Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    * lets steer this away from my original post into a Pro-US slant that infers that the US never does anything wrong
    Seriously junior, you really should stay on topic, and your defense of 'justice justice justice' isn't working. You are on the wrong side of the facts because you dont know them; You are on the wrong side of history, because you dont know your history; And worst of all, you are on the wrong side of logic, because you have shown an complete lack of ability to do anything more than parrot stuff you've read.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.
    Thank you for the new Sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one was tortured or massacred within the Japanese internment camps within the U.S.A.
    Really? and you know this how? You dont know, again, you weren't there.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Why would I be joking?

If all he did was guard a camp as he claimed and killed no one, I really fail to see what exactly he did wrong. I would say allied bomber crews that took part in firebombings of German and Japanese cities are more worthy of crimes against humanity charges than this man is. He just seems like your run-of-the-mill camp guard.
    That took part in the Holocaust. Yeah, no big deal.

Now if there wasn't mass murder going on behind him AND if he truly didn't injure anyone else, then maybe, MAYBE, I could see your point.

The fact that the first point is just pure fact and the second is extremely likely makes your "I don't see what he did wrong" point absolutely null.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not comparable to Nazi internment camps at all in any way shape or form. That was my point and it stands defiantly and strongly still.
    YOU REALLY SHOULD STOP MOVING THE GOALPOSTS... you said that it wasn't happening, now you have evidence that it DID happen, now you are changing your story... Just admit you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    That took part in the Holocaust. Yeah, no big deal.

Now if there wasn't mass murder going on behind him AND if he truly didn't injure anyone else, then maybe, MAYBE, I could see your point.

The fact that the first point is just pure fact and the second is extremely likely makes your "I don't see what he did wrong" point absolutely null.
    Yet, the whole "do it or die" comes into play. I'm pretty sure we take that into account in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Thank you for the new Sig.
    Waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hitler never "killed anyone" either, and neither did Stalin. This guy FACILITATED and was an ACCESSORY to the massacre and torture of people.
    You have no clue or any proof for what he may or may not have done. You just want to see him burn for some reason, even though your precious law states that he needs to be proven guilty before he can be convicted of any crime. How can anyone claim to hav sufficient proof after more than 60 years? I'm really trying not to generalize here, but people like you make it hard for me, being located in "TEXAS" and everything. Don't you have entire prisons to put to death? I guess I'm surprised you didn't say he should be hung for being forced into the SS, and also it's a proven fact that every German ever has killed at least a bazillion Jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has yet to articulate anything besides 1.) He's always right because 'Murica and 2.) He has no grasp on history whatsoever.
    I RARELY agree with you on much of anything, BUT, In this case we DO agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yet, the whole "do it or die" comes into play. I'm pretty sure we take that into account in court.
    *Coughs* I'm sorry, could you break that down for me? At 3:15AM, my brain likes to shut off randomly sometimes >.>

Do you basically mean to say he guarded the camp out of fear for himself?

Deleted
    On a tangential note, which country or nation on Earth has liberated even half as many as countries/peoples as the United States of America?

Let's see who the U.S.A. has liberated:

1. Nicaragua from the Sandinistas
    2. Panama
    3. Grenada
    4. Iraq
    5. Kosovo
    6. Kuwait
    7. Balkans in general.
    8. Europe in WW1
    9. Europe in WW2.
    10. Pacific theater in WW2.
    11. Attempted to liberate South Vietnam, partially succeeded militarily.
    12. Attempted to liberate all of Korea, succeeded in liberating South Korea.
    13. Liberated much of China from the Japanese.
    14. Liberated Libya.
    15. About to liberate Syria (probably.)
    16. Liberated Sierra Leone.
    17. Tore down apartheid in South Africa by supporting Nelson Mandela, and therefore deserve partial credit for liberating Africa.
    18. Liberated Egypt by not propping up Hosni Mubarak.
    19. Liberated East Timor from Indonesia with the Australians.
    20. Liberated Cuba from the Spanish in the 19th century.
    21. Liberated all of South America due to the implications of the Monroe Doctrine.
    22. Liberated much of the world today due to the implications of the Truman/Eisenhower Doctrines.
    23. Liberated North Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Egypt) from the Nazi Afrika Korps.

