Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yes, but kinda old.

I think a few more have recognized it since then, all I know is that the USA still hasn't.
    Yeah, what the article says (unless I am missing something) is that UK and France have recognized the rebels as an official opposition group. In other words they have graduated from being a band of criminals to someone organized enough that other governments can deal with them as an actual group of people who have some semblance of legitimacy.

It does nothing for their status under the genocide convention because they are a political group, not a national, religious or ethnic one.

I'm sorry, what makes you think Assad is only going to target the "rebels." Past actions are certainly not a good indicator
    Because it makes no sense to deliberately massacre your power base of neutral citizens, or pro-government, during a massive rebellion. Prior civilian kills have been due to indiscriminate targeting (in other words not caring about collateral), which is a crime, but not a crime of genocide.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2012-12-06 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Yeah, what the article says (unless I am missing something) is that UK and France have recognized the rebels as an official opposition group. In other words they have graduated from being a band of criminals to someone organized enough that other governments can deal with them as an actual group of people who have some semblance of legitimacy.

It does nothing for their status under the genocide convention because they are a political group, not a national, religious or ethnic one.
    It says they officially recognized them as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    So they piss off a bunch of people, they fight back, now they're going to prove them correct when they accuse them of human rights violations and drop nerve gas over their own citizens. Sweet.
    You know that the rebels are guilty of human rights violations right? And by the way they're also connected to Al Qaeda but let us just ignore that it isn't that important really.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 04:54 PM ----------

It says they officially recognized them as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people.
    Which is bullshit since this Free Syrian Army isn't that "Syrian".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    The burden of proof lies within the one making the claim not the one disbelieving it.
    Fair enough. However, the claim shouldn't be that they don't exist, but that we can't believe them without evidence.

Deleted
    You know that the rebels are guilty of human rights violations right? And by the way they're also connected to Al Qaeda but let us just ignore that it isn't that important really.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 04:54 PM ----------

Which is bullshit since this Free Syrian Army isn't that "Syrian".
    Exactly this!!

I read the topic title and all i could thing of is OMG no, but wait isn't the US ready to use nuclear weapons against anyone at a moments notice?
    yea assads going to use chemical weapons on his own people, its just a matter of time. but wait south Africa developed nukes for internal security..... yes INTERNAL security. so i don't see an issue with here. The US in not in position to do much of anything. Thank you Mr bush for the afgan / iraq cluster fuck. like the CIA couldn't have done a better job with ~100 billion a year in covert spending vs how many trillions. we used a 500 hp chain saw when what we needed was a 1 millimeter razor. hurting our national power considerably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Fair enough. However, the claim shouldn't be that they don't exist, but that we can't believe them without evidence.
    Yes, they might exist and might not. Without hard evidence I say that we shouldn't be involved.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see my government stay the fvck out of this one. Tired of my country playing World Police. Let Europe deal with that nonsense. Either way it's a no win for the US. If we help, then we're meddling in the EUs business and if we don't help, then were the terrible west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they might exist and might not. Without hard evidence I say that we shouldn't be involved.
    I'm inclined to agree.

Is that why Americans have waited this long? Just to go in now?

Protip: The American public won't tolerate another Iraq.
    Yes they will, they will tolerate anything the government says. People are beyond brainwashed now, and believe everything the government tells them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    I'd like to see my government stay the fvck out of this one. Tired of my country playing World Police. Let Europe deal with that nonsense. Either way it's a no win for the US. If we help, then we're meddling in the EUs business and if we don't help, then were the terrible west.
    this so much. either way we go we're going to be the bad guys. besides, every syrian group that has expressed an opinion on the matter says they dont want us involved. fine by me, we should go with the option that doesnt waste billions of dollars and however many american lives

Deleted
    The russians will jump to defend their beloved Assad against the evil american empire..

Why are Americans so interested anyway?
    Waaaaaaaaaa chemical weapons are so bad waahhhhhhhhh
    -DROPS AGENT ORANGE ON VIETNAM.... DROPS TWO NUKES ON JAPAN-

MERICA.

Infracted.

Don't troll.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-06 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post

MERICA.
    You act like every American agrees with those decisions.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

MERICA.
    Japan needed those nukes dropped on them. Thinking otherwise is burying your head in the sand. The Japanese had to be broken and that was the only way to get it done and cut down on the loss of life. Believe whatever the hell you want to though. Makes no difference to me.

Vietnam was a mess that we should have never been involved with.

Personally, I would love to see the US stay out of it and let Europe deal with it. Should be your problem and not ours. Fvck those that want to hate on America, especially the clowns in the UK.

MERICA.
    The UK used chlorine and later phosgene, diphosgene and mustard gas during WWI.
    The UK then used mustard gas on Bolshevik troops in 1919.
    Then in experiments in the 1930s exposed Indian soldiers to mustard gas to "determine appropriate battlefield dosages".

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-12-06 at 06:48 PM.

The UK used chlorine and later phosgene, diphosgene and mustard gas during WWI.
    The UK then used mustard gas on Bolshevik troops in 1919.

Just sayin'.
    Back before a time it was "Immoral"

Same argument goes for the nukes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Keep up with the spin machine.

Nice job editing out the original post you were quoting. I think you forgot something.

Then in experiments in the 1930s exposed Indian soldiers to mustard gas to "determine appropriate battlefield dosages".

Same argument goes for the nukes.
    America had full idea of what the nukes could do which is exactly why they used them.

The same reason why Hitler kept trying to launch V2's at Britain.