Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Think of it a few months from now. Maybe there aren't as many bosses that you are spending coins on so maybe you don't have to drop the 90 Lesser charms everyweek. At that point someone might just say "I'll stock up for next patch. The gear will all get replaced."

Way to twist any fucking thing he possibly can say into the most negative light possible, you're winning.
    Soon his very conjunctions will be an affront to poor persecuted players who just want to have fun everywhere.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I think there will be some kind of charms' reset in slightly similar way to CP resets and they will be probably changed to be exclusive reward from new 5.2 dailies. That's so people wouldn't say "oh, finally done with millions of dailies", but would always be ready for more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Did no one actually watch the interview where this came from? He is doing exactly the same thing we currently do with valor. It will keep people from needing to spend previous 3 weeks prior to patch hording 10 charms but rather pushes them to continue spending it up until patch to get better gear. Otherwise, if they didn't reset it, we'd be running in with 10 of 3. They'll probably do what they do with valor where they reset it to Justice Points. They'll most likely refund the charms at 30 Lesser charms each.

Deleted
    "TBC was anything but casual in fact TBC was the most hardcore the game had ever been"
    HAHAHA ..... idd it was however at NO point were you EVER required to grind dailys for days on end what you had to do was do the heroics in the game which was actually hard(ofc depending on what HC you decided to do) which funnily enough meant you had to play the game as well. Which forced you seeing as the game was harder back then to find ppl you could rely on aka other players who had a clue what they were doing also meaning you got to know other players not just some randoms in LFR or LFD crap.

I am sorry but being rewarded for doing quests, quests wich can in fact be completed alone is in no way "hardcore" or remotely challenging and seeing the ever increasing emphasises on "gear" in the game it really limits new players to do one thing, which is questing each day untill they point where they can use their valor points in a hope to catch up to the other players in the game so they to can have a chance to raid.

All of this comes from someone who was hardly "casual" in TBC, vanilla or wotlk for the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    "Patch 5.2 might make the current Lesser Charms less valuable to discourage hoarding and the need to farm them before the patch."
    Translation: we'll reset all the charms on patch day, and Elder Lin's quest will now require four hundred of them to complete. For the same three charms you get now for ninety.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

"Patch 5.2 might make the current Lesser Charms less valuable to discourage hoarding and the need to farm them before the patch."

Discourage horading/need to farm? What is he talking about? I have over 1000. Not for any reason other than they accumulate was faster than you can spend them per week if you'r doing dailies. I only do the ones I still need rep for (Just Shieldwall atm), and still have a poop-ton of these things. Why is this sounding like I'm trying to be clever or sneaky?

If anything, have something else you can spend them on. Like, maybe 100 for an extra Spirit of Harmony or something, idk.
    Try to think outside the box for a second instead of what you want to take literally.

Currently Lesser Charms are only used for a turn-in to get Greater Charms. When they say something like "hoard for 5.2" then perhaps that is his way of referencing that in 5.2 they'll have a possible use for something else as well. Since they are adding more dailies and people who love doing dailies will have a ton they want to add in something else they can exchange it for. With this being the case they want to make it so you just don't stockpile 5k before patch or something (Since you can get 300 a week if you did 3 factions of dailies each day)

They can make lesser charms usable to upgrade gear.

For example: upgrade gear for 750 valor OR 750 lesser charm tokens.

Less valuable.

What's he's saying is that LFR, come 5.2, will drop even less loot. Your coins will be less effective and have no new functionality, like most features past the patch they are introduced.
    Last edited by Salted Beef; 2012-12-07 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And yet I remember the forums back then being wall to wall people saying they wanted BC's tier-by-tier progression system back.
    I was thinking the exact same thing ...
    Listening to your playerbase: Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    I'm annoyed that I can't get a character to 90, grind out my gear in a few days or a week, be at a reasonable standard for semi-casual raiding and progressing down the path of gearing up using VP even if I can't find a raid.

DS was perfect in this regard. Want to try raiding on a new class? Go hit up HoT heroics for a few days and come back at 378 ready for normal DS action.

Now I have to wade through Daily Area of Casualcraft shit for weeks on end and go beg the RNG gods a mere once a week? Absolutely infuriating.
    Hahahaha, your calling it casualcraft while whining about it taking to much effort?
    ROFL.