There you go. 22+ incidents of liberation with over 100 countries/peoples affected. God Bless America.
    Ahahahah man your idea of "liberation" is peculiar.
    I like how you "liberated" Korea. You've done a pretty good job.
    Of course, you weren't following the nonsensical guidelines of the Cold War, no. You were clearly acting in the interest if the people. Like nicaragua. And they acknowledge that and love you very much for it.
    Or how you liberated Vietnam (lol), Libya (lol), Sierra Leone (lol), Egypt (ahah this one is hilarious), CUBA HOW CAN YOU MENTION CUBA AFTER ALL YOU'VE DONE AND YOU'RE DOING TO THEM, South America (good job the world is impressed) actually you know what.
    I was going into details, but I don't think it's worth it. You are delirious. America has done lots of amazing things for the world but NONE of what you mentioned.
    Just... If you don't want to read abou them... Wikipedia them Jesus how lazy can you be.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I RARELY agree with you on much of anything, BUT, In this case we DO agree.
    Mhmm. And as you said, we DON'T often agree, but I feel you articulate your points well, and do so with facts, but this kid... It should be noted while typing "this" i initially typed "shit". Freudian slip?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ahahahah man your idea of "liberation" is peculiar.
    I like how you "liberated" Korea. You've done a pretty good job.
    Of course, you weren't following the nonsensical guidelines of the Cold War, no. You were clearly acting in the interest if the people. Like nicaragua. And they acknowledge that and love you very much for it.
    Or how you liberated Vietnam (lol), Libya (lol), Sierra Leone (lol), Egypt (ahah this one is hilarious), CUBA HOW CAN YOU MENTION CUBA AFTER ALL YOU'VE DONE AND YOU'RE DOING TO THEM, South America (good job the world is impressed) actually you know what.
    I was going into details, but I don't think it's worth it. You are delirious. America has done lots of amazing things for the world but NONE of what you mentioned.
    Just... If you don't want to read abou them... Wikipedia them Jesus how lazy can you be.
    HAH! I missed that giant wall-of-text list he posted. That's pretty fucking hilarious that he thinks we "liberated" those places.

I won't lie nor try to hide it: my country is a selfish-as-fuck place.

Deleted
    Im sure he will have a blast to demonstrate that he was forced to be a guard at a nazi camp. Will he quote his dead superior or even Hitler? Also is still funny what for US visa you are still asked if you were in Germany between 1940-1945 even if you are 25 years old. Guess the guy didn't get the question in 1950 when he moved to US.

Mhmm. And as you said, we DON'T often agree, but I feel you articulate your points well, and do so with facts, but this kid... It should be noted while typing "this" i initially typed "shit". Freudian slip?
    "But shit kid?"

Wait, if it's a Freudian slip, does that mean you have a really dirty fetish? >_>;

*Coughs* I'm sorry, could you break that down for me? At 3:15AM, my brain likes to shut off randomly sometimes >.>

Himself and his family. He didn't even begin service until 1942, at the age of 17, and after having been indoctrinated into the party line since the age of 8. When Germany realized they were actually going to have to fight and they couldn't just steamroll over Europe they instituted a policy of "join or die". If a soldier, remember, soldier, not officer, as in, guy that takes orders, not gives them, disobeys, his entire family would most likely be killed, or at the very least have their property seized and be imprisoned.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't grasp the idea that it wasn't really his choice to serve the country very well... and it's not that they would've just killed him... they probably would've killed his family in front of him and then killed him... just to make a point... and I sure as hell care more about myself and my family than I do for some Jews, that, from what I know, could be enemies of my country...

Given his situation I bet not 1% of the total population of earth would chose otherwise... actually make that 0.1% ... so yeah... I really see no point in this trial other than total drama and spending more money on useless stuff...

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much. Even if they didn't kill him for disobeying orders (which, remember, we're talking about the SS here), there was a point when it was pretty obvious that Germany was going to win the war. And when the Reich spanned the entire planet, it would majorly suck to be the one guy who said "Hey, maybe this whole Nazi thing isn't for me anymore".

Himself and his family. He didn't even begin service until 1942, at the age of 17, and after having been indoctrinated into the party line since the age of 8. When Germany realized they were actually going to have to fight and they couldn't just steamroll over Europe they instituted a policy of "join or die". If a soldier, remember, soldier, not officer, as in, guy that takes orders, not gives them, disobeys, his entire family would most likely be killed, or at the very least have their property seized and be imprisoned.
    Wrong place, wrong time?

I understand said circumstances, but imagine this similar scenario: You're kidnapped and taken somewhere far away. Upon removing the blindfold (that I didn't mention), you see a man holding a gun to your family, all of which are tied up and would easily die to this man. They (said kidnappers) give you two options: A. Die with your family or B. Go and kill hundreds of innocent people with them (and they'll be watching you the ENTIRE TIME).

Whichever side you choose, you're hurting innocent people. While I understand the scenario sucks, it's essentially the same for this guy. You can't just escape your crimes regardless of how you were brought into this whether you wanted to or not.

Like I'm not really sure what to say. Sure, you could say I'm biased (both my dad's parents were in the Holocaust and they both survived... physically. They're known as my "insane grandparents"), but I do acknowledge that he may have done it out of fear (if that truly is the case, then he has some of my sympathies), but all I can really say is: "life sucks and isn't ever fair". You can't escape your crimes.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-12-07 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    You do realize that if the Allies had lost the war, the exact same thing would've happened to bomber pilots and people working in Japanese labour camps? History is written by the victor, let the old man be.