seen show that sex offenders have a lower rate of recidivism.
    Really?

I didn't bother looking for a source, my wife works with sexual offenders and I'm often reminded of that statistic.

Here's a quick google: http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/2...sex-offenders/

Sex offenders were less likely than non-sex offenders to be rearrested for any offense –– 43 percent of sex offenders versus 68 percent of non-sex offenders. But sex offenders were about four times more likely than non-sex offenders to be arrested for another sex crime after their discharge from prison –– 5.3 percent of sex offenders versus 1.3 percent of non-sex offenders.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

I wasn't mocking your race, I was mocking you by making a statement regarding your race where it is irrelevant, like you did in your post.

I chose the format of a joke because I like jokes.
    Yeah, you pointing out your racial heritage in an irrelevant context and being mocked for doing so means I don't understand that race is irrelevant
    You clearly stated you "mocked" me for it. I do not like racist jokes, at all. I don't make them, I don't like them. I do not like racist jokes about blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, whatever the fuck other race you what to throw in the mix. They are highly insensitive, unless you know the person the joke is being make towards.

The reason I brought up my race, like I said, is for the effect. To say I don't have anything against whites despite what I see on the tele wouldn't mean much if I was white.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-12-06 at 05:49 AM.

Really?

I didn't bother looking for a source, my wife works with sexual offenders and I'm often reminded of that statistic.

So basically, sex offenders who have already committed a sex crime are four times more likely to commit a sex crime than a person who has not yet committed a sex crime?

The relevant numbers would be the 43% general recidivism for sex offenders versus the 68% general recidivism for non-sex offenders.

You clearly stated you "mocked" me for it. I do not like racist jokes, at all. I don't make them, I don't like them. I do not like racist jokes about blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, whatever the fuck other race you what to throw in the mix. They are highly insensitive, unless you know the person the joke is being make towards.

The reason I brought up my race, like I said, is for the effect. To say I don't have anything against whites despite what I see on the tele wouldn't mean much if I was white.
    To say you don't have anything against whites as a black/Indian doesn't mean much, either. You're implying that black/Indian people are inherently racist against white people.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-12-06 at 05:57 AM.

Really?

So 94.7% don't re-offend?

15+ Year Old Account
    yes it is a terrible thing, and yes she was very young and yes i agree they should be punished severely for being so much older than her. But the argument that an 11yr old girl doesnt have the right mind to know that what she was doing wasnt appropriate isnt entirely true. I know plenty of 12 yr olds that were giving out blowjobs when i was that age. Also a few that had sex by the age of 13, of course they did these acts with guys of the same age tho, but they knew what they were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    the girl said it was ok, they only got charged because she was underage, I think that makes it weirder
    She didn't say it was ok, if you bothered to actually read the article, she didn't understand the question. it would also help if the people asking these questions would 'dumb it down' for younger people, since not everybody at that age understands legal jargon and / or big words.

Sickens me. The things I want to happen to these kids...well, I'll keep that to myself. But I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.