10+ Year Old Account

Discourage horading/need to farm? What is he talking about? I have over 1000. Not for any reason other than they accumulate was faster than you can spend them per week if you'r doing dailies. I only do the ones I still need rep for (Just Shieldwall atm), and still have a poop-ton of these things. Why is this sounding like I'm trying to be clever or sneaky?

If anything, have something else you can spend them on. Like, maybe 100 for an extra Spirit of Harmony or something, idk.
    Wow... some people read way too much into things, and miss the entire point while doing so.

He wants to discourage people from hoarding Charms for the patch instead of using them now, as they very well should be. How on earth is that simple concept so hard for you to understand?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Wow... some people read way too much into things, and miss the entire point while doing so.

He wants to discourage people from hoarding Charms for the patch instead of using them now, as they very well should be. How on earth is that simple concept so hard for you to understand?
    On the other hand, it's quite impossible not to hoard them atm, if you still do dailies more then once a week

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Interesting interpretations you guys got for a quote that essentially means "don't go out of your way to get them, it won't be worth it".
    How do you horde that witch you can't spend enough of? Even if one did every daily just enough to get the maximum reps, that person will NOT be able to use all those coins for months. That is not hording, the coins are a byproduct of getting rep. Hardly anyone is getting coins to get coins. No one is doing every daily every day in hopes they will be usable for other things.

So I ask again: How do you horde that which you can't give away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Fucking kill me and my alts now. My enthusiasm for coming back to this game after the fucktardery of launch becomes irrelevant wanes with every piece of new news that I read.
    you mean the less than half a week of trouble we had with most of us only having 6 hours of trouble, some even none, during launch?

Seriously, taking what ghost crawler said out of context.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-12-07 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    On the other hand, it's quite impossible not to hoard them atm, if you still do dailies more then once a week
    6000 valor quest *cough* cough*
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm annoyed that I can't get a character to 90, grind out my gear in a few days or a week, be at a reasonable standard for semi-casual raiding and progressing down the path of gearing up using VP even if I can't find a raid.

DS was perfect in this regard. Want to try raiding on a new class? Go hit up HoT heroics for a few days and come back at 378 ready for normal DS action.

Now I have to wade through Daily Area of Casualcraft shit for weeks on end and go beg the RNG gods a mere once a week? Absolutely infuriating.
    you can do the same thing with the same time invested in pandaria or even more, the only difference is that blizzard removed the ability to "cheat" the roll in lfr by quequing with peoples of the same class and multiply your chances to win a piece, and thank a god they do it, less loot dramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good.
    I can see where he's coming from. People saving up loads before a new raid then blowing them all to give themselves as possible gear advantage in the first week isn't a great idea as it not only shortens the longevity of a raid, makes World Firsts have a high element of RNG due to gear and also defeats the point of the Charm in the first place which isn't something you just blow to give yourself and advantage.
    The same happened with VP's and that was fine.

I'm seeing a few comments that seem to indicate people either didn't read the interview or misinterpreted it .

Deleted

But you can do this right now, I do not get this comment at all.

There are loads of source for gear.

You hit 90 grind some dungeons and scenarios to get to 460.

Scenarios now have a chance of a 476 epic as well.

You can now upgrade your epic gear using Valor points to increase your iLvl further.

PvP gear is very cross overable into PvE now a 476 PvP item is as good as a 476 PvE item for PvE.

There are some very nice 476 crafted epics.

Please please explain to me why this is worse that DS? You have twice as many bosses to get loot from.

You get 450 Valor just from doing LFR it is very easy to get to 1000 a week just with Scenerios and Dungeons.

Are Dailies the only source of Elder Charm sure I see this, but this is something extra?

They did want to make Dalies more rewarding have they maybe gone to far sure, but saying you can't gear an alt is total utter BS.

They have added loads of ways of gearing up your toon, are Dailies one of them sure but there are many many more!

I should point out that you only really need 463 gear to start Normal MV so in fact the new system lets you far supersede this iLvl.

Also any irony in calling it Casualcraft but then moaning you need to work harder to get gear?
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2012-12-07 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    How do you horde that witch you can't spend enough of? Even if one did every daily just enough to get the maximum reps, that person will NOT be able to use all those coins for months. That is not hording, the coins are a byproduct of getting rep. Hardly anyone is getting coins to get coins. No one is doing every daily every day in hopes they will be usable for other things.

So I ask again: How do you horde that which you can't give away?
    You're asking the wrong question. You're not hoarding, so GCs comment just plain doesn't apply to you. He's talking about those that do dailies for the charms, not the rep or VP.