Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Hmm. There's a game that has been on my mind lately, but random Google searches have been fruitless. So.. here's a shot at describing it.

It's a strategy game, for PC.
    It has a fantasy setting.
    There's three factions: One based around technology which was humans, another based around magic users and fantasy/mythological creatures.. and I can't remember the third.
    The main human character's name started with a G. I think it was Giovanni. Again, can't remember.

I hope that's enough to work off.
    Sounds like Rise of Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Sounds like Rise of Legends.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of...ise_of_Legends

That's it!

Thanks a ton.

Static beat me to it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a somewhat tough one, methinks.

Original NES game. Shooter style. I BELIEVE it was top down, and you collected upgrades for your gun, and could make some super awesome gun when you got all of the pieces. I think it was a vertical scroller.

Deleted
    Looking for the title of an N64 game... No idea on the year. You play as a short Ninja character with insanely spiky blue hair. His friends are a chubby dude with 'forever' closed eyes: -_-, and a chick with long green hair that could turn into a mermaid... I believe you can play as the other two characters later in the game. It was a very Asian looking game, I believe based in Japan. One of the 'rare' item collectibles was a Maneki-Neko. No idea on the name, but if I THINK it had Ninja in the title.. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnuck View Post
    Looking for the title of an N64 game... No idea on the year. You play as a short Ninja character with insanely spiky blue hair. His friends are a chubby dude with 'forever' closed eyes: -_-, and a chick with long green hair that could turn into a mermaid... I believe you can play as the other two characters later in the game. It was a very Asian looking game, I believe based in Japan. One of the 'rare' item collectibles was a Maneki-Neko. No idea on the name, but if I THINK it had Ninja in the title.. :/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystica...tarring_Goemon

That sounds right

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Definitely it. I've actually still got that one in my collection.

Deleted
    That's the one! Thank you kindly!

Here's a somewhat tough one, methinks.

Original NES game. Shooter style. I BELIEVE it was top down, and you collected upgrades for your gun, and could make some super awesome gun when you got all of the pieces. I think it was a vertical scroller.
    Heavy Barrel?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Heavy Barrel?
    That's the one, thanks! ^_^

Hi guys,

I remember when i was younger(around 10, maybe more, years ago), there was this 3d helicopter game I used to play. The concept of the game was that you were in some sort of city and you piloted a helicopter around. One of the key parts of this game was that it had the "Ride of the valkyries" by Wagner as a theme(I think it was playing most of the time). I've been looking around for it lately but I have no idea about it's name or anything. Any chance anyone knows what i am talking about?

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meneldur View Post
    Hi guys,

I remember when i was younger(around 10, maybe more, years ago), there was this 3d helicopter game I used to play. The concept of the game was that you were in some sort of city and you piloted a helicopter around. One of the key parts of this game was that it had the "Ride of the valkyries" by Wagner as a theme(I think it was playing most of the time). I've been looking around for it lately but I have no idea about it's name or anything. Any chance anyone knows what i am talking about?

Cheers.
    I haven't played it in years, but sounds like SimCopter. I dont remember that particular musical track in the game, but you could import cities you made from SimCity 2000 into the game to fly around in.

I also recall there being an easter egg in the original release versions of the game where something like a bunch of gay dudes would appear and start making out with each other. I remember people threw a big shit fest about it and it was removed later on, I hadn't known about it till a few years later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool thread concept, here's one:

Dreamcast game (yeahhhh) about a collective of thieves (I remember the first mission you steal art, not sure if you steal other stuff eventually). It was 3-D ish during the gameplay, but the cutscenes were all anime art. You have to distract guards and open switches/turn off lasers/etc, and then escape with the painting.

A couple of the characters: Little boy genius, tech wiz; one girl was on roller skates; stereotypical ladies man character.

That's honestly about all I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I haven't played it in years, but sounds like SimCopter. I dont remember that particular musical track in the game, but you could import cities you made from SimCity 2000 into the game to fly around in.

I also recall there being an easter egg in the original release versions of the game where something like a bunch of gay dudes would appear and start making out with each other. I remember people threw a big shit fest about it and it was removed later on, I hadn't known about it till a few years later.
    Wow thanks. That's the one

Edit: found a video with the sound I told you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0cv2GVSnus
    Last edited by Meneldur; 2013-03-03 at 11:54 PM. Reason: added a few things

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Cool thread concept, here's one:

Dreamcast game (yeahhhh) about a collective of thieves (I remember the first mission you steal art, not sure if you steal other stuff eventually). It was 3-D ish during the gameplay, but the cutscenes were all anime art. You have to distract guards and open switches/turn off lasers/etc, and then escape with the painting.

A couple of the characters: Little boy genius, tech wiz; one girl was on roller skates; stereotypical ladies man character.

That's honestly about all I remember.
    The only game for Dreamcast I can remember that has rollerskates in it is Jet Set Radio. The rest of that doesn't sound familiar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The only game for Dreamcast I can remember that has rollerskates in it is Jet Set Radio. The rest of that doesn't sound familiar.
    It's not Jet Set Radio, played it also and enjoyed it. The rollerskates are a fairly minor thing, it's just on theif's "token trait" is that she roller skates, iirc.

Whats this old school game?

I randomly remembered playing a Graphic Puzzle/Adventure game for the PC from when I was a kid... I cant for the life of me remember what it is!

All I remember is you start off in a city, then you go to a Dam and also go to a giant garden with a venus fly trap that can eat you?

Might of just been a realy random dream but if anyone can help me... its been bugging me for days now!

Deleted
    Gotta admit, when I read "health in zzzz's" and nightmare, I thought of Bart's Nightmare. God that game was hard.

Quote Originally Posted by firadesunna View Post
    I randomly remembered playing a Graphic Puzzle/Adventure game for the PC from when I was a kid... I cant for the life of me remember what it is!

All I remember is you start off in a city, then you go to a Dam and also go to a giant garden with a venus fly trap that can eat you?

Might of just been a realy random dream but if anyone can help me... its been bugging me for days now!
    Kyrandia Book 2: The Hand of Fate

Deleted
    Okay, my turn.

It possibly was for the PS1 but I cannot be certain, I was young, less than 10 years of age maybe. It's a puzzle game, you moved this hand over items to find clues and keys that unlock rooms and other places, I honestly can't even remember what the objective of the game was to be honest haha I think I can remember being able to go outside as well into other buildings or rooms...

A vague description maybe but if you know the game, please tell!